Do I tell you I had a chat with Gene Simmons yesterday or do I keep that shit to myself?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Do I tell you I had a chat with Gene Simmons yesterday or do I keep that shit to myself?

Post by Don't Damn Me »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:08 am A huge factor in running into someone famous, musician, actor, etc... is the "location".

I also shared the House Party story on here more than once... good times.

$tEvil
House party with Gene? I don't recall seeing that. Link it or paste it please.
I'm surprised Gene didn't want to produce Tuff
TREVERLAST
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Do I tell you I had a chat with Gene Simmons yesterday or do I keep that shit to myself?

Post by TREVERLAST »

Metal Heart wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:07 am I met Gene once at a bikini bar / music venue in Pasadena about 22 years ago. If my memory serves me well, I think the name of the place was Pleasures. Union was playing and there were maybe 35 people there. Gene walked in and I immediately recognized him. He walked to the bar and ordered a drink. A coke I believe. At the time I had been a hard-core KISS fan since 1976. It was quite a thrill for me to see Gene out in the wild. I knew I needed to approach him politely and in a non-stalker type of way. He was the only one standing at the bar. I walked up to the bar and ordered a drink. I made sure to give him plenty of room. After I ordered my drink, I said something like "Hi Gene, nice to see you here." Gene kept staring straight ahead and mumbled "Yeah don't make a big deal out of it." The bartender looked at me and sort of winced. I paid for my drink and left. My wife later on went up to him and got his autograph on a napkin. He was nicer to her.

He was sort of a prick to me. But I get it. I'm sure he gets sick of getting hounded by fans. I stopped being a KISS fan about 15 years ago.
I was at that show too. I had a camera with me and asked Gene if he'd take a pic with my wife & he "said I'd rather not right now, let's enjoy the band" and he pointed to the stage. No big deal. Didn't think of him as a prick. He really was there watching the band. If memory is correct Gilby Clarke also played that night with Eric Singer.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Gene is probably Aspergers. When he’s not playing the cocky rockstar who must be adored he doesn’t really know how to act.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

TREVERLAST wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:28 pm "said I'd rather not right now, let's enjoy the band" and he pointed to the stage.
Sorry you got snubbed for such an obvious lie.

As if anyone could "enjoy" Union.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:01 pm Gene is probably Aspergers. When he’s not playing the cocky rockstar who must be adored he doesn’t really know how to act.
He acks like a geeky and a bit lost immigrant kid which makes perfect sense when you know the back story. Both Gene and Paul designed their rock star personas as well as Kiss characters while Ace and Peter were more "real" according to Ace's ex Wendy Moore. Maybe that's why G+P handled success and career pressure better - they went to work as rock stars and switched off in their downtime while A+P had nowhere to go if they weren't the Catman and Spaceman.
TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by TooOldToCare »

Love_Industry wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:39 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:01 pm Gene is probably Aspergers. When he’s not playing the cocky rockstar who must be adored he doesn’t really know how to act.
He acks like a geeky and a bit lost immigrant kid which makes perfect sense when you know the back story. Both Gene and Paul designed their rock star personas as well as Kiss characters while Ace and Peter were more "real" according to Ace's ex Wendy Moore. Maybe that's why G+P handled success and career pressure better - they went to work as rock stars and switched off in their downtime while A+P had nowhere to go if they weren't the Catman and Spaceman.
We know all four have their issues, but Gene and Paul seem more intelligent (most of the time) than Ace and Peter. Exceptions notwithstanding, G+P probably have a bit more emotional intelligence. Though I’ve seen G+P in public, I’ve never met either. I did meet Peter back around 1984, chatted quickly, and got an autograph. He was in a good mood that day.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:52 am
Love_Industry wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:39 pm
We know all four have their issues, but Gene and Paul seem more intelligent (most of the time) than Ace and Peter. Exceptions notwithstanding, G+P probably have a bit more emotional intelligence. Though I’ve seen G+P in public, I’ve never met either. I did meet Peter back around 1984, chatted quickly, and got an autograph. He was in a good mood that day.
Shame on you...more intelligent? Don't you know Ace has an IQ of 178 and that's why it was easy for him to learn Pro Tools, but still let Steve Brown do them on his latest album? He just said so the other day :D

On the other hand, I saw photos of Peter at his 78th birthday this week and he now looks better than the other three!
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

aznsquirt wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:57 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:08 am Unless you're Scott Ian... who I have seen endless comments about him, from at the show, to where-ever... and he's always a dick!
It's funny, I've heard countless stories about Scott too, and then it just fucking dawned on me that I have a Scott Ian story that I totally forgot about.

