Body Count - Raining In Blood

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

User avatar
jboogie
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:39 pm

Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby jboogie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:38 am

User avatar
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 7975
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:41 pm
Location: Catalonia (Europe)

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby inextrem » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:13 am

Wow, isn't that a track from Suayer?
Image
Image
User avatar
BDG135
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2692
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby BDG135 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:00 am

Ice T's voice doesn't really work for that tune. His band is good though.
User avatar
jboogie
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1873
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:39 pm

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby jboogie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:33 pm

inextrem wrote:Wow, isn't that a track from Suayer?


WOW..NO SHIT!
User avatar
DemonFilth2001
Headlining a Theater Tour
Posts: 6666
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:59 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby DemonFilth2001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm

I thought Body Count was a rap act.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
User avatar
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 9424
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:11 pm
Location: AOTEAROA

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby demolition23 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:46 pm

DemonFilth2001 wrote:I thought Body Count was a rap act.

You were wrong.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.

PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!


Image
User avatar
DemonFilth2001
Headlining a Theater Tour
Posts: 6666
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:59 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby DemonFilth2001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:55 pm

demolition23 wrote:
DemonFilth2001 wrote:I thought Body Count was a rap act.

You were wrong.


Ice T, right?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
User avatar
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 9424
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:11 pm
Location: AOTEAROA

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby demolition23 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:58 pm

DemonFilth2001 wrote:
demolition23 wrote:
DemonFilth2001 wrote:I thought Body Count was a rap act.

You were wrong.


Ice T, right?


Yeah, but the whole point were that they were his crossover/metal band. They've never done any hip hop musically, and while he can't really sing he's never really rapped with them either. More of a shouter.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.

PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!


Image
User avatar
DemonFilth2001
Headlining a Theater Tour
Posts: 6666
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:59 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby DemonFilth2001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:01 pm

demolition23 wrote:
DemonFilth2001 wrote:
demolition23 wrote:You were wrong.


Ice T, right?


Yeah, but the whole point were that they were his crossover/metal band. They've never done any hip hop musically, and while he can't really sing he's never really rapped with them either. More of a shouter.


Sounds...great. A rapper trying to do metal.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
User avatar
TheCULTofMANSON
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:05 pm
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby TheCULTofMANSON » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:36 am

demolition23 wrote:
DemonFilth2001 wrote:I thought Body Count was a rap act.

You were wrong.


Typical, demonfilth never knows what he is talking about when it comes to music. Only thing he knows is posting dumb stuff as his alter ego heenansnuka. Lol
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
User avatar
TheCULTofMANSON
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:05 pm
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby TheCULTofMANSON » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:43 am

Great cover
RockSkar wrote:

Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.

Itwalksamongus wrote:

Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
VicStelly
Recording Debut Album
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:08 am
Location: Providence

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby VicStelly » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 am

Always dug them. For a rapper/shouter over metal, Ice-T's enunciation is impressive. I can actually make out what the lyrics are in Raining Blood.
User avatar
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 7975
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:41 pm
Location: Catalonia (Europe)

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby inextrem » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:42 am

jboogie wrote:
inextrem wrote:Wow, isn't that a track from Suayer?


WOW..NO SHIT!


Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Suicide_Note
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1079
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:28 am
Location: Between Oprah's fat rolls

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby Suicide_Note » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 am

Pretty good cover, but Ice-T's vocals are the weak link on this.
User avatar
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 9424
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:11 pm
Location: AOTEAROA

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby demolition23 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:56 am

Suicide_Note wrote:Pretty good cover, but Ice-T's vocals are the weak link on this.

Their ST cover on the last album worked much better IMO.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.

PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!


Image
Rageman
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 3228
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:52 am
Location: Ancho-RAGE, Alaska

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby Rageman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:35 am

Just watched this for the first time. Pretty fucking cool. I like how they switched up the tail end of Post-Mortem and Raining Blood. Something different. LA Thrash legend Juan Garcia(Abattoir, Agent Steel, Evil Dead, Killing Machine) is one of the guitarists.
Hungwell wrote:If it wasn't for rothtards, I don't think Sammy fans would have any idea what he was up to.
Gibsonite wrote:For once all the bleeding vaginas aren't confined to the Van Halen threads
User avatar
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4584
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:41 am
Location: Boston

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby SlayerNPG » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 am

VicStelly wrote:Always dug them. For a rapper/shouter over metal, Ice-T's enunciation is impressive. I can actually make out what the lyrics are in Raining Blood.


Yeah I was gonna say after hearing this, I've definitely been shouting some of the wrong lyrics to this song all these years :lol:
User avatar
David Lee Hasselhoff
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby David Lee Hasselhoff » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:10 pm

I like the new album a lot, but I always skip this one. It's not bad, not great either. Just uneccesarry.
"Even my songwriting has been adversely affected as my guitar brushes against my sensitive breasts thus disrupting my very concentration ceasing valuable production.”
daveg
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 867
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:19 am

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby daveg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 pm

David Lee Hasselhoff wrote:I like the new album a lot, but I always skip this one. It's not bad, not great either. Just uneccesarry.


Ya, me to. Love the entire cd...and love slayer, but for some reason I always skip this, even though it is not bad.
User avatar
DemonFilth2001
Headlining a Theater Tour
Posts: 6666
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:59 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby DemonFilth2001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Any other famous rappers trying to do metal? I haven't heard of any.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 8219
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby That-guy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:22 pm

DemonFilth2001 wrote:
demolition23 wrote:
DemonFilth2001 wrote:
Ice T, right?


Yeah, but the whole point were that they were his crossover/metal band. They've never done any hip hop musically, and while he can't really sing he's never really rapped with them either. More of a shouter.


Sounds...great. A rapper trying to do metal.

He's not trying, he's succeeding.

They opened their set with this at Chicago Open Air and won over the crowd immediately. Other than Slayer, they had the biggest crowd on the second stage all weekend.
User avatar
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:25 am

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby Funnelhead » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:32 pm

daveg wrote:
David Lee Hasselhoff wrote:I like the new album a lot, but I always skip this one. It's not bad, not great either. Just uneccesarry.


Ya, me to. Love the entire cd...and love slayer, but for some reason I always skip this, even though it is not bad.


True. It's good but I would have rather had just an ok new BC tune instead. Same with the Suicidal track.
User avatar
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15009
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:15 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby Hellsinkey » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:36 pm

VicStelly wrote:Always dug them.


Yeah, good band. I'd like to see them live.
Image
itdoesntmatter
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2083
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:21 pm

Re: Body Count - Raining In Blood

Postby itdoesntmatter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:43 am

DemonFilth2001 wrote:Any other famous rappers trying to do metal? I haven't heard of any.


Where have you been the last 25-30 years? This isn't a new thing and they were pretty famous/infamous a long long time ago. I'ts not like one day a nearly 60 year-old Ice T decided to become a rapper turned metal singer because it was trendy in 2017.

FWIW, they released their first major label metal album in 1992.

Return to “The Original Gossip Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Biscuits, diamondave22, Google Adsense [Bot], pieceofme, Soultaker, tadpole71, taimesdress, That-guy, The Stench, TREVERLAST, VincesGarterbelt, whoami and 50 guests