Are you racist?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Are you racist?

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:12 pm
Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 pm I can honestly say I'd rather wait on a group of Crips than Natives.
That should be your signature.

To me this is worse.....

I was in Maryland for the M3 Festival. A few exits away, I stopped at a hotel bar & grill before the show on the first night (Kix night). On 3 separate occasions while I was having a drink at the bar I saw 3 black guys order food to go. They waited. The bartender gave them their food to go. THEY ATE THE FOOD AT THE FUCKING BAR!!! And then they just left leaving the plastic to go bag, box and utensils all over the place. Finally after the 3rd time seeing this I asked the bartender what was going on. He threw away the black man's garbage and looked at me and said "Oh... that way they don't have to tip".
They typically have no qualms about not tipping if they don't want to. This is why I won't work anywhere that uses Groupon. Brings in the bitchiest cheapskates that don't tip or tip on the reduced amount. Then they write reviews because the app suggests it.
TumblingDice
Music Fan

Post by TumblingDice »

Most people aren't racist but what is common is cultural clashes which everyone mistakes for racism. Like when you see those Turkish men blowing their noses in their hands and then just shaking it to the ground. So disgusting but probably normal in their culture. Or the way Indian people shout over you on the bus, people are rude and the government are printing leaflets telling foreighners not to stare etc. It's always culture issues rather than racism.
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

Einstein Lawless wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:32 pm
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 pm My wife is asian from the Philippines. Funny thing, she didnt believe when I told her India is part of Asia. She said she does not consider them asians.
Serious question.... I've recently read the term "Pinoy/ Pinay" used to refer to people I've always heard called Philipino. Is that out of use now and/or considered offensive?
I don't know. I have never used it or heard my wife use it. I just always say filipino. I will have to call my wife it one day and see if she tries to beat the shit out of me for it. I should probably ask her before our vacation there in July so I don't say anything stupid around her family.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:37 am
Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 pm I can honestly say I'd rather wait on a group of Crips than Natives.

To me this is worse.....

I was in Maryland for the M3 Festival. A few exits away, I stopped at a hotel bar & grill before the show on the first night (Kix night). On 3 separate occasions while I was having a drink at the bar I saw 3 black guys order food to go. They waited. The bartender gave them their food to go. THEY ATE THE FOOD AT THE FUCKING BAR!!! And then they just left leaving the plastic to go bag, box and utensils all over the place. Finally after the 3rd time seeing this I asked the bartender what was going on. He threw away the black man's garbage and looked at me and said "Oh... that way they don't have to tip".
They typically have no qualms about not tipping if they don't want to. This is why I won't work anywhere that uses Groupon. Brings in the bitchiest cheapskates that don't tip or tip on the reduced amount. Then they write reviews because the app suggests it.
You should not work in Maryland, at least not as a tipped employee, where they can pay you $3.36 an hour??
You should be getting the full minimum wage of $15.00 per hour plus tips.
Why is this still allowed anywhere??? And still over most of the US?
This has not been a thing in CA since 1989. All tipped employees receive minimum wage plus tips.
In CA minimum wage is $16.00 per hour. In Los Angeles, it will be $17.28 on 7/1.
I have seriously thought about going back to bartending, but I don't want to work nights or weekends.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Grendel wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:34 am
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 pm She’s Catholic and eats squid, octopus and lamb every week … she also likes custard … but no bacon.

She also hates Ukraine.
Why?
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Metal Sludge wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:50 pm

To me this is worse.....