This is at a Mr. Bungle show at Slim's in SF around 1999.

Before the show, I was standing at the bar (opposite the doors), place was pretty full.

I look back and I see the "seas parting" effect. You know you see in a crowd sometimes when someone is pushing their way through a crowd. Except normally you can pick the person out (at least their head). Instead I just kind of see the seas parting like some underwater creature is pushing through the crowd, and its headed right towards me.

I see multiple people doing the "wtf, hey fuck you dick" and look over at whoever just slammed into him thing. This person is definitely not trying to work their way through the crowd in any kind of respectful manner. Then I start to make out this cute blonde chick, kinda tall.

I'm like wtf this blonde chick is just barreling her way through the crowd. Then I realized she was being dragged by someone.

Finally the underwater creature reaches me and I see Scott Ian's bald head pop out of the crowd, chick in tow.

There is not room at the bar for two people at all, and he just straight up shoulders me out of the way and drags the girl up to the bar. To date he's the shortest person who's ever done that to me, for sure.

I recognized him instantly and admittedly was more star-struck than pissed off, so I don't have any kind of tough guy story about it. I sort of just smirked and thought "damn, dude".

The only thing weird about this story is that this chick was definitely tall and blonde, and his wife at the time was definitely not tall and blonde IIRC. And no, I don't think it was Pearl Aday, but I wouldn't have recognized her at the time.
Scott didn't meet Pearl until the aborted Maximum Rock tour in 2000 with Motley and Megadeth, because Pearl was one of Motley's backup singers on that tour. And she's definitely not tall, probably same height as him, maybe an inch taller.

Interesting that Scott was actually at a Mr. Bungle show back in the day, I had assumed he was playing fast and loose with the truth when promoting the band the last few years, but I guess he does go back with Mike Patton a bit.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Anthrax442 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:54 am Scott didn't meet Pearl until the aborted Maximum Rock tour in 2000 with Motley and Megadeth, because Pearl was one of Motley's backup singers on that tour. And she's definitely not tall, probably same height as him, maybe an inch taller.

Interesting that Scott was actually at a Mr. Bungle show back in the day, I had assumed he was playing fast and loose with the truth when promoting the band the last few years, but I guess he does go back with Mike Patton a bit.
Yeah, my fuzzy recollection was her not being Pearl, but I also remember her as blonde, and its almost for sure it was most likely it was his wife at the time. Let's just say I wouldn't want to have my memory hold up in a court of law.

It's funny that I think of her as "tall" only because she seems to tower over him (probably with the help of heels etc) in every photo, and when I saw them together in Vegas once.

But, he is for sure an O.G. Bungle Fan.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:45 am Ace has an IQ of 178
One thing about Ace's claim is that it's based on an IQ test they took in 1977 or so. So if he ever had a genius IQ it's been lost to drugs and drink. G+P scored almost as high and they don't do drugs and Gene doesn't drink either. Paul's drinking doesn't seem to be on the level that would do any damage either.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Love_Industry wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:35 am
El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:45 am Ace has an IQ of 178
One thing about Ace's claim is that it's based on an IQ test they took in 1977 or so. So if he ever had a genius IQ it's been lost to drugs and drink. G+P scored almost as high and they don't do drugs and Gene doesn't drink either. Paul's drinking doesn't seem to be on the level that would do any damage either.
It's all bullshit anyway.
They just did one of those tests in a magazine not a real test. And Dumbo frehley has been boasting about it til as recently as last week.
His actions during his whole life hardly reflect a high intellect.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

That, exactly.
TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by TooOldToCare »

But but … he can shred that pentatonic box like a 10 year old on YouTube.