Lostprophets singer stabbed in prison

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Lostprophets singer stabbed in prison

Post by SeniorGrande »

If you don't remember why this guy is a piece of shit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Watki ... ts_singer)

Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins taken 'hostage for six hours' by 'killers who recently arrived at the prison'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... acked.html

The former Lostprophets singer is believed to be in a critical condition in hospital after he was taken hostage by three fellow inmates for six hours and 'tortured' with a knife.

It is reported the 46-year-old - who visitors say still 'prances around like a star' behind bars - was only freed after a 'Tornado' team of specially-trained riot officers hurled stun grenades into the cell to break up the incident.

Sources claim two of the people who took the depraved former rocker hostage were 'killers', with reports suggesting the attack was planned to take place on a day when there were fewer staff at work in the prison.

Watkins was jailed for 35 years in 2013 for 13 offences against children, including the attempted rape of an 11-month-old baby.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Lostprophets singer stabbed in prison

Post by Mojo »

Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

He is pure human garbage... that the U.K. and their hard working people will pay to have housed for 3-4 more decades.

What a waste of what amounts to millions and millions of dollars...

I recently googled Death Row inmates in the U.S., and found an article from 2023 that said there are 2,331 inmates on Death Row in America.

The annual cost, per inmate is around $90,000.00 per year, to feed and care for these animals.

That amounts to $ 209,790,000.00 U.S. Dollars, annually to house these Death Row inmates.

Over a decade, that is $900,000.00 per inmate, just shy of $1M each!

Multiply that x 2,331, and the U.S. will spend roughly $2B over the next decade for these clowns, Two Billion dollars!

What a waste of money and resources, to let murderers and rapists live.

$tEvil
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:52 am He is pure human garbage... that the U.K. and their hard working people will pay to have housed for 3-4 more decades.

I recently googled Death Row inmates in the U.S., and found an article from 2023 that said there are 2,331 inmates on Death Row in America.

The annual cost, per inmate is around $90,000.00 per year, to feed and care for these animals.

That amounts to $ 209,790,000.00 U.S. Dollars, annually to house these Death Row inmates.

Multiply that x 2,331, and the U.S. will spend roughly $2B over the next decade for these clowns, Two Billion dollars!

$tEvil
How many innocent people should die so you can be a tough-on-crime badass?
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/policy-issues/innocence
The death penalty carries the inherent risk of executing an innocent person. Since 1973, at least 190 people who had been wrongly convicted and sentenced to death in the U.S. have been exonerated.
ImageImage
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:55 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:52 am He is pure human garbage... that the U.K. and their hard working people will pay to have housed for 3-4 more decades.

$tEvil
The death penalty carries the inherent risk of executing an innocent person. Since 1973, at least 190 people who had been wrongly convicted and sentenced to death in the U.S. have been exonerated.

""""""""""""""""How many innocent people should die so you can be a tough-on-crime badass?""""""""""""""""""""

I mean, I am pretty sure you don't end up on Death Row for shop-lifting....

How many do you think are innocent?

And who are you defending?

$tEvil
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

$tEvil
Think of the positive. It created a job for Mojo!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

$tEvil
Uh... that's what the cost is to kill them.

Yay Death Penalty!
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:52 am

$tEvil

""""""""""""""""How many innocent people should die so you can be a tough-on-crime badass?""""""""""""""""""""

$tEvil
Life in prison and death row inmates are found to be innocent all the time, nearly every case is of minorities.
prog
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by prog »

Death is a mercy for these assholes. I’d rather them suffer everyday for the rest of their lives rather than get an easy escape.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

As liberal as I am, I’m generally not a “stop listening to an artist because they’re a shit person” person. I wouldn’t have many left to choose from after awhile.

Lostprophets are the only band I can’t listen to anymore because of the person behind the art being shit. There’s a line somewhere, and this guy crossed it.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Danzig in the Dark

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:52 am

$tEvil

$tEvil
At least 190 of them I know were innocent.
Pull your head out of your ass and read my link and you will know the answer.
ImageImage
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:10 pm Lostprophets are the only band I can’t listen to anymore because of the person behind the art being shit. There’s a line somewhere, and this guy crossed it.
They originally got flak for being "boy band metal" and a punk zine I was reading at the time had some contributers do a big photo of them dressed up LP-style with the caption "ProfitsLost". Little did they know... I feel sorry for the rest of the band, who saw a reasonable career implode overnight and they'll be forever tainted by association.

