Def Leppard, Journey & Steve Miller tour

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Def Leppard, Journey & Steve Miller tour

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

My local radio station is giving out dozens of tickets every day.
This is just one station.
Im sure the others are too.
Is this tour bombing, or is this the norm now days?
Kerry67
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Def Leppard, Journey & Steve Miller tour

Post by Kerry67 »

Does anyone who goes to see Leppard even care about Steve Miller? I find that an odd addition.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Journey/Steve Miller def works. The addition of the Leps is a head scratcher unless they were added to bump up sales. Is this going to be in sheds or stadiums?
The power of Sludge compels you.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Kerry67 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:33 am Does anyone who goes to see Leppard even care about Steve Miller? I find that an odd addition.
Really weird he would agree to be an opening act, even on a stadium tour.

Once upon a time, at least every So Cal show was a total sell out. Irvine Meadows and then Pacific Amph every year. Last year I got into his show at the YouTube for like $5.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Surely these bands have oversaturated the market at this point.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Excitement level of Motley Leppard Poison Joan was 10
The Kiss My Ass grunge Stadium Tour was victory parade every show added more and more shows

Leppard - Journey without Tall Stories singer- Steve Miller..boredom 2/10. The Metal Edge audience doesn’t give a f*ck about this tour. Just show up at 8:30 for Hysteria Leppard

Probably listen to Tall Stories 5x in Sofi parkinglot
No rush to leave Carlsbad picnic on the beach. Plenty of time to make Hysteria Leppard
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

pieceofme wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:33 pm Surely these bands have oversaturated the market at this point.
Absolutely this. Plus the price to see this thing is way overboard. We looked at going to the Toronto show, and normally this would have sold out in minutes, especially with Heart opening. But Journey and Def Leppard have been through recently so there can't be that much demand...and 180 for nosebleeds has to be putting people off.
KISStian
Picking a Band Name

Post by KISStian »

When I saw the initial ads, I thought it was going to be Journey, Def Leppard, Steve Miller, Heart and Cheap Trick each night. Damn, that's a boomer festival that will sell out everywhere. Can't miss. When I saw that it was the 178th co-headline of DL & Journey w/ one of those 3 in each city, I realized Live Nation was going to the well too many times.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

KISStian wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:52 pm When I saw the initial ads, I thought it was going to be Journey, Def Leppard, Steve Miller, Heart and Cheap Trick each night. Damn, that's a boomer festival that will sell out everywhere. Can't miss. When I saw that it was the 178th co-headline of DL & Journey w/ one of those 3 in each city, I realized Live Nation was going to the well too many times.
Live Nation is doing a crazy thing here in Europe, Journey and Heart are touring separately here at the same time. I'm not sure if either is big enough to sell arenas. It would have been common sense for them to tour together.
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jens »

Hellsinkey wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:20 pm Live Nation is doing a crazy thing here in Europe, Journey and Heart are touring separately here at the same time. I'm not sure if either is big enough to sell arenas. It would have been common sense for them to tour together.
Can't recall Journey playing anything but afternoon slots at festivals over here, to be honest.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

jens wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:20 am
Hellsinkey wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:20 pm Live Nation is doing a crazy thing here in Europe, Journey and Heart are touring separately here at the same time. I'm not sure if either is big enough to sell arenas. It would have been common sense for them to tour together.
Can't recall Journey playing anything but afternoon slots at festivals over here, to be honest.
Yeah, Europe doesn't give a damn about Journey and never has...
KISStian
Picking a Band Name

Post by KISStian »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:28 am
Van Halen suffered the same fate.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

What's the capacity? The stadium they're playing in Orlando holds 65K, and every last person counts towards merch, concessions, etc....Also, the free tickets are also used for trade for additional commercials, chatter, etc....to promote the show, so it's not like they're begging people to go. The ticket are a cash value used towards advertising/promo.

And thank you for listening to local radio.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

pieceofme wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:33 pm Surely these bands have oversaturated the market at this point.
Boom! Yep, given the lineup, if this is what they need to do to sell tixx, then they have def been around too soon/recent.
The power of Sludge compels you.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

At least here they're playing the same arena as Heart, on different day.
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Miller is boring and old as fuck. DL has been shit since Pyromania, Journey is a shitfest. Maybe would go for under $20
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

2 years from now “why is Def Leppard at Sofi stadium again #3”

5 years from now “why is Def Leppard at Sofi stadium again #4 - anyone going to Vain next night at Whisky?”
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

KISStian wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:31 am
El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:28 am

Van Halen suffered the same fate.
They suffered because the bros didn't want to travel outside America, which was ridiculous given that their rents were both immigrants.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.