The most valuable vinyl you own

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

The most valuable vinyl you own

Post by pieceofme »

Original Black Sabbath Paranoid LP signed by all 4 members on the inlay. Once Ozzy dies, price will probably jump considerably!
Last edited by pieceofme on Thu May 09, 2024 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Your most valuable vinyl you own

Post by eddie lee roth »

I have the first Rolling Stones album but nothing in my collection is signed by anybody so I don’t know how valuable that would be.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Hundreds of well used hair metal albums. Maybe a few worth something . Have a sealed Buck Dharma Flat out

I do have an original pressing of Pipers Can't Wait. Used to be valuable, but have no idea now
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

I only have a few vinyls but one is an original 12" WASP "Animal (Fuck Like a Beast)" single. Could be worth something. *shrug*
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Indy_Rob wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:16 pm I only have a few vinyls but one is an original 12" WASP "Animal (Fuck Like a Beast)" single. Could be worth something. *shrug*
Ive got that one as well. Red vinyl.
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Re: The most valuable vinyl you own

Post by KISStian »

I haven't priced anything out in a while. Life Of Agony's Ugly is rare. So is Anthrax's Stomp 442 but demand is the key. It may be one of the pressings of Thonic Boom.
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

A lot of rare/fairly sought after stuff. Havent done a full value dive in awhile. But a snippet off the top of my head...

Original pressings of:
All Beatles albums (thanks Mom)
Some Stones/Who/Purple/Zep
Too Fast for Love (Leathur)
Shout at the Devil
Kill Em All (with the quote)
Ultimate Sin
Black Sabbath S/T
VVI (both albums)
Misfits Beware EP 7"
Misfits Evil Is As Evil Does 7" bootleg (at one point this was pretty highly regarded, idk how it is now)

Lots of orig Maiden, Lep, Diamond Head, SAXON, Tygers of Pan Tang and other NWOBHM stuff including some rare 7"

Lots of classic country originals I hunted down: Willie, Waylon, George Jones, Emmylou, Hank, Faron, Lefty...all the legends.

Some white labeled radio promo EPs from Armored Saint and UFO...unofficial releases but still cool

Shitload of others that might be worth a couple bucks, who knows. I take my vinyl moderately seriously, boyos.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

KISStian wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:52 pm I haven't priced anything out in a while. Life Of Agony's Ugly is rare. So is Anthrax's Stomp 442 but demand is the key. It may be one of the pressings of Thonic Boom.
To be clear, if all you want is a copy of Stomp 442 on Vinyl, it's not expensive since Megaforce reissued it 3 years ago. But yeah, that original German pressing from 1995 is pricey.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

My dad has a ton of original pressings from the 60s and 70s but the most valuable I own would be the original AFD that’s sealed. Got it at the local record shop for $30 when I was 13. I think it hovers in value around $500 these days. Surprised it isn’t worth more.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Blink (pre-182) short bus 7”
Bunch of early misfits stuff
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

daveg wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:44 pm
Indy_Rob wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:16 pm I only have a few vinyls but one is an original 12" WASP "Animal (Fuck Like a Beast)" single. Could be worth something. *shrug*
Ive got that one as well. Red vinyl.
Mine's not that cool. I just have the black one.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

I don’t know that I have anything valuable. I have the Def Leppard First Strike album On vinyl and cassette
It’s not necessarily super rare but then again you don’t see it every day.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

All my good stuff was stolen by terror gypsies, they moved in, took my stuff, and kicked me out. :twisted:
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

On LP, the first two Boss Hog albums and the picture discs of Seventh Son (with banner), Master of Puppets and Leprosy can get reasonable coin but (here's one for Ham Stroker) I was shocked to find my Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos gatefold with a comic insert is worth +£100. I guess the Warhammer connection is driving that price, rather than the band.

On 7" I have The Go Team - Scratch It Out, featuring Kurt Cobain, but there are 4 versions and I haven't yet bothered checking if I have the £40 one or the +£100. But top of the tree is a compilation 7" with two tracks from Beck under a pseudonym, which goes for £250.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Going strictly by Discogs median price, that would be a Judas Priest self-titled box from 1985, signed by 4 members in 1988 (no Glenn) and including sunburst label copies of Killing Machine, Stained Class and British Steel, a unique pressing of the Take These Chains single, a band photo and a sticker.

For a single disc, the most expensive I have is the Van Halen "Looney Tunes" red vinyl promo EP from 1978. Bought it for a very reasonable price only 10-12 years ago.

What surprised me is that LA Guns "Hollywood Vampires" with 3-d cover makes my top three. It averages just over $100 and my copy is signed by the entire band from that time as they had a signing event in a nearby record store when they opened for Skid Row. (R

My most expensive 7" is Maiden's The Trooper shaped picture disc, signed by all except Bruce. Honorable mention to the second most expensive, a random Spanish Accept single (Restless and Wild) that I bought when on vacation in Las Palmas in the 80s. Remember buying Roth's Spanish album Sonrisa Salvaje at the same store and thinking that it would be the rare one.
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by KISStian »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:56 pm
KISStian wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:52 pm I haven't priced anything out in a while. Life Of Agony's Ugly is rare. So is Anthrax's Stomp 442 but demand is the key. It may be one of the pressings of Thonic Boom.
To be clear, if all you want is a copy of Stomp 442 on Vinyl, it's not expensive since Megaforce reissued it 3 years ago. But yeah, that original German pressing from 1995 is pricey.
I'm not counting that crappy re-issue. :lol:
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

I had the 2014 Beatles Mono Vinyl box but sold it recently for a decent amount of money.
I have a handful that are going for triple digits according to Discogs last sold amounts. The first Crosses (Chino of Deftones) album, and an original pressing of Manson's Mechanical Animals are probably my most valuable as of now.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 pm On LP, the first two Boss Hog albums and the picture discs of Seventh Son (with banner), Master of Puppets and Leprosy can get reasonable coin but (here's one for Ham Stroker) I was shocked to find my Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos gatefold with a comic insert is worth +£100. I guess the Warhammer connection is driving that price, rather than the band.

