Tuff Setlist Last Night

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Tuff Setlist Last Night

Post by MattleyCrue »

Looks like a cool set list.

Setlist.fm says Sinner Street played for first time since 1989.

How do you pick your setlist Stevie?
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Tuff Setlist Last Night

Post by LAglamrocker »

Raine Michaels picks all setlists
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Their repertoire isn't that deep that it'd require much thought
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

In Dogs We Trust
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:29 pm Raine Michaels picks all setlists
Bret should play Raine
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Did they play "Ruck A Pit Bridge"? Please say yes.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Mato
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Mato »

I won tickets to a HELMET show a number of years back. I had stand through 45-50 minutes of songs I did not know. The last song was their MTV hit “unsung”. I would imaging a Tuff show is the same scenario?? Unlike Tuff, Helmet were on Dial MTV for a month or 2…were as Tuff were on Dial MTV, what 3-5 days??
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:27 pm Looks like a cool set list.

""""""""""""""""Setlist.fm says Sinner Street played for first time since 1989. """""""""""""""""""

Not true...

We've actually played it a few shows, but only in the last year or so...

In reality, Rocktember was prolly the 4th or 5th time in the last year... and before that, probably 30+ years since we played it.

"""""""""""""""""How do you pick your setlist Stevie?""""""""""""""""""

First off... depending on how much time... we adjust accordingly.

At Rocktember we got 40 minutes, and went over a minute or two, and they cut our last song... which was "American Hairband". Ugh... not good when that happens, they tried to cut "All New Geneation" too... all of a sudden the monitor audio comes on, "That's it... you're done", I was like "What? We gave 2 more left..." lol. I guess I was babbling... and they let us do 1 more and we did "Generation..."

Some of these bigger events... festivals, often we get 30 minutes... sometimes, 40 or 45. In clubs... usually it's 45 of 60 if we're opening... with Queensryche, they gave us 40 minutes.

As a club headliner, it's usually minimum 60, up to 75... and back in the mid 90's when touring, we'd sometimes do 90 minutes, or about 16-18 songs. That in my eyes, is too much... as most fans start to lose attention... 12-13 is solid, 15 or more is too many... in my eyes... at least for a band like Tuff.

It also depends on the venue, club, bigger place, outdoors, etc... there are all kinds of factors, with start times, how many bands on the bill and ultimately a curfew or close time.

Example at "The Cryatal Grand" theater, in Wis. Dells last night... doors were at 6:pm, openers Mars Hall at 7:00 - 7:40pm, Tuff at 8:00-8:40 and the changeover for Queensryche. But also a big enough stage, that we set up in front of QR and MH then set up in front of us.

We also always play..."Good Guys Wear Black", "I Hate Kissing You Goodbye", "So Many Seasons", "All New Generation" and "American Hairband", those are 5 core songs that most fans want to hear. Then we sprinkle in, a few others from WCAGA like "Ruck-A-Pit Bridge", also VERY popular and almost always in the set, and we do "Spit Like This" as well. Off of "Religious Fix", we often open with "God Bless This Mess", heavy thick song, big gang vocals, great opener, and "In Dogs We Trust" is often in the set, our owe'd to AC/DC if you will, it's a bit raw, quick guitar riff, real "Whole Lotta Rosie" esque.

In the last few years we started rotating in a few of the early era demo tunes off "The Glam Years" like "Summertime Goodbye" and "Sinner Street", both also, usually go over very well...esp "Summertime..."

Just walked in the door from a 23 hour travel day... back to work!

$tEvil

Also... it's a give in... that
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:03 am
MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:27 pm Looks like a cool set list.

""""""""""""""""Setlist.fm says Sinner Street played for first time since 1989. """""""""""""""""""

Not true...

We've actually played it a few shows, but only in the last year or so...

In reality, Rocktember was prolly the 4th or 5th time in the last year... and before that, probably 30+ years since we played it.

"""""""""""""""""How do you pick your setlist Stevie?""""""""""""""""""

First off... depending on how much time... we adjust accordingly.

At Rocktember we got 40 minutes, and went over a minute or two, and they cut our last song... which was "American Hairband". Ugh... not good when that happens, they tried to cut "All New Geneation" too... all of a sudden the monitor audio comes on, "That's it... you're done", I was like "What? We gave 2 more left..." lol. I guess I was babbling... and they let us do 1 more and we did "Generation..."

Some of these bigger events... festivals, often we get 30 minutes... sometimes, 40 or 45. In clubs... usually it's 45 of 60 if we're opening... with Queensryche, they gave us 40 minutes.

As a club headliner, it's usually minimum 60, up to 75... and back in the mid 90's when touring, we'd sometimes do 90 minutes, or about 16-18 songs. That in my eyes, is too much... as most fans start to lose attention... 12-13 is solid, 15 or more is too many... in my eyes... at least for a band like Tuff.

It also depends on the venue, club, bigger place, outdoors, etc... there are all kinds of factors, with start times, how many bands on the bill and ultimately a curfew or close time.

Example at "The Cryatal Grand" theater, in Wis. Dells last night... doors were at 6:pm, openers Mars Hall at 7:00 - 7:40pm, Tuff at 8:00-8:40 and the changeover for Queensryche. But also a big enough stage, that we set up in front of QR and MH then set up in front of us.

We also always play..."Good Guys Wear Black", "I Hate Kissing You Goodbye", "So Many Seasons", "All New Generation" and "American Hairband", those are 5 core songs that most fans want to hear. Then we sprinkle in, a few others from WCAGA like "Ruck-A-Pit Bridge", also VERY popular and almost always in the set, and we do "Spit Like This" as well. Off of "Religious Fix", we often open with "God Bless This Mess", heavy thick song, big gang vocals, great opener, and "In Dogs We Trust" is often in the set, our owe'd to AC/DC if you will, it's a bit raw, quick guitar riff, real "Whole Lotta Rosie" esque.

In the last few years we started rotating in a few of the early era demo tunes off "The Glam Years" like "Summertime Goodbye" and "Sinner Street", both also, usually go over very well...esp "Summertime..."

Just walked in the door from a 23 hour travel day... back to work!

$tEvil

Also... it's a give in... that
WTF no "Where the hell is Neenah"?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:32 pm Did they play "Ruck A Pit Bridge"? Please say yes.
Yes... both nights and for the most part, we play that song almost every show... and it's also almost always the 3rd song!

$tEvil
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:20 am
dmbrocker wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:32 pm Did they play "Ruck A Pit Bridge"? Please say yes.
Yes... both nights and for the most part, we play that song almost every show... and it's also almost always the 3rd song!

$tEvil
Awesome! That’s one of my favorite Tuff songs!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for