Heart is headlining arenas????

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Heart is headlining arenas????

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/see-heart ... -2024-tour

I thought they’d be #2 or #3 on a package tour in sheds.

How?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Rocker4Real
Opening for Slaughter

Re: Heart is headlining arenas????

Post by Rocker4Real »

You missed them in NC.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:01 am You missed them in NC.
Dinner at Chili’s > Heart live
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Gwrexx »

The charlotte show last night, about 30 min before the show I looked at a seat map and it was way less than half sold…I’d say prob about 30% full..
Ain't flinging tears out on the dusty ground for all my friends out on the burial ground. Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down. It's just that demon life has got me in its sway
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

If Great White is headlining arenas, everyone is headlining arenas.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Charlotte Observer reviewer mentioned floor and lower bowl were mostly full
Crowd seemed like really old pussy. Snack bar food probably sucked- tons of people wearing stupidass retro Heart shirts

Chili’s probably had young college pussy everywhere - good food- fun atmosphere- conversation was probably cool-
Don’t think I have ever been to Chili’s if I did it was around 1995 after Fresno State basketball game
They have Chili’s in SoCal? I never noticed. Maybe I’ll search one out and go before Steelheart show
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I think a lot of acts and promoters figured out a secret. You can book a venue above your means and make your tour feel like a bigger deal than it would be otherwise. (See: Crue/Def Leppard/Poison.)

Heart has a bit of built-up demand by reuniting after a few years off, so that helps. But I just don't understand the endless money out there for these ticket prices. Boomers got the cash to spend, I suppose.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

It’s really amazing. Def Leppard and Filipino Journey are doing STADIUMS! Heart and CT are opening some dates. But these are not just fill in dates. They are doing a lot of shows together.

Saw Bryan Adams and Joan Jett at the Garden not too long ago.

Even Bret is doing amphitheaters with his Parti Gras tour.

Obviously the demand is good enough. I wouldn’t expect Taylor Swift numbers out of these tours but they are doing just fine.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Do people not understand how this works yet?

Live Nation books a tour into mostly venues they own/operate. They serve as promoter, ticket seller (as they own Ticketmaster), and venue. They make good money off the die hards who buy overpriced good seats early. Then, they play with pricing and paper (I.E. $25 concert week) to put additional asses in seats, as those assess pay for parking, merch, and food/beverage, all of which Live Nation gets a cut of, since, as noted, they are promoter, ticket seller, and venue. They couldn’t care less if the upper bowl is empty, so long as you buy a shirt or burrito.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

WOLF wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:46 am Do people not understand how this works yet?

Live Nation books a tour into mostly venues they own/operate. They serve as promoter, ticket seller (as they own Ticketmaster), and venue. They make good money off the die hards who buy overpriced good seats early. Then, they play with pricing and paper (I.E. $25 concert week) to put additional asses in seats, as those assess pay for parking, merch, and food/beverage, all of which Live Nation gets a cut of, since, as noted, they are promoter, ticket seller, and venue. They couldn’t care less if the upper bowl is empty, so long as you buy a shirt or burrito.
I’ve never had a burrito at a concert. Are they usually good?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by KISStian »

WOLF wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:46 am Do people not understand how this works yet?

Everyone gets that, it just seems like it would make a lot more sense to have had these shows in the LN owned sheds rather than the arenas.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

A lot of these Heart shows are being tapped off big time. I could see the band doing smaller arenas in B markets, but truly, they are a theater band at this juncture.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by KISStian »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:15 pm A lot of these Heart shows are being tapped off big time. I could see the band doing smaller arenas in B markets, but truly, they are a theater band at this juncture.
For the life of me I don't get putting this package at MSG and the Crypt. Zero sense there. This is a tour for The Greek Theatre and Radio City Music Hall. :lol:
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

These venues don’t even need the bands
Just charge for parking and sell burritos 🌯 inside
Merch stands of bands
VIP Backstage tours
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

LAglamrocker wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:43 pm These venues don’t even need the bands
Just charge for parking and sell burritos 🌯 inside
Merch stands of bands
VIP Backstage tours
WOLF will show up. He loves going out for a burrito.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

This ain’t even Heart. This new version is the two sisters plus Ann’s recent solo band plus one other new guy who I think is a Nancy ally.

It’s funny Gene and Paul always got shit all the time for going out with half a band but Heart have been doing it for years too. They just seem to get “survivors” and “girl power” instead.
Domino
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Domino »

I've just watched some recent footage on Youtube, it's so painful to see Ann exploding again and barely stand on her foot and sitting on a chair instead. I think at this point should be for them much better to stay home and enjoy their nephews!
that bitch bends over and i forget my name
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:11 pm This ain’t even Heart. This new version is the two sisters plus Ann’s recent solo band plus one other new guy who I think is a Nancy ally.

It’s funny Gene and Paul always got shit all the time for going out with half a band but Heart have been doing it for years too. They just seem to get “survivors” and “girl power” instead.
Kiss had four guys who all were singing, writing songs and were popular with fans. Heart was the sisters and some more or less anonymous guys already in the 80s. Nobody who didn't read credits on the albums knew who Howard Leese or Mark Andes were.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

KISStian wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:49 pm

Everyone gets that, it just seems like it would make a lot more sense to have had these shows in the LN owned sheds rather than the arenas.

this is an AEG tour
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:57 am https://blabbermouth.net/news/see-heart ... -2024-tour

I thought they’d be #2 or #3 on a package tour in sheds.

How?
I didn't even realize they were playing at the Spectrum Center. I just assumed it was a shed tour.

Not that I would've gone, anyway.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

ijwthstd wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:51 pm

this is an AEG tour
I don't know anything about this....so, does this mean they can't play in Live Nation run places. I can't imaging a band on Hearts level could avoid that.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

daveg wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:28 am

this is an AEG tour
I don't know anything about this....so, does this mean they can't play in Live Nation run places. I can't imaging a band on Hearts level could avoid that.
Live Nation and AEG rent each other's venues. AEG probably doesn't own most of the venues this tour is playing.

Arenas are also competing for bookings for theatre level acts. The parking, ticket fees and other add ons are too lucrative, and the major promoters often have deals with the venues for rebates when they reach a certain threshold in tickets sold or number of events booked.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Kind of disappointed I won’t get to hear one of worst songs even in empty SoFi Stadium “Magic Man” still have childhood drama being forced to hear that..” barracuda” was almost worse…so glad they influenced Vixen The Bangles and Lita Ford possibly

Someone needs to rent venue for The Bangles in SoCal soon..I don’t give a f*ck who steps up
KISStian
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by KISStian »

ijwthstd wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:45 am
daveg wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:28 am

this is an AEG tour
Live Nation and AEG rent each other's venues. AEG probably doesn't own most of the venues this tour is playing.

Arenas are also competing for bookings for theatre level acts. The parking, ticket fees and other add ons are too lucrative, and the major promoters often have deals with the venues for rebates when they reach a certain threshold in tickets sold or number of events booked.
This is end stage capitalism shit, isn't it. :mrgreen:
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:04 am
Rocker4Real wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:01 am You missed them in NC.
Dinner at Chili’s > Heart live
Heartburn > Heart