Was I An A$$hole For Not Giving Wolfgang A Chance?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Re: Was I An A$$hole For Not Giving Wolfgang A Chance?

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:40 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:37 am On a familal note, how did a raging alcoholic/recluse look so jacked?
He’s half Indonesian. They’re spiry. And he was on cocaine.

Wolf is only a quarter Indo, he binges not on cocaine but Domino’s and he got all the Dom Deluise genes from his mom.
Yeah, Indonesian genes, still in his 20's with a high metabolism, cocaine and cigarettes and on top of that running around like a maniac on a stage for 2 hours almost every night.....
Out of all that, Wolf only has the 25% Indonesian genes....
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

maninblack wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:41 am
HueyRamone wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:37 am On a familal note, how did a raging alcoholic/recluse look so jacked?

That looks like steroids.
""""""""""""That looks like steroids."""""""""""

No.

That is genetics... end of story.

Wolfgang got most of his Mom's DNA when it comes to the physical side of things. Obvi.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Earl Skakel wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:46 am
Earl Skakel wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:51 pm I've never understood the hate for the kid, it's not like he had control over who is dad was and although Mammoth isn't my jam musically I saw them in Santa Ana 2 days after the Metallica show where they headlined and it was a very good show and packed. He's not exactly David Lee Roth on the mic but his band is very tight and you can tell they are all friends and it shows as they seem to have fun on stage.

In terms of the bodyshaming, I would love to see what some of you guys look like, as a matter of fact CEO how about make it mandatory that if you shit on someone's body you must show a pic of what you look like too. I would guess some of you guys shitting on the guy for being fat make Fi Fi Larue look like Tom Platz on a full cycle of Dbol and HGH GTFOH

"""""""""""""""""He's not exactly David Lee Roth on the mic""""""""""""""""

He's not?

""""""""""""""""In terms of the bodyshaming, """""""""""""""""""""

I have been hair (balding) shamed for years... nobody defends me.

$tEvil :D
I think your head is perfectly shaped and if I wasn't into pussy so much I'd smash.

"""""""""""""""" if I wasn't into pussy so much I'd smash."""""""""""""""

I feel so violated...

$tEvil
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I listened to his first album on streaming and it didn't click. Sounded like bland Rock.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

you like what you like...as time goes on many don't give new things much of a chance as old age and nostalgia sets in...the first album was ok, nothing really groundbreaking, kinda generic...if one went in expecting van halen, they would rightfully be disappointed...d.m.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:59 pm
The Distance music video was 100% clips of Ed and Van Halen.

He puts Ed in the gatefold.

The first song of his first album is called Mr Ed.

The first time anyone heard his music was done in a sneaky backdoor way when he was on Stern talking about how Ed died.

Even the name of the fucking band is the same as what Van Halen’s first band name was.
the song was written for his dad about living without him. it would make sense to have the subject of the song in the fucking video.
the song was released nov 16. the same day he was on stern. he was on stern to promote the song not just talk about how his dad died in october.
you need to be a hardcore van halen fan to know the reference to mammoth. having that on the marque isn't drawing in van halen fans that don't know who wolfie is, it's just another tribute to his dad.
mr ed:
Wolfgang Van Halen says of this track; Contrary to the title, this lyrically has nothing to do with dad. "It was the demo title because I harmonically tap the intro, and it just kind of stuck around. It’s a tongue-in-cheek, funny title for the song, so even after the lyrics were done I decided to keep it."

you sound like the marjorie taylor green bitch. spin spin spin
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

He's a bit of a portly lad, isnt he?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:58 pm

The first time anyone heard his music was done in a sneaky backdoor way when he was on Stern talking about how Ed died.

Even the name of the fucking band is the same as what Van Halen’s first band name was.
the song was written for his dad about living without him. it would make sense to have the subject of the song in the fucking video.
the song was released nov 16. the same day he was on stern. he was on stern to promote the song not just talk about how his dad died in october.
you need to be a hardcore van halen fan to know the reference to mammoth. having that on the marque isn't drawing in van halen fans that don't know who wolfie is, it's just another tribute to his dad.
mr ed:
Wolfgang Van Halen says of this track; Contrary to the title, this lyrically has nothing to do with dad. "It was the demo title because I harmonically tap the intro, and it just kind of stuck around. It’s a tongue-in-cheek, funny title for the song, so even after the lyrics were done I decided to keep it."

Why am I not shocked, that Kid-Wicked doesn't appear to grasp or see ANY of the obvious that 99.8% of the rest of the planet can see? :shock:

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BDG135 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:11 am I listened to his first album on streaming and it didn't click. Sounded like bland Rock.

