Motley Crue "Dogs Of War" full song

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Motley Crue "Dogs Of War" full song

Post by Sleek »

Terrible song and all...I am so tired of this shit where "bands" make music and videos without ever stepping into the same room at the same time with each other.

This is more a product of the music producer and video editor/animator. There is no Motley Crue here.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

sirthx2 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 am Maybe.......just maybe.......this will be the Tattoo released as a single before we got A Different Kind of Truth. And if you hit back and say 'A Different Kind of Truth sucked too', save it because that record is awesome!

That said, I doubt this will resemble that scenario.
It doesn’t suck. It’s fucking awful!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

p86 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 am Nikki just refuses to give us the classic Crue sound. Anything from 81-91 would be great, but he just won’t do it…
They tried to go back to the old sound with New Tattoo and that sucked too. Some of those riffs even were from the Dr. Feelgood era.

I'm not sure what people were expecting with the lyrics. This is the same band that wrote "She Goes Down."

Little Miss Muffet
Sweet girl's school stuff and
A country smile and charm
Out in the back of my '58 Chevy
She said she'd do me no harm
You know she makes me feel good
Just like a bad girl should

She goes down
She goes down
She goes down, down down down
All night long
She goes down

Sassy little lassie
Walking right past me
Down in Tennessee
Always a lady
I love Southern ladies
They just know how to please
It's like connecting the dots
Start at the bottom, lick it to the top

She goes down
She goes down
All night long
She goes down
She goes down, Down down down

And that's from a record that went 6 times platinum. Nobody has ever mistaken Nikki Sixx's lyrics for Tom Petty, Billy Joel, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, or whoever else is supposed to have great lyrics.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

VinceVanLane wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm
p86 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 am Nikki just refuses to give us the classic Crue sound. Anything from 81-91 would be great, but he just won’t do it…
They tried to go back to the old sound with New Tattoo and that sucked too. Some of those riffs even were from the Dr. Feelgood era.

I'm not sure what people were expecting with the lyrics. This is the same band that wrote "She Goes Down."

Little Miss Muffet
Sweet girl's school stuff and
A country smile and charm
Out in the back of my '58 Chevy
She said she'd do me no harm
You know she makes me feel good
Just like a bad girl should

She goes down
She goes down
All night long
She goes down

Sassy little lassie
Walking right past me
Down in Tennessee
Always a lady
I love Southern ladies
They just know how to please
It's like connecting the dots
Start at the bottom, lick it to the top

She goes down
She goes down
All night long
She goes down
She goes down, Down down down

And that's from a record that went 6 times platinum. Nobody has ever mistaken Nikki Sixx's lyrics for Tom Petty, Billy Joel, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, or whoever else is supposed to have great lyrics.
I thought his Shout lyrics were very good, but that shit above is cringe, even for 89.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Sleek wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 pm Terrible song and all...I am so tired of this shit where "bands" make music and videos without ever stepping into the same room at the same time with each other.

This is more a product of the music producer and video editor/animator. There is no Motley Crue here.
This has been happening for decades, but today's technology makes it so simple. As a dumb kid, it never dawned on me that Michael Jackson wasn't in the studio with his brothers recording the Victory album. Now it's pretty obvious for some groups and in particular, collaborations. During the pandemic, bands were live-streaming entire "shows" from their respective homes. It does suck that going into the studio to write and record is not much of a thing anymore and has solidified bands as a business rather than a group of like-minded "artists."
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Anthrax442 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 am
keyofgee wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 am TMD is reporting its all AI..

https://themetalden.com/?p=101770&fbcli ... K6FOglHdzT
That website is straight garbage. Total tabloid shit. I would take anything from there with a giant grain of salt.
It does sound pretty ridiculous, especially the "they just told Vince he could record his vocals over Zoom" thing, hahaha.
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

So that's Scott Stapp on vocals and Bob Rock on bass? Sure, why not??
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
The Prez

Post by The Prez »

People have also pointed the main riff is pretty much identical to the one in "Saints And Sinners" by Godsmack..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROm6mbSoW0o
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

The Prez wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm People have also pointed the main riff is pretty much identical to the one in "Saints And Sinners" by Godsmack..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROm6mbSoW0o
It's also Creed - Young Grow Old.

