Sign the “Motley ‘94 Box Set” Petition

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Sign the “Motley ‘94 Box Set” Petition

Post by metalmike76 »

Hi all,

Metal Mike here. I have started a petition to Motley Crue to give this monster of an album a reissue/box set. If you are a fan....click below. Thanks!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rel ... ry-box-set
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Sign the “Motley ‘94 Box Set” Petition

Post by pieceofme »

Tempted to start a petition not to have this boring album made into a box set/reissue.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

metalmike76 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:31 pm Hi all,

Metal Mike here. I have started a petition to Motley Crue to give this monster of an album a reissue/box set. If you are a fan....click below. Thanks!

There is literally ZERO chance this would happen.

$tEvil
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

Corabi's 15-second portrayal in the Dirt movie and the 51 signatures put this petition in the pat on the head and "that's nice" category.

You should do a podcast where you discuss your Top 15 favorite songs off Motley 94!
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
zz666
Headlining Clubs

Post by zz666 »

metalmike76 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:31 pm Hi all,

Haha! Only on Sludge! You idiot
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

pieceofme wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:43 pm Tempted to start a petition not to have this boring album made into a box set/reissue.
I'll sign it!
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Sludge is a parallel universe.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

pieceofme wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:43 pm Tempted to start a petition not to have this boring album made into a box set/reissue.
That would get my vote!
The power of Sludge compels you.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Hellsinkey wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:51 am Sludge is a parallel universe.
Is it? In 1994 Nikki couldn’t take his mouth off of John’s a**. He kept telling us how “insane” this album was going to be and that it was going to be the best MC release of all time. While I think Nikki is a dishonest, pathological liar and I was a big fan of the original lineup, Nikki wasn’t lying about this. While it doesn’t have the sales to match, it’s the best album they ever did. It’s failure wasn’t John’s fault. It was Nikki and the rest of the original band for dividing the fan base into Camp MC and Camp Vince, Camp Vince fell flat on their face just as quickly as Camp MC did at the time. Had they stayed together and released an album in 1993 or 1994 it would’ve struggled to do much of anything at all. They would’ve struggled to headline arenas at the time too. Everyone in this genre was. They were getting their a**es kicked by grunge, rap, country and most importantly, MTV. There was also so much infighting, back biting, sh*t talking and sac tucking going on within this genre, you could not only smell but really see the pathetic on these guys. Poison, to their credit, were about the only band who were unapologetic about their past at the time. Nikki and Tommy couldn’t run far enough and fast enough away from it at the time.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:29 am
Is it? In 1994 Nikki couldn’t take his mouth off of John’s a**. He kept telling us how “insane” this album was going to be and that it was going to be the best MC release of all time. While I think Nikki is a dishonest, pathological liar and I was a big fan of the original lineup, Nikki wasn’t lying about this. While it doesn’t have the sales to match, it’s the best album they ever did. It’s failure wasn’t John’s fault. It was Nikki and the rest of the original band for dividing the fan base into Camp MC and Camp Vince, Camp Vince fell flat on their face just as quickly as Camp MC did at the time. Had they stayed together and released an album in 1993 or 1994 it would’ve struggled to do much of anything at all. They would’ve struggled to headline arenas at the time too. Everyone in this genre was. They were getting their a**es kicked by grunge, rap, country and most importantly, MTV. There was also so much infighting, back biting, sh*t talking and sac tucking going on within this genre, you could not only smell but really see the pathetic on these guys. Poison, to their credit, were about the only band who were unapologetic about their past at the time. Nikki and Tommy couldn’t run far enough and fast enough away from it at the time.
Right, but a box set for this album, or the demand for one, would only exist in a parallel universe.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 am
Right, but a box set for this album, or the demand for one, would only exist in a parallel universe.
I thought he meant liking MC94 in general. Which lets face it, even with the Vince apologists on here it’s not like Generation Swine did any better.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I think it might be a joke boyos...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:05 am I think it might be a joke boyos...
I don't know...there's a link. I didn't click on it. Half the fans around here love that album and half the fans hate it. I love the album but I agree there is no demand for a box set, a reissue, a remaster or a reunion. But there isn't any demand for a Generation Swine box set either. Fans are fickle.

