New Bon Jovi song Living Proof is ....

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Re: New Bon Jovi song Living Proof is ....

Post by TooOldToCare »

JFC. Since I watched that lyric video on YT, I have been inundated with bedroom guitarist videos of schlubs covering this damn song. If hell existed, that is one version of it.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Phil X said he plays the solo but Shanks wrote it.

I don’t care if it is Bon Jovi I’d quit that band.

And youse wonder why Richie quit?
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:51 am I’m not buying the voice on these songs … it’s not AI but it has a lot of help.

2 songs and I haven’t heard a decent guitar solo yet … not back. IMO
His voice sounds...funny...like it kind of sounds like him sometimes...
I get it, he's older and really can't sing, but it just sounds so over processed...
They need the guy that did the Rob Halford vocal tracks on the new Priest...we know Rob can't sing that well anymore, but to me, it sounds like the old Halford without hearing all the processing...
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Phil X has a new album out soon and his new song is already better than anything Bon Jovi has done in 25 years.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:22 am Phil X has a new album out soon and his new song is already better than anything Bon Jovi has done in 25 years.
Took a quick look and couldn't fine his new song. Gotta llink??
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

He played it over speakers during his chat today … no link.
Z28
Headlining Clubs

Post by Z28 »

it's like "It's my life" part 4 or 3
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

Cracking up at how loud the drums are. And also it's like there's a hole in the middle of the mix where the body of the music should be. Sounds like a demo an enthusiastic amateur would upload to Soundcloud.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

And Shanks says “Phil X play this weak ass solo I wrote”.

Bon Jovi’s BACK they’re using the talk box again. :roll:
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

I don't hate it, but I have no intention of purposely listening to it again.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

Best new bon jovi song ive heard since like their first 4-5 albums
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Apparently no real music video video for this song but there will be a video for the next single “We Made It Look Eeeeeasssaaaayyyy” … a real HEADBANGER. :roll:
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:05 pm
Darrien wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:56 am Yeah, it's catchy but it just has no energy to it... totally fucking lifeless.
It sounds like a bunch of guys in their 60's trying to remain current.
This.

Jon’s voice is absolutely fried no matter how many surgeries/recoveries he does. The music is just there, it’s safe and pedestrian. Not a fan of Shanks, Phil X or the bullshit bongo player the band seemingly needed to add for no reason. I’m curious as to when Tico and David decide to say fuck this noise?

They probably would’ve said it a long time ago had Richie not been such a disastrous f*ck up and weak sauce alcoholic with zero leadership skills. Had Richie taken the bull by the horns in the off season during the 90s and early 00s and really took a stab at a serious solo career, I think Dave at the very least, would have. Especially had Richie not just dangled but delivered on the promise that Dave could write and collaborate. Jon and Richie really are cut from the same cloth. Always out whoring around with low rent, street walking prostitutes like Shanks and Billy Falcon hoping to find the same magic and trap the same lightning they did with the mother of all madames, Desmond Child.

Dave and Tico toured with Richie for Stranger In This Town. Richie claims he wrote
all these songs but he’s released what? Three solo albums in the last 34 years. Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck he’s not.
sirthx2
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by sirthx2 »

Good tune. Refreshing to hear any song these days that has a bridge. And yeah, Shanks might be a great musician, blah, blah, blah, but when you've got Hank Aaron on your team, you don't give anyone else a bat.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

There’s something more wrong with him than his voice … he doesn’t look well. IMO
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 11:30 pm
They probably would’ve said it a long time ago had Richie not been such a disastrous f*ck up and weak sauce alcoholic with zero leadership skills. Had Richie taken the bull by the horns in the off season during the 90s and early 00s and really took a stab at a serious solo career, I think Dave at the very least, would have. Especially had Richie not just dangled but delivered on the promise that Dave could write and collaborate. Jon and Richie really are cut from the same cloth. Always out whoring around with low rent, street walking prostitutes like Shanks and Billy Falcon hoping to find the same magic and trap the same lightning they did with the mother of all madames, Desmond Child.

Dave and Tico toured with Richie for Stranger In This Town. Richie claims he wrote
all these songs but he’s released what? Three solo albums in the last 34 years. Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck he’s not.
Wow, I love a good custom made insult!!!!

Jon and Richie really balance each other out. Not just musically but personally as well. That's been very well documented.