To be fair, that might be one of the simplest, most obvious riffs ever written. I'm sure it's been used 1000 times. It's hilarious given their "out of date attempt at sounding current" vibe that the two bands being pointed out are Godsmack and Creed.
WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

This could be using a lot of AI. I've heard a few examples of AI-composed and created songs on an audio forum lately and they're impossible to tell apart from a regular recording. Right now it's simple, rudimentary stuff that can be created by AI. This song is definitely simple and formulaic enough that it have been heavily reliant on AI. The sonics on it are garbage. Ultra-loud DR4 mastering. The vocals are incredibly basic. Drums sound fake as hell. At least it's not as horrible as Mick's album. Sounds nothing like Motley though, this band is basically a giant joke these days. It's like they stopped taking pride in anything after MC94.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

If you didn't know this was Motley Crue, you could probably take it for what it is. But after everything you come to expect from the Crue, this is the best they can come up with for a return single? I'll pass. "All Bad Things" was the last tolerable thing from them, IMO.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Crue should have covered Hammerfall “bloodbound “
and made same video

but nope John 5 has all the power now
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
skinni

Post by skinni »

i don't like this song
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

WOLF wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 am
rubysdad wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 pm Sounds like Ghost.
Sounds nothing like Ghost. Sounds like Rob Zombie, meets Sum 41, meets Sixx AM. A bunch of 60 year old men trying to sound current. It’s sad.
I didn’t make it to the chorus but I’ll stand by what I posted.
It could also sound like those bands you mentioned, but I didn’t hear Dragula in there.
Sum 41 are the pop punk twins I believe, I think I’d know one of there songs if I heard it, but can’t think of the name.
I’ve never listened to Sixx AM.

When I listen to Ghost, I can hear Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Bon Jovi, Dio and others who influenced them, that’s the sound and feel I get from this new song.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

DangerZone wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 pm I made it about a minute
That might be longer than I was willing to put up with.

Terrible.

F.

It makes “Saints of Los Angeles” sound like “Too Young to Fall In Love.”
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

The thing people seem to be missing about "Using AI" it's that it's not necessarily just about "having AI make a song" or not. AI can be used for various parts of the process. You could have AI spit out a basic chord progression and riff and just use that as a template to record a song from scratch, you could use to write an extra verse of lyrics etc etc. It doesn't just have to be "Generate a song from scratch" or nothing.
rubysdad wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:47 pm
WOLF wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 am
rubysdad wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 pm Sounds like Ghost.
Sounds nothing like Ghost. Sounds like Rob Zombie, meets Sum 41, meets Sixx AM. A bunch of 60 year old men trying to sound current. It’s sad.
I didn’t make it to the chorus but I’ll stand by what I posted.
It could also sound like those bands you mentioned, but I didn’t hear Dragula in there.
Sum 41 are the pop punk twins I believe, I think I’d know one of there songs if I heard it, but can’t think of the name.
I’ve never listened to Sixx AM.

When I listen to Ghost, I can hear Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Bon Jovi, Dio and others who influenced them, that’s the sound and feel I get from this new song.
There's pretty much nothing about that song that sounds like Sum 41 to me, but I get the idea.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

When Nikki said this was going to be “old school vs new school” I knew we were in trouble, because rocks been dead at least 15 years now.

And of course “new school” to him turned out to be the same dogshit Papa a roach wannabe stuff he’s been doing since the early 2000s.

Crue has the same problem Ozzy does… won’t ever accept they’ve aged passed trying to compete with 19 year olds.

Go listen to some Sweet records and remember why you did this in the first place.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

LitaStrauss wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 pm I guess my biggest surprise is the production. With Bob Rock producing it, I figured it was gonna sound like real studio sounding song.

It's crazy how the guy behind the '94 Crue drum sound came up with the same, thin, sterile, processed drums on this new "song."