You should not work in Maryland, at least not as a tipped employee, where they can pay you $3.36 an hour??
This has not been a thing in CA since 1989. All tipped employees receive minimum wage plus tips.
In CA minimum wage is $16.00 per hour. In Los Angeles, it will be $17.28 on 7/1.
I have seriously thought about going back to bartending, but I don't want to work nights or weekends.
The argument against it is that businesses claim they'd go bust if they were forced to pay their staff a proper wage. That must explain why there are no restaurants or bars anywhere in CA... :roll:
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

I've also noticed that there are no restaurants in Britain or Europe where there is no tipping culture.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

GoodJudge wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:35 am

The argument against it is that businesses claim they'd go bust if they were forced to pay their staff a proper wage. That must explain why there are no restaurants or bars anywhere in CA... :roll:
Ppl in Seattle are complaining that restaurants/bars cost more there than in NYC or Hawaii. Take that for what it is...
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Hellbentforfeathers
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Hellbentforfeathers »

Nope can't stand them racists

I love everything about all the races

Except maybe them chanks

And possibly them naggers

Oh and can't forget them Indians

Not the wagon burning type but them ones that gots the towels on there heads

But everyone else I love ❤️

I love all of you 😘

Fags
Police and Naggerz
Get outta my way
Horse Called War

Post by Horse Called War »

purple70rt wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:21 pm Everyone is racist on some level.
My black buddy says it the best “When someone pisses you off or does some shit that you cant stand, and is different than you, you become an instant racist” 😂
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Hellbentforfeathers wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:48 pm Nope can't stand them racists

Ummm, are you trying to get yourself banned. Few words are not welcome here, and you definitely hit one of them
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

daveg wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:31 pm
Hellbentforfeathers wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:48 pm Nope can't stand them racists

Ummm, are you trying to get yourself banned. Few words are not welcome here, and you definitely hit one of them

These people never fucking learn. I love it.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

GoodJudge wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:35 am

:D :D :D
Yes, they make that excuse every time they raise the minimum wage! Strangely, they all survived!
Back in 1989, when this law was enacted, they appealed, but lost.
At this time the federal minimum wage was $3.50 I think? They were paying tipped employees $2.13. They were literally fighting over $1.37. I think the appeal took about 6 months, and they had to pay us retroactively.
Restaurants and bars here have had a long time to get used to it...it's been 35 years.

However, the federal minimum wage is still $7.25 per hour. This is disgusting!
There are only 7 states that have a $15.00 or higher minimum wage.
WA, CT, CA, NY, NJ, MD, and MA. These states are $15.00 or above. Also, Washington, DC, which has the highest minimum wage at $17.00 per hour. Some states like CA, have city minimums, like Los Angeles, and San Francisco and that's much higher than the state minimum of $16.00. I just read though that in 2025, the state minimum will be $18.00.

There are a few more states that are between $11.00 & $12.00. But not a lot! There are 34 out of 50 states still paying $7.25 per hour

This has been the minimum wage in the US since 2009!!!! That's 15 years!!! Are you kidding me???
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

Sleek wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:55 am I've also noticed that there are no restaurants in Britain or Europe where there is no tipping culture.
It depends on the country. For example here there's no tipping culture. You can tip, but it's not expected at all. Workers earn well enough even without tips.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

Hellsinkey wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:58 pm
Sleek wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:55 am I've also noticed that there are no restaurants in Britain or Europe where there is no tipping culture.
It depends on the country. For example here there's no tipping culture. You can tip, but it's not expected at all. Workers earn well enough even without tips.
Oh I know. I was being sarcastic.

There are all of these things that work perfectly well in the rest of the world, and Americans always make these bullshit arguments like: "Restaurants can't afford to pay their workers a living wage" and defending whatever retarded system we have in place while ignoring the fact that restaurants do that just fine elsewhere.

If you point out that it works in other countries, they make the argument that it could not possibly work here because we are somehow fundamentally different or some nonsense.

Healthcare is another place this comes up a lot. Pretty much anything that doesn't blatantly favor the wealthy gets shot down.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Unfortunately I have noticed tipping culture is starting to creep into british culture :(
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

To me this is worse.....

Janes Addiction is better than the last few M3 lineups combined
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:26 am

To me this is worse.....

Janes Addiction is better than the last few M3 lineups combined
Nope. Jane’s Addiction is horrible. Well, outside their 4 good songs. Junkie rock.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!