Never liked them beforehand though.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Better 100 guilty men go free than for 1 innocent to die or something like that blah, blah, blah. It happens. Facts are real. Blockheads will never understand...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

GoodJudge wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:18 am
SterileEyes1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:10 pm Lostprophets are the only band I can’t listen to anymore because of the person behind the art being shit. There’s a line somewhere, and this guy crossed it.
They originally got flak for being "boy band metal" and a punk zine I was reading at the time had some contributers do a big photo of them dressed up LP-style with the caption "ProfitsLost". Little did they know... I feel sorry for the rest of the band, who saw a reasonable career implode overnight and they'll be forever tainted by association.

Never liked them beforehand though.

It’s a good point about the rest of the band.

I’ll never forget my first Lostprophets experience. Second stage Ozzfest 2002, fresh out of high school and possibly my first time smoking weed at a concert, so it was early stoner days where *everything* sounds good. I remember specifically their song “Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja” just destroyed the place. Chevelle were great that day too.

I love the Start Something album that came after. Lost interest from there, then 7 or 8 years later read about the singer. Didn’t even realize they’d retained a big following. Wretched stuff.

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

A good friend of mine was raped and killed about 10 years ago. The psycho that did this had previously been on a Cops episode where he was suicidal and they had to stop him from jumping to his death. They should have just cleared the way so he didn't land on any body. If he had gotten the death penalty he probably would have been fine with it. Instead he got True Life so he's never getting out and I like that better. His skinny white sex offender ass can suffer until he dies on his own or his inmates give him prison justice.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I had never heard this band before so I checked out "Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja" just now.

I don't miss this era of music one bit.

A.J. Soprano-core.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:54 am Better 100 guilty men go free than for 1 innocent to die or something like that blah, blah, blah. It happens. Facts are real. Blockheads will never understand...
maybe u & danzigdork could chip in and give ‘em all a 20
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

DangerZone wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:27 pm
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:54 am Better 100 guilty men go free than for 1 innocent to die or something like that blah, blah, blah. It happens. Facts are real. Blockheads will never understand...
maybe u & danzigdork could chip in and give ‘em all a 20
Haha! Good one blockHEAD...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Danzig in the Dark

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:26 am I had never heard this band before so I checked out "Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja" just now.

I don't miss this era of music one bit.

A.J. Soprano-core.
I would go to to prison just to stab him for this crap.
ImageImage
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:10 pm As liberal as I am, I’m generally not a “stop listening to an artist because they’re a shit person” person. I wouldn’t have many left to choose from after awhile.

Lostprophets are the only band I can’t listen to anymore because of the person behind the art being shit. There’s a line somewhere, and this guy crossed it.
It's hard not to listen to Michael Jackson because his music is so awesome. Having never heard Lostprophets, I don't feel like I'm missing out. I don't know the band but now that I know this shit I'll actively avoid them. Sucks for the other band members that they recorded with this piece of shit.
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

With Jackson there is a very small possibility that he was innocent, although it’s hard to believe , I mean he was never found guilty and who knows if those guys were telling the truth, there was some inconsistencies in their story like referring to a clock at the railway at neverland during a time period it wasn’t there. Something along those lines. Add to the mix the police found nothing when they raided his mansion and searched his computers etc you’d think there would be something. But there’s no doubt he was completely nuts either way.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:15 am With Jackson there is a very small possibility that he was innocent, although it’s hard to believe , I mean he was never found guilty and who knows if those guys were telling the truth, there was some inconsistencies in their story like referring to a clock at the railway at neverland during a time period it wasn’t there. Something along those lines. Add to the mix the police found nothing when they raided his mansion and searched his computers etc you’d think there would be something. But there’s no doubt he was completely nuts either way.
Pretty much every accuser has recanted their story, claimed that their parents put them up to it, or admitted to lying. The only ones who really haven't were the ones who waited until after he died to come forward with their documentary. Even desperately starved for attention Cory Feldman claims nothing was going on. Culkin, too. Jackson couldn't even fuck the woman who gave him his kids. Dude was straight-up sexless. Is having kids in your bedroom weird as fuck? Absolutely. Did he try to fuck them? Absolutely no evidence of it whatsoever.
Image Image
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Mojo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:47 am
Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:15 am With Jackson there is a very small possibility that he was innocent, although it’s hard to believe , I mean he was never found guilty and who knows if those guys were telling the truth, there was some inconsistencies in their story like referring to a clock at the railway at neverland during a time period it wasn’t there. Something along those lines. Add to the mix the police found nothing when they raided his mansion and searched his computers etc you’d think there would be something. But there’s no doubt he was completely nuts either way.
Pretty much every accuser has recanted their story, claimed that their parents put them up to it, or admitted to lying. The only ones who really haven't were the ones who waited until after he died to come forward with their documentary. Even desperately starved for attention Cory Feldman claims nothing was going on. Culkin, too. Jackson couldn't even fuck the woman who gave him his kids. Dude was straight-up sexless. Is having kids in your bedroom weird as fuck? Absolutely. Did he try to fuck them? Absolutely no evidence of it whatsoever.

