No Phil Rudd at Power festival

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: No Phil Rudd at Power festival

Post by Love_Industry »

CrankerBait wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:47 am That's a great quote about Phil's teeth and helicopters. Amazing how he always seemed able to keep a cigarette going while playing the drums with so few teeth to help him along.
The quote must be about his natural teeth. He's rich enough to replace those that fell out.
richard cranium
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by richard cranium »

WOLF wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:00 am
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:32 am Just a drummer. And not like Peart, Zoltan, or Portnoy.

So who really gives a fuck?
Zoltan Chaney? A circus clown who doesn’t play a song the same way twice because he’s busy doing tricks… being compared to Peart and Portnoy… that’s a joke, right?
Was gonna post this. One of these things doesn't belong.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Love_Industry wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:35 am
CrankerBait wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:47 am That's a great quote about Phil's teeth and helicopters. Amazing how he always seemed able to keep a cigarette going while playing the drums with so few teeth to help him along.
The quote must be about his natural teeth. He's rich enough to replace those that fell out.
Judging by their last video he did not replace them :-).
The again, maybe is so rich he has even more helicopters than implants!
I saw some news report about his cars and it was just insane.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

WOLF wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:00 am
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:32 am Just a drummer. And not like Peart, Zoltan, or Portnoy.

So who really gives a fuck?
Zoltan Chaney? A circus clown who doesn’t play a song the same way twice because he’s busy doing tricks… being compared to Peart and Portnoy… that’s a joke, right?
It’s DF, so no, he’s not joking. I wish he was.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

As there's a thread about worst famous people to deal with, isn't Rudd known for being an asshole to fans and staff?
I recall having read that a couple of times. A quick google found a story about him punching Malcolm Young too.
Maybe he's just very Lithuanian :)
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:48 am As there's a thread about worst famous people to deal with, isn't Rudd known for being an asshole to fans and staff?
I recall having read that a couple of times. A quick google found a story about him punching Malcolm Young too.
According to a book on AC/DC I read (either their ex manager or ex bass player) Rudd was deadly afraid of Malcom.....
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:15 am
Love_Industry wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:48 am As there's a thread about worst famous people to deal with, isn't Rudd known for being an asshole to fans and staff?
According to a book on AC/DC I read (either their ex manager or ex bass player) Rudd was deadly afraid of Malcom.....
Was that the book that also claimed Rudd had to be taken to hospital and given medicines after shows so he would be able to sleep while on tour in 1979?