"""""""""""""""I listened to his first album on streaming """"""""""""""""""

Sorry to hear...

I would rather be hog-tied face down and blind-folded in the Men's bathroom at RAGE on Santa Monica Blvd at. 2:AM with a sign taped to my back that reads "Please pound raw dog and dump load - No lube needed" then listen to that pile of Obesity Rock.

$tEvil
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

HueyRamone wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:15 pm He's a bit of a portly lad, isnt he?
He's just a tad broad in the beam.

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:24 pm I would rather be hog-tied face down and blind-folded in the Men's bathroom at RAGE on Santa Monica Blvd at. 2:AM with a sign taped to my back that reads "Please pound raw dog and dump load - No lube needed" then listen to that pile of Obesity Rock.

$tEvil

I forgot about RAGE haha, is that place still around?? Pretty crazy driving past that place, always look jam packed. Saw some strange stuff driving down Santa Monica Blvd at 3 am back in the day (come to think of it it was pretty weird even at 3 pm :))

edit: I answered my own question, closed Sept 2020. No chance of getting ass raped at 2am now unfortunately

https://la.eater.com/2020/9/9/21429311/ ... e-covid-19
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:18 pm

mr ed:

Why am I not shocked, that Kid-Wicked doesn't appear to grasp or see ANY of the obvious that 99.8% of the rest of the planet can see? :shock:

$tEvil
so it was that 0.2% that got him two #1 singles? know who didn't have two #1 singles? van halen.
niether did you.
i guess i didn't either.
oh well.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:24 pm
BDG135 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:11 am I listened to his first album on streaming and it didn't click. Sounded like bland Rock.

"""""""""""""""I listened to his first album on streaming """"""""""""""""""

Sorry to hear...

I would rather be hog-tied face down and blind-folded in the Men's bathroom at RAGE on Santa Monica Blvd at. 2:AM with a sign taped to my back that reads "Please pound raw dog and dump load - No lube needed" then listen to that pile of Obesity Rock.

$tEvil
You sound unhinged.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Those are 2 hits on Mainstream Rock charts not Billboard 100
Nelson has #1 hit on Billboard so did GNR not Fatburger Halen
I’m hungry- Jack In Box is open
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Fatburger #1!!! Or not :cry:
Junp #1 Billboard hit

Wolfie #1 Five Guys burger champ#usa
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:58 pm he was on stern to promote the song not just talk about how his dad died in october.
If you think he would have been on Stern at all had his father not recently died you’re clueless. That’s the whole point!
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:28 am
Earl Skakel wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:46 am

"""""""""""""""""He's not exactly David Lee Roth on the mic""""""""""""""""

He's not?

""""""""""""""""In terms of the bodyshaming, """""""""""""""""""""

I have been hair (balding) shamed for years... nobody defends me.

$tEvil :D
I think your head is perfectly shaped and if I wasn't into pussy so much I'd smash.

"""""""""""""""" if I wasn't into pussy so much I'd smash."""""""""""""""

I feel so violated...

$tEvil
I got something you can violate.
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

mr ed:

$tEvil
Thankfully he uses a color that virtually unreadable on a phone anyways :lol:
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:35 pm

mr ed:

$tEvil
so it was that 0.2% that got him two #1 singles? know who didn't have two #1 singles? van halen.
niether did you.
i guess i didn't either.
oh well.
Number 1 on the Billboard "Mainstream Rock" chart? The same chart where VH had 11 number ones in the '80s & '90s?
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

Gibsonite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:39 pm

$tEvil
niether did you.
i guess i didn't either.
oh well.
Number 1 on the Billboard "Mainstream Rock" chart? The same chart where VH had 11 number ones in the '80s & '90s?
I count 13 #1 singles on the Mainstream Rock chart... and five more at #2.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Halen ... hy#Singles

Wolfie has a long way to go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth_WVH#Singles
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Nate S Axel wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:44 pm
niether did you.
i guess i didn't either.
oh well.

Well I guess they really didn't have two number one singles then, huh? :lol:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

niether did you.
i guess i didn't either.
oh well.

you're right. i must have heard it wrong from kieth roth on sirius. bad info. my bad.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

tommybonham
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by tommybonham »

I got no side in this debate, except for this.....

He's NOT a FUCKING KID!!!!

Dude is 32 years old. 32 years of age is a MAN. An ADULT!

How many of you on here who are similarly aged would refer to yourself (or similar-aged friends) as a KID! To quote Scott Ian, 'NOT'!

On another note, regardless of what Stevil thinks of WVH, I find it comedic gold... and just take it for that. Don't get your spandex in a bunch boys and girls!

