El Toro's Official Guitarded Thread...

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: El Toro's Official Guitarded Thread...

Post by sirthx2 »

Mojo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:50 pm
cowpins wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:42 pm And Mojo, there's your Strat.
Forgot to add that it has to be a maple neck, too. I do love that 70's headstock, though.
I got your white Strat w/ maple neck & huge 70s headstock right here.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

That'll look fucking great in about thirty years when the white ages.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

Mojo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:02 pm That'll look fucking great in about thirty years when the white ages.
That's the problem w/ modern Strats. They're poly (mostly) which doesn't age like Nitro.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

sirthx2 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:08 pm
Sleek wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:58 pm Looks to me like you are mainly paying for all of those little stickers on the neck plate. Those add up.
Unfortunately they'll be gone when I replace it with a 'trucker mudflap naked girl leaning back' neck plate.
Don't let anybody ever tell you you're not a classy bitch, sirthx2.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

Sleek wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:59 pm
sirthx2 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:08 pm
Sleek wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:58 pm Looks to me like you are mainly paying for all of those little stickers on the neck plate. Those add up.
Unfortunately they'll be gone when I replace it with a 'trucker mudflap naked girl leaning back' neck plate.
Don't let anybody ever tell you you're not a classy bitch, sirthx2.
Damn straight!

exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

Okay, so for my merry christmas I blew the fucking tubes in my amp. :x

Anybody have preferences or recommendations on replacement tube brands?

I'm looking at J/Js. The originals in my amp were Rubys.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I ordered one of these. I don't care if it chugs or not.

Will It Chug?.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPgwEiaiV-c

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Dude, the correct term is DJENT.

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Turner Coates wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:38 pm I ordered one of these. I don't care if it chugs or not.

Will It Chug?.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPgwEiaiV-c
All night.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Any insights on Epihone SG's models, MIK, MIC, etc...without dropping $$$ on a Gibson? My son wants one. I went a played a Epi G400 (I think) a few weeks ago and it felt like i was playing plywood.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
metalslayer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by metalslayer »

cowpins wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:41 am Any insights on Epihone SG's models, MIK, MIC, etc...without dropping $$$ on a Gibson? My son wants one. I went a played a Epi G400 (I think) a few weeks ago and it felt like i was playing plywood.
I am not knowledgeable on the epiphone brand, but I do own an ec-1000 by ESP LTD and the thing plays like a dream. My only complaint is I personally prefer passive hum buckets over active EMG pickups, but I still love the thing.

Maybe check out this ESP LTD for your son….not a budget breaker and it looks kinda cool.

Personally I am trying to convince myself I need a custom Kiesel guitar after just being ravaged by Uncle Sam on taxes. I hope you find him something cool

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ack-cherry
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Thanks! Def something to consider. Between the two of us we have Strats, Tele's, and Les Pauls, but he's asking for a SG on his own (thanks to Angus and Tony). I'll def check an LTD out.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

cowpins wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:43 pm Thanks! Def something to consider. Between the two of us we have Strats, Tele's, and Les Pauls, but he's asking for a SG on his own (thanks to Angus and Tony). I'll def check an LTD out.
I agree. Epiphones feel pretty shitty these days. My buddy bought an epi SG a while ago and it felt terrible. Some of the signature models have gotten good reviews, but I think the Tony Iommi one underwhelmed in a review I read. I know you pay more for a sig model, but I passed on the Brendan Small V, the Richie Faulkner V and the Luzzy Hale explorer and those are all worth like double what they were new.

i hear a lot of great things about current LTD models. I need another guitar like a hole in the head, but these are tempting me mightily... and have great reviews. I love 1 pickup, 1 knob guits.

Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:01 pm
cowpins wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:43 pm Thanks! Def something to consider. Between the two of us we have Strats, Tele's, and Les Pauls, but he's asking for a SG on his own (thanks to Angus and Tony). I'll def check an LTD out.
I agree. Epiphones feel pretty shitty these days. My buddy bought an epi SG a while ago and it felt terrible. Some of the signature models have gotten good reviews, but I think the Tony Iommi one underwhelmed in a review I read. I know you pay more for a sig model, but I passed on the Brendan Small V, the Richie Faulkner V and the Luzzy Hale explorer and those are all worth like double what they were new.

i hear a lot of great things about current LTD models. I need another guitar like a hole in the head, but these are tempting me mightily... and have great reviews. I love 1 pickup, 1 knob guits.

Really, Huey? I kind of figured this would be more your type of guitar:

LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

I have an LTD Phoenix, similar to above but with regular dual humbucker setup. Very sweet guitar for the price.
ImageImage
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

exitflagger wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:27 pm I have an LTD Phoenix, similar to above but with regular dual humbucker setup. Very sweet guitar for the price.
Which one? The aged white one is pretty cool looking.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:49 pm
Really, Huey? I kind of figured this would be more your type of guitar:
While I like pointy, I am a sucker for the classics. Bernie Rico's original shapes, classic V and Explorer, and the Firebird.

I've never owned a pointy Jackson style V, although I think they're pretty cool. I dont like the rhoads, the little wing witht he pickguard is dorky and only looks good on tiny men. Overly goofy pointed shit, I dont really care for.

That said, if i was in a comedy metal band, I'd totally rock that skull thing.
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Ugh. I hate guitars that are not quite other guitars.

Liiiike, this is not quite a firebird.

HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Sleek wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:15 pm

Word of advice. Do NOT look at the rest of the ESP line….
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Sleek wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:15 pm

It looks like a toy
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:34 pm
exitflagger wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:27 pm I have an LTD Phoenix, similar to above but with regular dual humbucker setup. Very sweet guitar for the price.
Which one? The aged white one is pretty cool looking.
It's this one.

The color scheme is not wild or anything but I wasn't even looking to buy a guitar, I used it to demo an amp and ended up buying the guitar and saying fuck the amp.
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I don't think I'm going to be able to resist one of these new Gretsch beauties with P90's. I've been wanting P90's and holy shit, are these gorgeous.

Image Image
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

New addition to the family. 2023 Jazzmaster American Pro II. Growing up hating these, and anything else that might remind me of Elvis Costello.

Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

I don't typically like those, but that one is pretty.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

Grendel wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:32 am I don't typically like those, but that one is pretty.
Agreed. I've become as much a collector as player and as a collector trying to check as many boxes as possible. The history of the Jazzmaster is pretty interesting so doing a deep-dive into that pushed me to pick one up.
Last edited by sirthx2 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I really like that. Beautiful.
Image Image
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

Mojo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:35 am I really like that. Beautiful.
Danke!

HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:51 am as a collector trying to check as many boxes as possible.
Liar! You're leaving badass pointy metal guitars intentionally bypassed and its not cool.
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:19 am
sirthx2 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:51 am as a collector trying to check as many boxes as possible.
Liar! You're leaving badass pointy metal guitars intentionally bypassed and its not cool.
My wife has a 'no weapons in the house' policy. I'd feel bad keeping a Warlock in the garage.

HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:12 am
HueyRamone wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:19 am
My wife has a 'no weapons in the house' policy. I'd feel bad keeping a Warlock in the garage.
Thats what you get when you let the libs overrun a state.