I knew the album wasn't going to go through the roof but I was surprised it, and more so the tour tanked like it did. Everyone was acting like they were "so over" the 80s at the time. Vince represented everything about the 80s, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Nikki purposefully went with John because he was the opposite of that. He was a midwest guy with a healthy glam, classic and British rock influence. I think John fit the band perfectly. I didn't get the backlash other than Nikki constantly and publicly smack talking Vince and everything they had accomplished together. That is why the album and tour tanked not because John couldn't or didn't deliver. He did in spades!

To this day, and it probably kills Nikki just as much as it does Vince fans to acknowledge this, it's the best album they ever did. Lyrically, songwriting, playing, production. It blows away everything they did. While Nikki was correct to feel that way, he took for granted and overestimated how much we loved his band.

I don't listen to MC much anymore. But when I do, I listen to MC94.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:05 am I think it might be a joke boyos...
metalmike76 does not joke around when it comes to metal.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:43 am
I don't know...there's a link. I didn't click on it. Half the fans around here love that album and half the fans hate it. I love the album but I agree there is no demand for a box set, a reissue, a remaster or a reunion. But there isn't any demand for a Generation Swine box set either. Fans are fickle.

I knew the album wasn't going to go through the roof but I was surprised it, and more so the tour tanked like it did. Everyone was acting like they were "so over" the 80s at the time. Vince represented everything about the 80s, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Nikki purposefully went with John because he was the opposite of that. He was a midwest guy with a healthy glam, classic and British rock influence. I think John fit the band perfectly. I didn't get the backlash other than Nikki constantly and publicly smack talking Vince and everything they had accomplished together. That is why the album and tour tanked not because John couldn't or didn't deliver. He did in spades!

To this day, and it probably kills Nikki just as much as it does Vince fans to acknowledge this, it's the best album they ever did. Lyrically, songwriting, playing, production. It blows away everything they did. While Nikki was correct to feel that way, he took for granted and overestimated how much we loved his band.

Tom's gone grunge! :o
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:42 am

Next stage: hipster!

Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

:twisted:
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:47 am

Next stage? I was drinking PBR when Chip was still getting the hang of coloring inside the lines whilst watching Sesame Street.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:05 am

Next stage? I was drinking PBR when Chip was still getting the hang of coloring inside the lines whilst watching Sesame Street.
You're the original hipster?

Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:17 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:05 am

You're the original hipster?
No one is original. We all pull influences from somewhere.
DevastatinDave
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by DevastatinDave »

Well said. 100%. There are great songs on there, and think that Vince MC94 would have sucked. His album sucked hard IMO. I have a personal bias but I loved it years before that existed.

And just for fun again. https://youtu.be/zRViorQ6pls
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

DevastatinDave wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:48 am
Well said. 100%. There are great songs on there, and think that Vince MC94 would have sucked. His album sucked hard IMO. I have a personal bias but I loved it years before that existed.

Exposed is miles better than MC94.

metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:29 pm
I'll sign it!
Thanks bro🤘
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:41 am
metalmike76 does not joke around when it comes to metal.
😂it’s true, I don’t joke about metal! ...ok all maybe not a box set, but at least a reissue w/ some extra shit🤷🏻‍♂️
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:05 pm
DevastatinDave wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:48 am

Exposed is miles better than MC94.
I love both. Exposed is an odd one...it’s his most high level cheese like “Have Your Cake” and some deeper interesting shit like “The Edge”. They definitely should have skipped decade and did a full studio album in 1991. Probably was their last shot at a Platinum studio album
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

I doubt Vince has ever heard it and I seriously doubt he thinks it's the best album MC has ever done. I doubt he thinks about it at all.

In fact I think that all applies to the rest of the guys in MC.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

If the RotW liked MC94 half as much as Sludge, Crabby would still be in the band.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
MOON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MOON »

Velvis wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm

I doubt Vince has ever heard it and I seriously doubt he thinks it's the best album MC has ever done. I doubt he thinks about it at all.

In fact I think that all applies to the rest of the guys in MC.
Tommy and Mick both still give high praises to the MC94 album. Nikki used to always give it high praises up until 2008/2009 when he got pissed at something John said in an interview down in south america.. Since then, he has been anti-john and anti-mc94...
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:43 am
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 am

I thought he meant liking MC94 in general. Which lets face it, even with the Vince apologists on here it’s not like Generation Swine did any better.
I was talking about the demand, not liking the record. I like the record too.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

If they add a disc of the demos they did before firing Vince, it may actually sell a few copies.