SUICIDE? .... CNN Political Commentator Alice Stewart, found Dead at 58

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

SUICIDE? .... CNN Political Commentator Alice Stewart, found Dead at 58

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

This just hit the wire.. seeing it coming out now...

The initial article says her body was found outdoors, near her home, and they've already ruled our Foul Play.

What's the story with her... anyone know?

Sounds like she may have off'd herself... or perhaps a heart attack, while on a walk?

-------------------

CNN political commentator Alice Stewart dies

Alice Stewart, a veteran political adviser and CNN political commentator who worked on several GOP presidential campaigns, has died. She was 58.

Law enforcement officials told CNN that Stewart’s body was found outdoors in the Bellevue neighborhood in northern Virginia early Saturday morning. No foul play is suspected, and officers believe a medical emergency occurred.

“Alice was a very dear friend and colleague to all of us at CNN,” Mark Thompson, the network’s CEO, said in an email to staff Saturday. “A political veteran and an Emmy Award-winning journalist who brought an incomparable spark to CNN’s coverage, known across our bureaus not only for her political savvy, but for her unwavering kindness. Our hearts are heavy as we mourn such an extraordinary loss.”

Stewart was born on March 11, 1966, in Atlanta.

Stewart started her career as a local reporter and producer in Georgia before moving to Little Rock, Arkansas, to be a news anchor, she told Harvard International Review. She went on to serve as the communications director in then-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s office before assuming a similar role for his presidential run in 2008.

She also served as the communications director for the 2012 presidential bids of former Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and then former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, also a former CNN commentator. Most recently, Stewart was the communications director for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s 2016 campaign.

CNN hired Stewart as a political commentator ahead of the 2016 election, and she appeared on air frequently to provide insight on the political news of the day, including as recently as Friday on “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.”

Speaking about her role as a commentator for the network, Stewart told Harvard Political Review in 2020 that she brings “a perspective that I think CNN appreciates.”

“My position at CNN is to be a conservative voice yet an independent thinker,” Stewart said. “I’m not a Kool-Aid drinker; I’m not a never-Trumper, and I didn’t check my common sense and decency at the door when I voted for (Trump).”

Stewart was also a co-host of the podcast “Hot Mics From Left to Right,” alongside fellow CNN commentator Maria Cardona. In addition, Stewart served on the senior advisory committee at the Institute of Politics at Harvard University’s Kennedy School, where she previously was a fellow.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/18/politics ... index.html

-------------------

$tEvil
War_in_D
Slept with Donna Anderson

Re: SUICIDE? .... CNN Political Commentator Alice Stewart, found Dead at 58

Post by War_in_D »

The died suddenly of the week
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

She died of natural causes, likely a heart attack. There's no conspiracy.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:37 pm This just hit the wire.. seeing it coming out now...

The initial article says her body was found outdoors, near her home, and they've already ruled our Foul Play.

What's the story with her... anyone know?

Sounds like she may have off'd herself... or perhaps a heart attack, while on a walk?

-------------------

CNN political commentator Alice Stewart dies

Alice Stewart, a veteran political adviser and CNN political commentator who worked on several GOP presidential campaigns, has died. She was 58.

Law enforcement officials told CNN that Stewart’s body was found outdoors in the Bellevue neighborhood in northern Virginia early Saturday morning. No foul play is suspected, and officers believe a medical emergency occurred.

“Alice was a very dear friend and colleague to all of us at CNN,” Mark Thompson, the network’s CEO, said in an email to staff Saturday. “A political veteran and an Emmy Award-winning journalist who brought an incomparable spark to CNN’s coverage, known across our bureaus not only for her political savvy, but for her unwavering kindness. Our hearts are heavy as we mourn such an extraordinary loss.”

Stewart was born on March 11, 1966, in Atlanta.

Stewart started her career as a local reporter and producer in Georgia before moving to Little Rock, Arkansas, to be a news anchor, she told Harvard International Review. She went on to serve as the communications director in then-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s office before assuming a similar role for his presidential run in 2008.

She also served as the communications director for the 2012 presidential bids of former Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and then former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, also a former CNN commentator. Most recently, Stewart was the communications director for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s 2016 campaign.