On 7" I have The Go Team - Scratch It Out, featuring Kurt Cobain, but there are 4 versions and I haven't yet bothered checking if I have the £40 one or the +£100. But top of the tree is a compilation 7" with two tracks from Beck under a pseudonym, which goes for £250.
I just checked Pantera's Power Metal that I bought for about £5 in the early 1990s. Median discogs price £194 :D
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

I have the gold colored 45 of We're an american band. I'll part with it for a snow chain for my onewheel
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

A legit Mötley '94 on vinyl, probably.
sirthx2
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by sirthx2 »

I'll give you my top 10 valued from Discogs, and I'll post the high price here, meaning this is an actual price somebody out there recently paid. I'm good with the ballpark of the high as opposed to Medium because I only really hang onto 'minty' records.

Eagles - Hotel California DCC - $999
GnR Appetite ORG pressing - $699
Stones - Sticky Fingers (with zipper) - $499
Motley - Too Fast org press - $350
N.R.G. - No Reason Given (Kevin Gilbert) - $330
Floyd - Dark Side - $295
Beatles - Let it Be Naked - $268
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - 45rpm Steve Hoffman - $264
Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time (boobies) - $250

There's about 30 more in the $200 - $250 range & not a flex by any stretch. Just love the LPs and this is the way things are in vinyl world right now
Last edited by sirthx2 on Fri May 10, 2024 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Demon Kogure
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Demon Kogure »

Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

sirthx2 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 am I'll give you my top 10 valued from Discogs, and I'll post the high price here, meaning this is an actual price somebody out there recently paid. I'm good with the ballpark of the high as opposed to Medium because I only really hang onto 'minty' records.

Eagles - Hotel California DCC - $999
GnR Appetite ORG pressing - $699
Stones - Sticky Fingers (with zipper) - $499
Motley - Too Fast org press - $350
N.R.G. - No Reason Given (Kevin Gilbert) - $330
Floyd - Dark Side - $295
Beatles - Let it Be Naked - $268
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - 45rpm Steve Hoffman - $264
Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time (boobies) - $250

There's about 30 more in the $200 - $250 range & not a flex by any stretch. Just love the LPs and this is the way things are in vinyl world right now
Dark Side sold a BAJILLION copies. What's so special about that pressing?
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
TravisBicklesMohawk

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

An Elvis Moody Blue album signed by Elvis.

Was my aunt's. She was a huge fan and managed to score his autograph during a Vegas show.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
sirthx2
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by sirthx2 »

Anthrax442 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:26 am
sirthx2 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 am I'll give you my top 10 valued from Discogs, and I'll post the high price here, meaning this is an actual price somebody out there recently paid. I'm good with the ballpark of the high as opposed to Medium because I only really hang onto 'minty' records.

Floyd - Dark Side - $295
Dark Side sold a BAJILLION copies. What's so special about that pressing?
Yeah, it's hard to keep all of them straight. This one is a 30th anniversary,180gram w/ gatefold jacket released in 2003. 'Mastered at Acoustech, plated at RTI and pressed in Holland.'
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Rocker4Real
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Rocker4Real »

Probably a Monkees greatest hits album from the 60s. It's not in great shape though. It still might be worth more than my newer vinyls. ****Update*** Checked Ebay. Someone is trying to sell that album for 15 bucks.
Last edited by Rocker4Real on Fri May 10, 2024 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

GoodJudge wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:12 am
GoodJudge wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 pm On LP, the first two Boss Hog albums and the picture discs of Seventh Son (with banner), Master of Puppets and Leprosy can get reasonable coin but (here's one for Ham Stroker) I was shocked to find my Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos gatefold with a comic insert is worth +£100. I guess the Warhammer connection is driving that price, rather than the band.

I just checked Pantera's Power Metal that I bought for about £5 in the early 1990s. Median discogs price £194 :D
Ahh Pantera. One of my worst decisions from a business perspective. Got Metal Magic out of curiosity when I saw it cheap, this was after seeing Pantera open for Priest so in 91 or 92. Thought it sucked so I traded it for some regular CD and a bootleg tape or something a year or two later. I'm almost sure it was the red label variant with a median of $200, the CD I traded it for sells for $5 and the bootleg you can download for free over at guitars101.com in better quality. Just shoot me....
VinceLeeRose
Recording Your Demo

Post by VinceLeeRose »

Alice Cooper - Easy Action (with the blue Bizarre Records label and not Straight Records)

Alice Cooper - School’s Out Test Pressing

White Zombie - La Sexorcisto (glow in the dark)
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:32 am An Elvis Moody Blue album signed by Elvis.

Was my aunt's. She was a huge fan and managed to score his autograph during a Vegas show.
You win.