BREAKING : DIGITAL KISS 2024

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

mfgtr
Playing at a Friend's Party

BREAKING : DIGITAL KISS 2024

Post by mfgtr »

Here’s the news they’re going to announce :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... story.html
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: BREAKING : DIGITAL KISS 2024

Post by DiamondDog »

And here's the story *not* behind a shitty WP paywall:

https://apnews.com/article/kiss-digital ... 54b2344d0c
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

The avatars already have more personality than Tommy and Eric.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Will the avatars put on a Vegas show?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Who has a bigger dressing room, Kiss or the avatars?
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Zabooka »

KISS - A New Era Begins
VIDEO - https://youtu.be/Yl5PGoy5X6g
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Zabooka wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:29 pm KISS - A New Era Begins
VIDEO - https://youtu.be/Yl5PGoy5X6g
Oh, great! Glad the avatars are of old man Kiss instead of the classic era, and includes Paul screaming about nonsense.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Why would anyone pay to see a virtual-reality Tommy and Eric when Tommy and Eric are a virtual-reality Ace and Peter?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

First of all, if you're going to go virtual, why not make yourself young and look like you did in 1976 as opposed to looking like 70 year olds? Who does that appeal to?

Second, what they showed at the end of the MSG show looked like a cartoon. It was horrible. There was nothing cool or creative about it.

Look, I'm all for technology and being innovators. But if I want to see Kiss, I can log onto YouTube and see the actual band from almost any year I want to see them. Why would I pay to see virtual Kiss when I've seen the real band and can watch them on YouTube or on DVD whenever I want? It's fucking dumb and will never work. They didn't even sell out this last run of shows, so how the fuck are they going to do well virtually? When Abba did something similar, it was because people hadn't seen Abba in like 40 years. And they also made them look like classic Abba! They were young! But anybody who has wanted to see Kiss has basically been able to see Kiss. Their egos can't say goodbye so this is their way of not going away. It's gonna bomb worse than The Elder did.

They are already immortal because their music will live on. Isn't that enough? Fuck, put a fork in it already.

There was nothing more Kiss than ending the last show by trying to sell something.
Maalsa
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Maalsa »

I was hoping for a legit announcement of them playing only non-make-up era songs at select gigs with Asylum in its entirety with Kulick.

J/K... this will so not be interesting other than my 5 year old who thinks Burn Bitch Burn is the greatest song ever recorded. Or, just seeing something with the boys in make-up so he can see some history. Our heroes/zeroes are getting old. WTF are they supposed to do? Not everyone can bow out with grace like Rush.

-Maalsa
"Golf... it's a boring game for boring people"
-George Carlin (1990-something)
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

Cool do I get to hear Paula's voice crack too?
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Zabooka wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:29 pm KISS - A New Era Begins
A new Error begins.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Hilarious - I expect this to go the way of Tongue magazine shortly
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Post by kwf »

Looks terrible
Total Package
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Just proves that KISS are not a band, but four cartoon/comic book-like "personas" that transcend everything. Might as well have cartoon avatars of Bugs Bunny and Batman out there in the KISS facepaint because that's pretty much what KISS has been for a long time now.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Stanleys voice was as queer as a cats fart again last night.
TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by TooOldToCare »

I can't imagine going to a movie theater ONCE to watch what looked like the Psycho Circus video game with older characters. This will be a gigantic homerun with their fanbase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRUBc7r2hQ

That one song is all anyone would need.

A YT comment that sums it up:
@andytaylor4704
1 hour ago
Look at the audience. Bored. Not fascinated. Bored. Watching live music in a bad sounding venue on a big screen tv is one thing and it's amazing people will pay money to experience it. But to ONLY watch TV in a bad sounding venue? As usual, Kiss highly overestimates their role in history and the wow-factor of their shows. Their show is quiet antiquated, seeming out-of-date with what's going on with other shows. Rest on your laurels, guys. You've earned it.
TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by TooOldToCare »

Maybe Ace and his 10K Volts will make Paul look like an imbecile now. :D I know nothing technical about whatever tech is behind this, but why look so shitty? It looks like a Y2K Nickelodeon show. Why not make it look real?
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:44 am Maybe Ace and his 10K Volts will make Paul look like an imbecile now. :D
Ace and Peter were always the hard working ones in KISS. Aces new song is better than anything scab kiss has done.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:19 am
A YT comment that sums it up:
@andytaylor4704
1 hour ago
Look at the audience. Bored. Not fascinated. Bored. Watching live music in a bad sounding venue on a big screen tv is one thing and it's amazing people will pay money to experience it. But to ONLY watch TV in a bad sounding venue? As usual, Kiss highly overestimates their role in history and the wow-factor of their shows. Their show is quiet antiquated, seeming out-of-date with what's going on with other shows. Rest on your laurels, guys. You've earned it.
This is the perfect quote. They're out of touch and delusional.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

This will never go on tour.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Even during their grand finale, these guys are incapable of having a genuine, sentimental moment with the audience.

Same old pre-programmed performance with a commercial break added for the latest licensed KISS product. The avatar show is the 2023 version of the Kiss Koffeehouse in Myrtle Beach and will last half as long.

The ABBA thing works because ABBA hadn't performed together in 40 years and are too old to pull off a reunion today.

Nobody wants to see a computer-generated version of Old Kiss, with queens and scabs who just barely limped to the finish line a few hours ago on their real life tour.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:27 am This will never go on tour.

It's not going on tour. It's not going to Vegas. It won't play the Sphere and it won't play the South Point Showroom.

They can take this on the next Kiss Kruise and that's about it.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Who would win in a fight, KISS or Teenage Ninja Turtles?
Maybe the world will get to find out!
Neato!

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:32 am
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:27 am This will never go on tour.

It's not going on tour. It's not going to Vegas. It won't play the Sphere and it won't play the South Point Showroom.

They can take this on the next Kiss Kruise and that's about it.
Yeah, this isnt a VR experience, all that can be done with it is putting it up on a screen and having people watch it. What's interesting about that?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Its all arrogance and with no humility to the excess flesh on show from their stomachs. I hope I still have the capacity to be appalled after a nother tour of this boredom. The crowd were silent and bored. Empty seats everywhere.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Maalsa wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:57 pm I was hoping for a legit announcement of them playing only non-make-up era songs at select gigs with Asylum in its entirety with Kulick.

J/K... this will so not be interesting other than my 5 year old who thinks Burn Bitch Burn is the greatest song ever recorded. Or, just seeing something with the boys in make-up so he can see some history. Our heroes/zeroes are getting old. WTF are they supposed to do? Not everyone can bow out with grace like Rush.

-Maalsa
You can tell that this is an important post, by the size and color of the font.

And that it was signed at the end.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I like this Kiss
Stupid old fans can’t handle this ..cry cry cry
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

Gene & Paul are over estimating the brand ”KISS”. Of course they have sold everything from condoms to caskets with their logo on through the years and that’s what they should focus on if they don’t have anything musically in their vault they want to sell.
Just keep on licensing the logo.
Who is the main target group for this avatar idea? Men in their 60’s? Do they honestly think people will gather at the local pub for a couple of beers before going to a cinema/venue to see ”avatars”?
This will take off like Vinnie Vincent’s events, to the same people…
nosell
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by nosell »

This at the end will be downgraded to a 1 time streaming event thing, and then will be shown everyday in the background of their mini golf place, Folowwed by their scooby doo cartoon.