Loud in Lima (Ohio) festival - July 2017 - 80s bands

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

blastfurniss
Playing at a Friend's Party

Re: Loud in Lima (Ohio) festival - July 2017 - 80s bands

Postby blastfurniss » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:04 am

Was hoping to see some Sludge on this festival by now. I'm sure tens of people were there last night for Bert. They did announce a $200 Bert meet & greet yesterday with proceeds going to Bert's favorite charity "Locks for Bert."
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Postby greengoblinrulz » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 am

Like to hear a review ,but not on the music, but on the crowd size and how the festival was run. I would possibly be interested in going for year 3 if this was successful.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Postby Heenan Snuka » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:42 am

greengoblinrulz wrote:Like to hear a review ,but not on the music, but on the crowd size and how the festival was run. I would possibly be interested in going for year 3 if this was successful.

give it another day or so.

Andywolfe1982 is still rockin'.
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
LAglamrocker

Postby LAglamrocker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 am

Lita tweeted photo of show with crowd size and gorgeous sunset
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Postby Tymaster » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:13 am

greengoblinrulz wrote:Like to hear a review ,but not on the music, but on the crowd size and how the festival was run. I would possibly be interested in going for year 3 if this was successful.

There are a few Sludgers there. Give it a day or so.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.

blastfurniss
Playing at a Friend's Party

Postby blastfurniss » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:06 am

Looked at the festivals Facebook page and the folks who bought VIP and meet & greets are pissed at how those have been handled. Apparently GA ticket holders are able to get into the VIP tent and the communication on the time & location for the meet & greets has been lousy. VIP tix were $300 and included unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. It's been balls hot & humid in Ohio this weekend and when the VIPs went to get their free water they were told there was no such thing as free drinks even after they were shown emails saying the drinks were free.

Little criticism of performances so far other than short sets. Looks like there was little to no organization though.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Postby greengoblinrulz » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Been following FB updates & have few friends there also. Rain Friday overnight made the grounds into a massive mud pit.
If I paid $300 for VIP (could care less about M&G but free beer woulda hooked me) & didnt recieve it, I would be pissed!!!
Doesnt look like a huge crowd but not sure what they were hoping for.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Postby greengoblinrulz » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:01 pm

LAglamrocker

Postby LAglamrocker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:14 pm

If you zoom in you can count all the people!
Lita Sunset..win!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MetalSludgeCEO

Postby MetalSludgeCEO » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Heard attendance was very low...much lower than expected.

$ludge
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Postby DEATH ROW JOE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:53 pm

washedup in Lima
Mazerati
Cockblocked by Poison

Postby Mazerati » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Lol Three Doors Down does not fit that lineup at all
It's like Poison playing at lalapalooza
Andywolfe1982
Wannabe Rocker

Postby Andywolfe1982 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:54 pm

I would say that this was a mess. I doubt there were even a 1000 people there today for Vince Neil. I would say at the most there might have been around 3000 people yesterday for Bret Michaels.
Friday people pretty much could have done whatever they wanted. I believe all weekend you could have walked in and sat in the grandstand without anyone noticing because no one was checking if you had an arm band on. I believe at the most there was still only 50 people in the grandstand. It was also easy Friday to walk backstage or pretty much do whatever you want. I would say there might have been around 2000 people at the most on Friday. The place was so empty. When the bands were dumb enough to try to let the crowd sing you could hear a pin drop it was so silent. This day was also a mess because the times were all messed up. They cut Great White off for example before they did Once Bitten Twice Shy. Dokken had to stop in the middle of their set to figure out what songs they still actually wanted to do. Winger apologized about how they sounded because they did not do a soundcheck. I left after Steel Panther who left the stage at 1045. They got fined heavily for going on past 11 pm. Eddie Truck also got stuck on a plane and did not show up until after Dee Snider was on. Dee Snider actually was cool enough to sign autographs and meet the fans for free.
People bitched about the fact people were allowed to go wherever they wanted Friday so they actually had security do their job Friday. It was still odd how they handled it because half the food venues were on the field and people in the grandstands were not allowed on the field even to get food. I would say at the most there were around 3000 people here that day. The bands were able to get on track better because of Keifer not showing up.
Sunday I was only there for Eric Martin and Vince Neil but like I mentioned above I would say less than 1000 people were there. I believe the only security guard was posted at the VIP tent so you could have walked onto the field and got really close to the stage without paying. Geoff Tate was cool enough to hang out in the VIP tent and watched Lita Ford in the crowd.
They do claim that they are going to try again next year. The sound quality on Friday was a mess up into Dokken. I think it ruined Last in Line for me. The quality did get a lot better for Saturday which would have been a great day if it was not so muddy.
I cannot complain myself but I only had to drive two miles away. I believe many people complaining on the Facebook have never been to an event like this. I was shocked at the size of the crowd because I figure there would be at least around 5000 people here but many people in this area I guess cannot afford 80 dollars to a 3-day event. I would say it would appear there were more people in the VIP area than anywhere else.
I personally just bought two General Admission tickets but ended up winning party pit passes. I ended up selling my General Admission tickets and upgrading to VIP so I do not know how happy I would have been if I was stuck in the grandstand since you could hardly hear the bands.
I do think if they learn from their mistakes next year could be better. The location really is not bad and within 2 minutes of interstate 75. I am not sure if Lima can support a thing like this annual but I believe if they can get people from the bigger cities to come it could work.
Andywolfe1982
Wannabe Rocker

Postby Andywolfe1982 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Sorry, this somehow got posted twice.
GeddyCriss3
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Postby GeddyCriss3 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:04 pm

:D

Return to “The Original Gossip Board”