Eagles Have Been Lipsyncing For Years

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Eagles Have Been Lipsyncing For Years

Post by SterileEyes1 »

I don’t believe I’ve seen anyone mention this at Sludge?

https://youtu.be/jJ6DbH-X-L0?si=ADeKubDYynuZxqhb

https://youtu.be/7h9nn40ktpA?si=Z4gJcEncfQCXCv_0

Saw them (for the first time, finally) in 2022 and then one more time last March. I knew they at minimum had a ton of autotune going on and just sort of figured “Fuck it, they’re 75, let them have a bumper bowling victory lap” but even I wasn’t cynical enough to consider that they were straight up miming the whole thing.

Milli Vanilli, ok. Hell, any dance pop artist, ok. Kiss? Not cool but at least there’s blood and shit blowing up and stuff. The fucking Eagles? Nah man. That’s fucked up. I went down the the rabbit hole with this and it turns out this has been SOP for several years now, possibly as far back as 2018.

And of course, just like Kiss, they’ve got some brainwashed hardcore fans convinced that either it isn’t true or it’s not a big deal that the fucking Eagles aren’t really singing.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Eagles Have Been Lipsyncing For Years

Post by BernieTaupson »

Yeah someone posted it a week ago with a silly subject line so most people missed it.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Well, 2 of their members are already gone.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

F them. Live shows should be live, warts and all. If they cant do it anymore,close up shop.
The power of Sludge compels you.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

I thought the point of bringing in Vince Gill was the fact that he could still sing, but wouldn't surprise me if Don Henley and Timothy B. Schmit couldn't get it done anymore.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

Black Stuff wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:03 am F them. Live shows should be live, warts and all. If they cant do it anymore,close up shop.
this all day long....be real or be gone.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

The second video says Gill and Frey’s son are singing live, Walsh is singing 90% live except for some high notes … but apparently Henley is lip syncing everything.

Idk … last time I saw Henley without the Eagles he could still sing as good as he ever could.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

I was surprised to see this.... but I guess henley has really lost his voice and gone the Roger Waters route.

embarrassing .... he has more money than God, so why bother doing this if you no longer can? ( i know, rhetorical question)
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

I love the technical analysis here, this guy is awesome. I'd like to see 10 performances overlaid and results from some kind of statistical SW that gives a matching % between the takes (this may not exist), and if the match is higher then let's say 95% then you know it's 100% horseshiite.
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Henley is a piece of shit. Check this out:

https://www.billboard.com/business/lega ... 235624765/

Tried to have three guys thrown in prison by claiming they stole the original lyric sheet to Hotel California.

They didn't - he'd given a bunch of lyrics sheets to someone writing a book about the Eagles. He'd bought some of them back, but I guess he didn't want to pay anymore.

Then he hid evidence that he knew they weren't stolen the whole time. Judge tossed the case when he found out.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

that Felder vid someone posted yesterday is embarrassing.

I don’t understand why anyone would even sit in the crowd for free.

The Ace stuff doesn’t sound good but at least it’s real.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

FreddyFender wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:34 am Henley is a piece of shit. Check this out:

https://www.billboard.com/business/lega ... 235624765/

Tried to have three guys thrown in prison by claiming they stole the original lyric sheet to Hotel California.

They didn't - he'd given a bunch of lyrics sheets to someone writing a book about the Eagles. He'd bought some of them back, but I guess he didn't want to pay anymore.

Then he hid evidence that he knew they weren't stolen the whole time. Judge tossed the case when he found out.
Henley being an asshole is fifty year old news. Frey was just as bad. I don't think a whole lot of tears were shared when he died.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by LitaStrauss »

It's more embarrassing that somebody took that much time out of their day to analyze if Don Henley was really singing on not. Who gives a shit? These people are acting like they're solving the JFK assassination.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

LitaStrauss wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 am It's more embarrassing that somebody took that much time out of their day to analyze if Don Henley was really singing on not. Who gives a shit? These people are acting like they're solving the JFK assassination.
We should stick to important matters, like Gene Simmons' wig.
ImageImage