New Mick Mars Today - What is Your Plan?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Re: New Mick Mars Today - What is Your Plan?

Post by schlonginski »

All of you Fücktärds here never like anything new from ANY band with ANY members. Be happy that there is still music being released in a genre that you claim to like. Stop fücking complaining and listen to it a few times, or don't and go listen to whatever hip-hop crap is playing on the radio.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:08 am I used to always wonder why everyone didn't make records that sounded like Dire Straits and/or Steely Dan.

I was listening to Brothers in Arms a few months ago. Has to be one of the best-sounding albums in rock history. Incredibly well produced. Even sounds good on Spotify.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

Mister Freeze wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:08 am Here's the thing about production...

We already know how they made Appetite for Destruction, Dr. Feelgood, Slippery When Wet, etc.

The producers and engineers were there. They know what they did. (Even if the musicians were boozed up or drugged out of their minds.)

So why does every rock band, old and new, go into the studio and say give me a sound like Theory of a Deadman, Sixx A.M. and Shinedown?

You'd think somebody... anybody... would order Appetite for Destruction off the menu. Even if the songs suck, you can still get the sound. The producers know how to do it.
Because now that you can record music on your fucking iPhone, everybody thinks they're a producer. It's cheaper to do it yourself in the basement with a computer as opposed to renting out a studio that is made to record music. That's why an album like "Look What The Cat Dragged In," which was made in 2 weeks for crazy cheap, still sounds sonically better than a lot of shit that comes out today. And that record isn't even looked upon as a great sounding record. But it's true. Think of how many classic albums were recorded in a few weeks and sound great. It's 2023, there's no reason that anything coming out today shouldn't sound amazing, yet Van Halen 1 and Back In Black still sonically shit all over new rock albums today.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

FreddyFender wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:10 am Actually, you know what it sounds like?

It sounds like some Nashville modern-rock songwriters put together a song and then Mick came in and put some power chords and a half-assed guitar solo on it.

Which is probably exactly what happened.
This. Nothing against Nashville as a city, but all the rock bands/musicians who move there or record there all start to sound generic and the same. You can hear it. It's all very safe and disposable and written in hopes of having "a hit" but will be forgotten in a week. There's no passion in any of it. It's neutered rock music.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
RicksPickWrangler
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by RicksPickWrangler »

Gave it one listen. I'm not willing to dig through this turd to find any "gold" in it.

Retire in peace Mick.
kc primo
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by kc primo »

Really disappointed in this. I thought he’d come out swinging
with what him and Corabi leaked in 2016. Bunton sucks, song sucks, go home Mick.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

schlonginski wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:27 am All of you Fücktärds here never like anything new from ANY band with ANY members. Be happy that there is still music being released in a genre that you claim to like. Stop fücking complaining and listen to it a few times, or don't and go listen to whatever hip-hop crap is playing on the radio.
There's plenty of great rock music still being released some of it by the 80's bands we talk about here. If you want to jizz yourself over this pile of shit simply because "it's fuckin' Mick Mars, we should be happy he's still making (shitty) music!" then go right ahead. The rest of us will happily forget about this dreck after one or two listens and move on. Nobody cares..
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

schlonginski wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:27 am All of you Fücktärds here never like anything new from ANY band with ANY members. Be happy that there is still music being released in a genre that you claim to like. Stop fücking complaining and listen to it a few times, or don't and go listen to whatever hip-hop crap is playing on the radio.
There's a band called The Rolling Stones that just put out a record that seems to be getting a positive response. The new Winger has gotten good review, the new Extreme, and I've even seen reviews on this board of the new Dokken and some people like that! Just because you're a fan of any band though doesn't automatically mean that it's great. The bar for new music from older bands this year is pretty high and this Mick Mars record doesn't hit it.
Last edited by VinceVanLane on Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

The solo tells me they still needed a single after all these years and Mick says “F it here’s some noise make it a solo”.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Not liking new music? WHAT
Amen from Bon Jovi is 10
It’s only 10 years old
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Sounds like something DJ Ashba would do
Or another Sixx AM failure

Now I’m confused . Ashba played on Crue CDs
Now Mick Mars sounds like Ashba

Singer sounds like dude from the male bitch that Nicole Richie married. Forgot his band name
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Ok I’m better now just listened to Keep Your Eye On The Money ..2x
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

It appears that 95% of the world is normal, and has the same or similar thought... that this is essentially pure garbage.

Which for the record, is what it is. There is literally almost NO redeeming qualities to any of this horrific music track.

Then there is the 5% who should be shoved in front of a bus, thrown off a bridge, or slapped with an open hand to bring some clarity to their brain.

$tEvil
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

LAglamrocker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:31 pm Sounds like something DJ Ashba would do
Or another Sixx AM failure

Now I’m confused . Ashba played on Crue CDs
Now Mick Mars sounds like Ashba
This post reads like an Octavio Paz poem.

