Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head

Post by Anthrax442 »

So, this is something that's bothered me for years. The link is for a concert that Anthrax played in Bochum, Germany on May 12th, 1986. For the encore, Anthrax covered War Inside My Head, and they did a pretty good job of covering it, so it seems like something they rehearsed ahead of time.

https://youtu.be/TUGfiedWDPw?si=6BE09K0s0cVFnC9s&t=2337

My question is...how? It wasn't released on an album until Join the Army came out a year later? Were Suicidal playing the song at live shows a year before the album, and the guys just happened to hear them play it at some random show?
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head

Post by EatNails »

It was written around the time the first album was released, by a temporary guitarist. He sold the rights to Muir. Then it went out on a demo and was played live for years before Join the Army came out.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

EatNails wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:14 pm It was written around the time the first album was released, by a temporary guitarist. He sold the rights to Muir. Then it went out on a demo and was played live for years before Join the Army came out.
Thank you!
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
tooth
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tooth »

EatNails wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:14 pm It was written around the time the first album was released, by a temporary guitarist. He sold the rights to Muir. Then it went out on a demo and was played live for years before Join the Army came out.
Per Wiki & I hope it's true - "War Inside My Head" was originally written by guitarist Jon Nelson. He traded the rights for "War Inside My Head" for a Flying V guitar after he left the band.
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

tooth wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:40 am
Per Wiki & I hope it's true - "War Inside My Head" was originally written by guitarist Jon Nelson. He traded the rights for "War Inside My Head" for a Flying V guitar after he left the band.
He's a total right-wing Trumptard these days.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

EatNails wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:38 am
The kind of guy who trades his publishing for a guitar? Shocking.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:13 am

Would you cut him some slack if it was pointy?
Great video BTW.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

GoodJudge wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:20 am
HueyRamone wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:13 am

Would you cut him some slack if it was pointy?
Great video BTW.
Flying V counts as pointy. Even if it's the classic look with the rounded edges.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?