Stevil, you should partner up with Steel Panther. Smashin' Asian hookers all over the place!
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

tommybonham wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 pm
How many of you on here who are similarly aged would refer to yourself (or similar-aged friends) as a KID!

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

The answer is clearly ... NO, I was not!

Bravo Dave!

I will be the first one to say Roth is nuts, and he's been annoying and then-some for a few decades, at least for me sadly!

But... make no mistake, in any and every interview I have ever done, regardless whether it was 1988, 2001 or 2023, I have ALWAYS championed David Lee Roth.

In addition to Roth, I have said the same about Vince Neil and Stephen Pearcy, as those guys, are my BIG 3.

They gave me the kick in my shorts to do what I set out to do, to chase that rock singer road... and I have followed through to the best of my abilities for 40 years to the very date (come March 8th of this year / 1984-2024).

Also... let me state, I have said almost from the start, from Day 1... that this Wolfgang guy is a silver-spoon fed spoiled brat, who was handed everything from birth, right up until last night... and all day today the same.

Nothing was earned... not a F#@king thing... other than his ability to play his instruments... kudos and respect for that... but this is not about skill or ability, but rather the person and their output!

Have you ever read or followed his Twitter?

He's an absolute prick to countless people... the mere mention or request of him playing a Van Halen song has lead him to eviscerate people with anger and hate. #fact
Then he goes on a tirade about how he carved his own path.

Really?

A path that was and still is paved with gold and the keys to every door in the entire industry... #morefacts

To all of those who have stood up and boasted about his "talent" and the rest, bitch please!

This guy wouldn't get a second look if that last name was anything other than what is listed on his license.

And this is not a dig at his lack of ability to control himself in the kitchen or drive-thru... nope... I have plenty of Fat, or shall we say over-weight friends... and some skinny ones too.

Fat too harsh for you?

It's 2024... get a helmet and embrace it... it's a fact, not an insult.

Bald can be deemed the same, but I am not offended... so move on.

Anyway, this is about the person, the human, the entitled miserable self-loathing (Fat) guy who has lashed out at anyone who doesn't fit into his narrative.

Yeah, Wolfgang took a swipe at Metal Sludge too... way back, when I was doing nothing more than reporting on all of the "hype" surrounding his debut and subsequent (VH) rumors, etc...

And No... there was not a single dig, or a dis anywhere in those original articles... just facts.

With that... what Roth is talking about here (go read it, or find the video and listen) happened nearly a decade ago,... one can only imagine what happens behind closed doors today, or that is not seen, not heard, or not known by all the adoring Van Halen fanboys who are still grasping for a connection to the chosen one's only offspring.

I love Van Halen, and have all the respect in the world for their history, the players, the music and this includes the Van Hagar years... (along with all of the years of hard work, those guys put in to achieve those dreams) but Eddie's kid is a huge (pun intended) Cu#t, and I won't ever change my stance.

I also know, that I do not stand alone in my view... as I have had countless industry types, including players with name value express similar disdain for him... but of course, none of them would dare go public with any comment that would hinder their future, or their position going forward... all good... to each his own.

I said it before, and stand by it... and what Roth has unloaded here, is just more evidence of exactly that!

Bravo Dave... this is spot the F#@k on!

$tEvil
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

tommybonham wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 pm I got no side in this debate, except for this.....

He's NOT a FUCKING KID!!!!

Dude is 32 years old. 32 years of age is a MAN. An ADULT!

How many of you on here who are similarly aged would refer to yourself (or similar-aged friends) as a KID! To quote Scott Ian, 'NOT'!

On another note, regardless of what Stevil thinks of WVH, I find it comedic gold... and just take it for that. Don't get your spandex in a bunch boys and girls!

Stevil, you should partner up with Steel Panther. Smashin' Asian hookers all over the place!

That's what you got out of the rant???
He might be 32, but his brain is about the same as a 12 year old.
Calling a grown adult a F*ckin Kid....is an insult...not a mistake.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

killdrum wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:54 pm -We never would have gotten anymore VH tours without him. He brought his dad back to life.
-You cannot deny the guys talent. He's well rounded(zing!) on every instrument. He's put in the work.
-Mammoth was the original name of VH for those not aware(most of us are). Unfortunate it's descriptive.
Unfortunate? I was sure it was intentional and slightly funny.
If he didn't want to refer to his weight, he could have called the band Daddy Longlegs.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

VH fanbois think Dave is on-point and a comedic genius when he rips on Sammy, he goes off on Mukbang and all of a sudden he's a mentally-ill old fruitcake. I love social media :lol: