Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Dennis DeYoung toured with a couple of Tommy Shaw and JY lookalikes.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Re: Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

Post by BernieTaupson »

Pretty sure Adler’s current singer counts.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Richard Fortis (scab GNR) gives off faux Izzy vibes.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:52 pm Richard Fortis (scab GNR) gives off faux Izzy vibes.
Hes not a scab anymore. Hes also better than izzy at this point
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:38 pm Pretty sure Adler’s current singer counts.

first guy i thought of
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:25 pm
Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:52 pm Richard Fortis (scab GNR) gives off faux Izzy vibes.
What songs did he write?

Has he ever written a song?
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

FreddyFender wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:44 pm
What songs did he write?

Has he ever written a song?
Zero writing credits for Fortus in GNR so far.
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:42 am
TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:30 am Unintentional, ian never played the role of jim morrison, he only paid tribute to him in his performances by bringing his lyrics back to life. I saw the doors of the 21st century/riders on the storm about 5 times with ian, they were very special shows. He did a fantastic job

I'm sure live he did whatever Ian Astbury does. Grab the mic, shake the maracas, bang the tambourine. But somebody definitely said, "Let's give him a Jim Morrison haircut." It's not coincidence.
I saw The Cult last year and when he was introducing the band, he gave the keyboard player some good natured shit for looking like Jim Morrison and I couldn't help but laugh.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

The power of Sludge compels you.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Anyone besides Axl, Slash. Duff, Izzy, Adler, Sorum and Clarke is a "scab"........
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

^^^ I'd remove the last two from your list, although Sorum definitely wasn't intimating anybody. He did a fabulous job introducing his own stiff style and grooveless feel into Guns n' Roses.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

WentEast wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:02 am Probably wasn't intentional on his part, but maybe WAS intentional on the part of the band, but Ritchie Faulkner in Priest did look like a young ready to go K.K.
Cheater Owens was an even more obvious attempt to copy Halford. Him and Jayne Andrews even talked about the "Metal God character" at the time.

And that’s what it was. A printer salesman dressed up as the Metal God, recycling Halford's classic lines. The most original thing he came up with was asking the crowd "What's my name".. and then not playing the song of that title.

It was a bit like watching Sammy Hagar dancing in on stage in a glittery coat, doing high kicks, forgetting the effing words and addressing the audience with a "Look at all the people here tonight" after the first song. But of course he never did that. Not even Cherone.
Ziggy Sawdust

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Vedder, Weiland etc copying Layne’s deep vocal delivery whatever you want to call it.

https://youtu.be/AyRDDOpKaLM?si=al13TzeXXNV8AMEI

Rollins- jump to about 3:15.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Ziggy Sawdust

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:24 pm Josh Klinghoffer sure had John Frusciante’s look down when he was in the Chili Peppers.

I kind of hated him but have to say his spell was better than the last current couple of albums with J.F.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Wasn't Tony Martin kind of a low budget Dio in Sabbath? Not super obvious but the similarity was there IMO.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Jeff Gutt (scab Weiland impersonator for STP).
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Charles Bukaki wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:18 am
Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:42 am
TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:30 am Unintentional, ian never played the role of jim morrison, he only paid tribute to him in his performances by bringing his lyrics back to life. I saw the doors of the 21st century/riders on the storm about 5 times with ian, they were very special shows. He did a fantastic job

I'm sure live he did whatever Ian Astbury does. Grab the mic, shake the maracas, bang the tambourine. But somebody definitely said, "Let's give him a Jim Morrison haircut." It's not coincidence.
I saw The Cult last year and when he was introducing the band, he gave the keyboard player some good natured shit for looking like Jim Morrison and I couldn't help but laugh.
Lol cool. Also, they need to ditch the keyboards and have a 2nd guitarist again, the keyboards arent needed in Cult
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
thechefs2003
Forming a Band

Post by thechefs2003 »

I remember seeing Steve Augeri for the first time in Journey and I actually thought for a second it was Steve Perry.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

thechefs2003 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:15 am I remember seeing Steve Augeri for the first time in Journey and I actually thought for a second it was Steve Perry.
If you think Augeri is a dead ringer for Steve Perry, you should see Hugo Valenti.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Wild Obsession wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:23 am
Anyone besides Axl, Slash. Duff, Izzy, Adler, Sorum and Clarke is a "scab"........
Fake news, fortus and ferrer have been in the band almost 20 years, not scabs anymore, not sure bout the male keyboardist, and the female keyboardist about 7 years
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:53 pm
Wild Obsession wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:23 am

Fake news, fortus and ferrer have been in the band almost 20 years, not scabs anymore, not sure bout the male keyboardist
You're kidding, right? Dizzy Reed is credited and pictured on UYI. 1991. 32 years.
jens

Post by jens »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:29 pm Wasn't Tony Martin kind of a low budget Dio in Sabbath? Not super obvious but the similarity was there IMO.
Both ugly dudes, that part is true.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:29 pm Wasn't Tony Martin kind of a low budget Dio in Sabbath? Not super obvious but the similarity was there IMO.
Nah.
Ziggy Sawdust

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I highly doubt it, but I do remember Mick Taylor pretending to be Brian Jones in the Dancing with Mr D video.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
tooth
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tooth »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:37 am
thechefs2003 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:15 am I remember seeing Steve Augeri for the first time in Journey and I actually thought for a second it was Steve Perry.
If you think Augeri is a dead ringer for Steve Perry, you should see Hugo Valenti.
I just saw "Hugo's Journey" for the first time. Although not "exact", he looks & sounds damn near that of Steve Perry. Quality setlist & a great time. My only criticism would be that they played the songs too fast. However, they did go on 45 minute late, so that could have been the reason. "Desolation Angels", a Bad Co. tribute, opened up for them. Their singer did not look like Paul Rogers, but sounded excellent.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

tooth wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:33 am
I just saw "Hugo's Journey" for the first time. Although not "exact", he looks & sounds damn near that of Steve Perry. Quality setlist & a great time. My only criticism would be that they played the songs too fast. However, they did go on 45 minute late, so that could have been the reason. "Desolation Angels", a Bad Co. tribute, opened up for them. Their singer did not look like Paul Rogers, but sounded excellent.
Did Hugo do any Valentine/Open Skyz songs? Would’ve been great if he did, especially “Runnin’ on Luck Again”.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
tooth
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tooth »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:04 am
tooth wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:33 am

Did Hugo do any Valentine/Open Skyz songs? Would’ve been great if he did, especially “Runnin’ on Luck Again”.
No, all Journey songs, except "Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love" which is from the new "Hugo's Voyage" record. Obviously, it sounded like a Journey song.
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Id say Styx replacing one overly gay keyboard player with another. Only thing to add is that they topped the original with Gowan. WAY more gay
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Jeff Coffey doing bass/lead vocals for Chicago ala Peter Cetera-Esque in’16-17. Was it absolute perfect fit for the band.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:27 am
Nah.
Brian Johnson was white just like Bon