Jon Bon Jovi and Bret Michaels

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

PhrozenInferno
Taking Music Lessons

Jon Bon Jovi and Bret Michaels

Post by PhrozenInferno »

What is Jon thinking here? What is all that shit on your face? Also who are you?

https://images.app.goo.gl/13D44rjkUVSCYAem8
gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Jon Bon Jovi and Bret Michaels

Post by gtrjay »

Bert said “my good friend JBJ”

Jon was like friend? I met him once in 89’ :lol:
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

What different careers these 2 have had since the 80's! I love them both, but Jon definitely has become more of an artist. Bret became the cartoon version of Bret.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
PhrozenInferno
Taking Music Lessons

Post by PhrozenInferno »

Really crazy to see this picture in 2024. Jon talks a lot about how they ‘superseded all that nonsense’. We smirk, but they actually did.

‘A band called Ratt’ though. That line from the documentary was brutal. Come on.
Rocker4Real
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Rocker4Real »

He's tried to distance himself from that as if it was a phase he went through in his 20s. Notice he doesn't have any of those bands open for him or play on Hair Band packaged tours. Now, he's a serious adult contemporary artist...
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jens »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:32 am What different careers these 2 have had since the 80's! I love them both, but Jon definitely has become more of an artist. Bret became the cartoon version of Bret.
They are exactly the same: rock singers successfully leading their band as a business. Jovi is just doing it on a higher level than Bret.
Both have 0 artistic credibility.
ALMOSTsaved
Headlining Clubs

Post by ALMOSTsaved »

PhrozenInferno wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:47 pm Really crazy to see this picture in 2024. Jon talks a lot about how they ‘superseded all that nonsense’. We smirk, but they actually did.

‘A band called Ratt’ though. That line from the documentary was brutal. Come on.
He once said the same thing on the Howard Stern show, and in one instance where Howard wasn't kissing Jon's ass, he said, "Yeah I know who RATT is."
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

ALMOSTsaved wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:57 am
PhrozenInferno wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:47 pm Really crazy to see this picture in 2024. Jon talks a lot about how they ‘superseded all that nonsense’. We smirk, but they actually did.

He once said the same thing on the Howard Stern show, and in one instance where Howard wasn't kissing Jon's ass, he said, "Yeah I know who RATT is."
:lol:

Jon's developing old man features, especially his nose. He's morphing into Tico Torres. Meanwhile, Bret seems to have lost his chin and is starting to look like Mitch McConnell.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Slippery Pete
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by Slippery Pete »

It's funny that to me Bret Michaels looks as odd next to JBJ, as JBJ looked next to Paul McCartney recently.

Like two different worlds.
"The worst tempered people I have ever met were those who knew that they were wrong." -- David Letterman
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

jens wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:45 am
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:32 am What different careers these 2 have had since the 80's! I love them both, but Jon definitely has become more of an artist. Bret became the cartoon version of Bret.
They are exactly the same: rock singers successfully leading their band as a business. Jovi is just doing it on a higher level than Bret.

100%

But a big reason Jon is on a higher level is because Brett ignores Poison in favor of his solo brand
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

DangerZone wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:53 pm
jens wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:45 am

100%

But a big reason Jon is on a higher level is because Brett ignores Poison in favor of his solo brand
I meant that they are both successful but in very different ways. It's funny how they took 2 very different paths since the 80's...

Bret embraced the whole hair band thing, does shows with other 80's rock bands and festivals.
Bon Jovi do their own thing for the most part.

Although Bret he has had some really good singer/songwriter type solo songs but has also had really cheesy stuff like Rock My World and Girls on Bars.
Bon Jovi had at least 2 huge hits since the glory days with It's My Life and Who Says You Can't Go Home. Lots of other great songs too since the 80's glory days.

Bret does Rock of Love.
Whereas Jon takes himself very seriously.

Jon does 2 hour concerts whereas Bret does his 45 minutes plus a drum solo and Sweet Home Alabama shows.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

ALMOSTsaved wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:57 am

I would hope so.
I believe I saw BJ open for RATT.
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Does anyone wear shirts of himself or his band more than Bert?
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
War_in_D
Taking Music Lessons

Post by War_in_D »

Re: Ratt. I don't think Jon said it in the context that you're implying. If I recall, Jon said it was their first time playing in LA, and it sounded like they were opening for Ratt in a club. Sounds to me it would have been a time that Ratt were still quite unknown. In that circumstance, opening up for "Rat" would have been something a bit questionable.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Rocker4Real wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 pm He's tried to distance himself from that as if it was a phase he went through in his 20s. Notice he doesn't have any of those bands open for him or play on Hair Band packaged tours. Now, he's a serious adult contemporary artist...
I think it was a phase. Or chasing trends to become successful. Don't think he came from a hard rock background, and already on the New Jersey album you can hear attempts to move away from hair metal. At the time some thought he tried to chase Springsteen's success, but that was probably more of the real JBJ and the style he liked himself.
Rocker4Real
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Rocker4Real »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:58 am
Rocker4Real wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 pm He's tried to distance himself from that as if it was a phase he went through in his 20s. Notice he doesn't have any of those bands open for him or play on Hair Band packaged tours. Now, he's a serious adult contemporary artist...
I think it was a phase. Or chasing trends to become successful. Don't think he came from a hard rock background, and already on the New Jersey album you can hear attempts to move away from hair metal. At the time some thought he tried to chase Springsteen's success, but that was probably more of the real JBJ and the style he liked himself.
He has said in interviews that he wanted to be more of a Pop artist when he first started and tour with Bryan Adams or the Cars. Doc suggested he go in a Hard Rock direction because the fans are more loyal and it's better for longevity.