As a solo artist... I don't think Richie ever really went for it. It was always treated as a side project. Even now after 10 years he's just releasing a few singles and he did that album with Orianthi. He's been VERY low key otherwise. Not even a solo tour!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:23 am There’s something more wrong with him than his voice … he doesn’t look well. IMO
There are a lot of opportunities right now to see and hear him with the marketing machine behind his documentary, anniversary, and album. I don't know if not looking well is what I'd say, but something is off. Nerves over the hype machine, and if he can pull this off? His mood seems more somber like someone having a conversation after a funeral. Maybe it is the voice thing. He's anxious and does not want to over-talk. IDK. He looks his age in the face, so nothing weird registers for me. He appears more fit than most 60-somethings. But yes, something is off.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Watch clips from 2018 - 2022 … his eyes are doing scary things … and his last concert he looked like death … just not right for someone who is obviously in great physical shape for any age and doesn’t move that much on stage any more.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Part of a new Phil X song.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7kTWZwy ... 80b2JkYQ==

daveg wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:53 pm
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:22 am Phil X has a new album out soon and his new song is already better than anything Bon Jovi has done in 25 years.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

And part of a new Jon Bon Jovi song.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7kJ-fPO ... N6c3Exbw==
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:28 pm Part of a new Phil X song.

Awesome, thanks.

One of those songs rocks, and I wanna hear more of. The other...umm doesn't, and no need to hear the rest.
The Prez
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by The Prez »

daveg wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:32 pm
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:28 pm Part of a new Phil X song.

Awesome, thanks.

One of those songs rocks, and I wanna hear more of. The other...umm doesn't, and no need to hear the rest.
Agreed. Curious to hear the stuff he recorded Taylor Hawkins and Tommy Lee years ago as well... apparently, it should come out this year.
Sounds pretty badass..
https://youtu.be/K0L1ODV_wTs?t=695
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

TooOldToCare wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:08 am
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:23 am There’s something more wrong with him than his voice … he doesn’t look well. IMO
There are a lot of opportunities right now to see and hear him with the marketing machine behind his documentary, anniversary, and album. I don't know if not looking well is what I'd say, but something is off. Nerves over the hype machine, and if he can pull this off? His mood seems more somber like someone having a conversation after a funeral. Maybe it is the voice thing. He's anxious and does not want to over-talk. IDK. He looks his age in the face, so nothing weird registers for me. He appears more fit than most 60-somethings. But yes, something is off.
When l see Jon and see the mileage on his face and eyes, I see a guy who knows he will never sniff the feeling he had back in the 80, 90’s and mid 2000’s. This is the true downside of fame and relevancy. The voice is gone, the confidence is gone as well. He tries to pretend things are on the up and up. He knows everyone see’s through it all.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Good call … the confidence has been gone since Richie left.

I understand he can’t write or sing another Livin On A Prayer or Bad Name but he can do an album of Legendary’s and Living Proof …. enough of this boring grandma “rock”.

Jon is so generic now he’s pretty much written a bland boring song for every holiday or life event since Richie left.

New Year’s Day
A couple of Christmas songs
A graduation song
A wedding song Kiss The Bride
American Reckoning - the race song

What else? I know I’m forgetting a lot.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

I am neither a supporter nor a hater, but to be at the level BJ was in the 80s/90s and acknowledge the almost inevitable vocal issues, inner-band tussles, aging, and such has got to be a strong contributor to mental health strife—even if it is minor melancholy. Seeing everything that defines you change for the worse has to be a big downer. I'm no one, but there are days, at 57, when I think about time past vs time to live. I don't dwell on it since it doesn't impact my career, and my career is not who I am.

He looks like THAT guy. Perpetually bummed that it's not what it was. Unlike many bands we trash on Sludge, they still pack arenas, so there is that. They ain't on the corndog circuit.
Rocker4Real
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Rocker4Real »

Jon still thinks he has more to give the world. He'll still put out these albums even if he doesn't tour. The hardcore 50 year old fans will get to hear the songs he writes for his
grandchildren.
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:51 am I’m not buying the voice on these songs … it’s not AI but it has a lot of help.
Why? He's really not doing anything impressive, he sounds as limited as he has pre-surgery. I hear a little compression bringing the vocal up front but that's about it.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
HORRORHOLIC1979
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HORRORHOLIC1979 »

I'm shocked people actually like this. It's beyond boring and bland.
"They're never gonna find your face, it's hidden away
I found a very special place where you used to play"
- Alice Cooper
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Because of this.

https://youtu.be/GTIEW-HAkYo?si=zSffjN53AO4BwREv

Darrien wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:09 pm
Why? He's really not doing anything impressive, he sounds as limited as he has pre-surgery. I hear a little compression bringing the vocal up front but that's about it.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

pieceofme wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:25 am I don't hate it, but I have no intention of purposely listening to it again.
This. I probably hung on with these guys longer than I should have. Jon used to be be cool. He had some shit but somewhere along the way, he lost it. He and Richie have been such trend following whores the last 20+ years.