The devolution of music production over time continues to astound me. This music collage they call a song is a jumbled mess with everything buried upon itself. It's not easy or enjoyable to listen to.

I mean, I don't have any trouble hearing every instrument clearly in "Careless Whisper" (or "Dr. Feelgood" for that matter). So why not this? We've had 35+ years to figure it out.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 am
I mean, I don't have any trouble hearing every instrument clearly in "Careless Whisper" (or "Dr. Feelgood" for that matter). So why not this? We've had 35+ years to figure it out.
[/size]
Maybe it’s because of 35 plus years of listening to loud music in headphones daily.
The Prez

Post by The Prez »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 am
It's crazy how the guy behind the '94 Crue drum sound came up with the same, thin, sterile, processed drums on this new "song."

I'm guessing he goes with what the band wants at this point...kinda like when Metallica wanted that shitty drum sound on St.Anger.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

It’s growing on me.
VincentVanWinger
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by VincentVanWinger »

The problem isn't Crue. With 8 billion people you only need a tiny percentage to be into something for it to have success. It's the idiot NPCs that think this is good that gives Nikki the justification to make millions while being a lazy asshole.

It's like those lazy youtubers who have a team of 3 people cranking out lame videos with AI shit while making 5k a month in ad revenue. Why not if the idiots eat it up.

Motley has a team that does 90% of the work. The live show is all canned. They just have to show up and mime for 90 minutes to songs they know in their sleep. It's a brilliant business plan.
If you had access to the gear, the sound files, the archival material, AI and something like re-speecher you could probably make an entire Crue album and the band could be 500 miles away and not have a thing to do with it....all while printing money.

CRUE are amazing. They are ahead of the curve. Just think. With this tech and no integrity we will be able to get Dr Feelgood II 10 years after Nikki Tommy and Vince are dead. And it will be better than anything the actual people could have come up with.

These bands might actually go on forever. Heck we see they don't even need to visit a set to make a video now. A dude and his Mac can make you any music video you want.

With all this plus avatars, you could get new music, videos and concerts of Motley from the 1980s while the actual band is in their 80s sitting in a nursing home.
Domino
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Domino »

pure crap!
that bitch bends over and i forget my name
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm
VinceVanLane wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm

I thought his Shout lyrics were very good, but that shit above is cringe, even for 89.
Feelgood is where Sixx's lyrics took a nosedive. No, he was never Dylan or Springsteen but way above say Ratt, Dokken, Poison or Leppard.
Even a stupid song like Sumthin for Nuthin or Bad Boy Boogie showed he had a way with words.
Then on Feelgood he comes up with literal, cliched drivel like SGD, Time for Change or Rattlesnake Shake.
That's more like stuff Saxon would write if they were able to get laid...
Domino

Post by Domino »

although radio seems to dig this crappy song (#1 most added at rock radio) for me sounds like an outtake from Generation Swine and it's funny that right yesterday Vince had something to say about that album. VINCE NEIL Says He Hates MÖTLEY CRÜE's 'Generation Swine' Album: There Are 'No Good Songs On It'! I wonder what he thing about this new single!
Domino

Post by Domino »

i think this crappy song is scoring a record on youtube for negative comments. I've never seen so many bad comments on a song like on this one. 99% of the comments are really really bad!
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

i finally got around to listening to it...it sounds, somehow, synthetic...i can' put my finger on it, whether it's the mix, the choice of sounds/tones, or what but it doesn't sound natural...d.m.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

diablomozart wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:18 am i finally got around to listening to it...it sounds, somehow, synthetic...i can' put my finger on it, whether it's the mix, the choice of sounds/tones, or what but it doesn't sound natural...d.m.
The video is actually perfect for the song. It's kinda interesting, but in your mind, you're wondering if the band had anything to do with it, or if it was all made by robots, since the band is no longer capable of doing... anything, really.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

It's a riff only Wes Borland could be proud of...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

This song is so bad it gave me diarrhea.
Last edited by Charles Bukaki on Fri May 03, 2024 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.