The book “Conspiracy” by Aphrodite Jones (former Fox News producer) was probably the first legal case I deep-dove with ~15 years ago. I’m not saying MJ didn’t live a disturbing life in his later years, and not even saying with confidence that he never molested children, but that 2003 case? You read that book or just follow the facts count by count and it’s like the last 20 minutes of My Cousin Vinny where the whole case falls apart like a house of cards.

SchenkerFan wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:01 am It's hard not to listen to Michael Jackson because his music is so awesome.
Hear hear!

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:22 am The book “Conspiracy” by Aphrodite Jones (former Fox News producer) was probably the first legal case I deep-dove with ~15 years ago. I’m not saying MJ didn’t live a disturbing life in his later years, and not even saying with confidence that he never molested children, but that 2003 case? You read that book or just follow the facts count by count and it’s like the last 20 minutes of My Cousin Vinny where the whole case falls apart like a house of cards.
I'm not really even a fan. I definitely like some of his songs, but it's definitely not that clouding my judgement. As you say, the facts just don't hold up across any of it. I totally get why people would be so quick to label him a pedo. Dude was an absolute whackjob. But if you actually read into the case(s), there's just not enough there.
Image Image
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

Mojo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:47 am

if Michael Jackson wasn't a child molester, why the hell did he settle a lawsuit accusing him of child sex abuse in 1994? Jackson paid 23 million dollars to the parents of 13-year-old Jordan Chandler...18 million to the family, 5 million to their lawyers. If he was so innocent, why did he pay a shit ton of money to make it all go away? if you are accused of something that heinous, you go scorched earth and fight like hell to clear your name...YOU DO NOT SETTLE! It's like Kobe Bryant paying that woman in Colorado who accused him of raping her in 2003. If it wasn't rape, why did he pay the victim a rumored 2.5 million dollars?
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Mojo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:39 am
SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:22 am The book “Conspiracy” by Aphrodite Jones (former Fox News producer) was probably the first legal case I deep-dove with ~15 years ago. I’m not saying MJ didn’t live a disturbing life in his later years, and not even saying with confidence that he never molested children, but that 2003 case? You read that book or just follow the facts count by count and it’s like the last 20 minutes of My Cousin Vinny where the whole case falls apart like a house of cards.
I'm not really even a fan. I definitely like some of his songs, but it's definitely not that clouding my judgement. As you say, the facts just don't hold up across any of it. I totally get why people would be so quick to label him a pedo. Dude was an absolute whackjob. But if you actually read into the case(s), there's just not enough there.
MJ & this lostprophets guy is nowhere near the same.

MJ is similar to Woody Allen, I’d say.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Goddamn Electric wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:43 pm
if Michael Jackson wasn't a child molester, why the hell did he settle a lawsuit accusing him of child sex abuse in 1994? Jackson paid 23 million dollars to the parents of 13-year-old Jordan Chandler...18 million to the family, 5 million to their lawyers. If he was so innocent, why did he pay a shit ton of money to make it all go away? if you are accused of something that heinous, you go scorched earth and fight like hell to clear your name...YOU DO NOT SETTLE! It's like Kobe Bryant paying that woman in Colorado who accused him of raping her in 2003. If it wasn't rape, why did he pay the victim a rumored 2.5 million dollars?
I couldn’t tell you why Michael Jackson did a lot of the things he did. Not exactly a normal, sane man, was he?

Also, rereading about the case, what an absolute piece of shit Evan Chandler was. His kid was supposedly raped, but he would have been happy to drop the whole thing for a production deal with Jackson? Dude was almost $70,000 behind in child support payments, despite being a successful dentist and screenwriter. He also drugged his son to get him to claim Jackson touched his penis. Dude was an extortionist and a piece of shit.
Why would Jackson settle? Because the court of public opinion was already deadset against him. Whether you fuck them or not, you just straight-up don't have children in your bed. He knew how it looked. His lawyers knew how it looked. The shit wasn't going away, so he paid to make it go away. He had labels and sponsors pressuring him to do so, and the whole thing was fucking with his health so much that he felt like settling it would just make it all go away.
Image Image