CNN hired Stewart as a political commentator ahead of the 2016 election, and she appeared on air frequently to provide insight on the political news of the day, including as recently as Friday on “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.”

Speaking about her role as a commentator for the network, Stewart told Harvard Political Review in 2020 that she brings “a perspective that I think CNN appreciates.”

“My position at CNN is to be a conservative voice yet an independent thinker,” Stewart said. “I’m not a Kool-Aid drinker; I’m not a never-Trumper, and I didn’t check my common sense and decency at the door when I voted for (Trump).”

Stewart was also a co-host of the podcast “Hot Mics From Left to Right,” alongside fellow CNN commentator Maria Cardona. In addition, Stewart served on the senior advisory committee at the Institute of Politics at Harvard University’s Kennedy School, where she previously was a fellow.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/18/politics ... index.html

-------------------

$tEvil
She was born March 11, 1966, so she's super old. I can't imagine anybody being older than that!
Roland Rockover
Saving Up For a Guitar

Post by Roland Rockover »

Who
Roland Rockover
Saving Up For a Guitar

Post by Roland Rockover »

cares?
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

CNN has been on life support for years, so this is no surprise
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

CNN kills again
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

If it was suicide wouldn't it be obvious? That sounds like an embolism or something.
kc primo
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by kc primo »

Probably realized Trump was right and Biden is purposely
killing our country. Good riddance to supporting a communist
administration. Their next goal is to invite Gazans into this country…..ummm didn’t they just attack Israel for NO reason?
Great job Joe/Democrats. Let’s invite terrorists into this country after they murdered, raped, and tortured innocent people. For those of you who think I’m wrong, watch screams before the silence on YouTube. Yeah these people really want peace.
VicStelly
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by VicStelly »

Are we this desperate for traffic? Lots of CNN viewers up in here I bet.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Roland Rockover wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:42 am Who
Roland Rockover wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:43 am cares?
The reaction to every single one of your KISS posts?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

kc primo wrote: Probably realized Trump was right and Biden is purposely
administration.

She was a staunch, multi-decade Republican who worked on five Republican presidential runs.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

She was a Republican … she was a conservative voice on CNN.

Everything else you are correct.

kc primo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:53 am Probably realized Trump was right and Biden is purposely
administration. Their next goal is to invite Gazans into this country…..ummm didn’t they just attack Israel for NO reason?
Great job Joe/Democrats. Let’s invite terrorists into this country after they murdered, raped, and tortured innocent people. For those of you who think I’m wrong, watch screams before the silence on YouTube. Yeah these people really want peace.
VicStelly

Post by VicStelly »

Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:35 am
kc primo wrote: Probably realized Trump was right and Biden is purposely
administration.

She was a staunch, multi-decade Republican who worked on five Republican presidential runs.
If this is true, why the fuck are you posting on a metal message board and not doing something about it?

If communism is a 40k Dow. Call me comrade.
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

Too many of you obsess over politics, make it your personality, and understand next to nothing about the political system in this country :lol:
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

kc primo wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:53 am Probably realized Trump was right and Biden is purposely
Typical ignorant post from a Republican. You don't have a clue dude - she's a member of your own party, lol.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Lol right - the Trumptards see "CNN" and it's like waving a red cape at a bull. Anyone who's actually paying attention realizes that CNN has always done the point/counterpoint thing and that it has gotten a LOT more conservative-leaning in the past couple years.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
ElectrickMagick

Post by ElectrickMagick »

Congratulations! This is one of the stupidest comments in the history of Metal Sludge!

Biden is a supporter of Israel. There is no standing invitation from Biden to the people of Gaza to begin mass immigration to the United States. When other countries have condemned Israel and accused that nation of genocide, Biden has forcefully disagreed and stood up for our ally.

And why would ANY president purposely kill our country? How would they get re-elected? Or anything passed through Congress. Please show me on the doll where Biden has hurt you!

And Biden is not a communist, I'm quite sure you do not know what the word means.

It's fine to disagree with Biden, but at least put together an argument that is more than blathering nonsense.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

The stupid is strong with this one...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557