Well done, Metal Sludge resident poet LAglamrocker. :lol:
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

I guess I was expecting something like ‘god bless the children of the beast,’ something interesting but eclectic, appealing to a few.

Don’t see a point in this
skinni
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by skinni »

I didn't like the song - it was terrible. I hope his future releases are infinitely better.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I’m sure the rest of the album will have better songs.

Angry was the worst song on the new Stones and that was the first single.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Zabooka

Post by Zabooka »

The song is a lot different from those 2 clips with Corabi he released years ago.

1313 Teaser 1: Mick Mars feat John Corabi - Gimme Blood
VIDEO - https://youtu.be/URx6lzATQuk

1313 Teaser 2: Mick Mars feat John Corabi - Shake the Cage
VIDEO - https://youtu.be/vu2htHVo79c
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Lose the megaphone, add a real solo and I could dig it.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

LAglamrocker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:38 pm Ok I’m better now just listened to Keep Your Eye On The Money ..2x
Great choice!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

So it's Chicken approved, and everyone else loves it. Are we at Sludge the only ones being real, or are we old and cynical?

Tracii ⨁ 🇺🇸🇩🇰
@TraciiGuns
Mick Mars Does Not Need Crüe!!! This song is fucking insane!!! Wow!!!
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

What's the bet Tracii's just bitter about Nikki ditching him for greener pastures...not to mention, refusing to "loan" Tracii hundreds of thousands of dollars to "save Tracii's grandma's house".
nuno_cherone
Playing Frat Parties

Post by nuno_cherone »

Not what I was expecting at all. I thought his tunes would be more of a heavier blues style. As someone said this is like a DJ Ashba song, but without the pinball machine sounding guitar solo. I was also assuming there would be a decent guitar solo but this surely isn’t it. The song, for what it is, is OK I guess. I’m a Motley/Mars nutswinger and I also like Jacob Bunton so I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed, but I’m still looking forward to hearing other songs.
"Nothing's perfect except God and a California sunset."
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

Justin Hawkins reviews the new Mick Mars song. He said the solo isn't long enough. He said Mick said in the press release nobody can do what he does, yet he comes out with a song that sort of sounds like stuff that was happening in the 90s. He said the song didn't do anything for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBvNRDqS9Dw
metalslayer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by metalslayer »

The song I heard was a strange surprise….. I thought he was going to release a chill blues/rock album

It is pretty rocking…… in the vein of a song you would hear for a youth deodorant company trying to shill their garbage onto the trash people that like Motley Crue.

Not for me, but different than I expected, not in a good way, I was looking forward to some crusty old man blues/rock
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

cowpins wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:03 am So it's Chicken approved, and everyone else loves it. Are we at Sludge the only ones being real, or are we old and cynical?

Tracii ⨁ 🇺🇸🇩🇰
@TraciiGuns
"""""""""""""""""""
Tracii ⨁ 🇺🇸🇩🇰
@TraciiGuns
""""""""""""""""""

Ridiculous...

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

RicksPickWrangler wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:14 am Gave it one listen. I'm not willing to dig through this turd to find any "gold" in it.

Retire in peace Mick.
"""""""""""""" I'm not willing to dig through this turd to find any "gold" in it.""""""""""""""""

This!

$tEvil
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I’m in the minority again, I guess. I don’t think it’s that bad. It’s generic and yeah, the solo is strangely truncated, but as far as old dudes playing 90’s rock, it’s fine. I wouldn’t expect much else.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

VinceVanLane wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:40 am Justin Hawkins reviews the new Mick Mars song. He said the solo isn't long enough. He said Mick said in the press release nobody can do what he does, yet he comes out with a song that sort of sounds like stuff that was happening in the 90s. He said the song didn't do anything for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBvNRDqS9Dw
Sounds like Justin isnt worried about not getting invited to support Mick Mars on the road.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

Mister Freeze wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:08 am Here's the thing about production...

We already know how they made Appetite for Destruction, Dr. Feelgood, Slippery When Wet, etc.

The producers and engineers were there. They know what they did. (Even if the musicians were boozed up or drugged out of their minds.)

So why does every rock band, old and new, go into the studio and say give me a sound like Theory of a Deadman, Sixx A.M. and Shinedown?

You'd think somebody... anybody... would order Appetite for Destruction off the menu. Even if the songs suck, you can still get the sound. The producers know how to do it.
This. What are 80s bands aiming for with this modern sound? Are they hoping to bring in new fans? Just give the fans what they want, make a record that sounds like it was made back in the day.

It's not impossible. Van Halen did it. Metallica is sort of doing it (yeah I know, the songs suck).

This just that I was right when I stopped listening to new records by old bands. 9 out of 10 times I ended up disappointed. I'd rather search for hidden gems from long ago or explore other genres.