Sebastian Bach - Michael Jackson - Waco

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

hairmetalmusic.com
Opening for Slaughter

Sebastian Bach - Michael Jackson - Waco

Postby hairmetalmusic.com » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:36 am

Saw the Savage Beast performing in Waco, Texas a couple nights ago. I know Bach takes a lot of crap on here, and for some reason he has blocked us from his Facebook page - which is weird, as we are huge fans of his and give him tons of props and recognition for what he has accomplished in the Hair Metal genre. Guess we must have posted something he didn't like.

First off, it was freezing during the show. Cold enough where you could see your breath. Probably between 45 and 50 degrees during the show, which was outdoors.

Audience - maybe 500 people.

Bach was in a fantastic mood. Laughing, joking and interacting with the crowd for the entire show. I think this was our fifth Bach show. First was in 1989, also saw him about a decade ago opening for GnR. In all the shows we've seen, this was the happiest and friendliest we've ever seen him. Dude is having fun and enjoying himself.

His voice sounded great. Sure, he doesn't go full force for those high notes he hit in 1989. But what 50 year old metal singer sounds as good as he did at 22? But Bach still has a very strong voice, he hits all the notes he goes for, and still does justice to the classic material. I'd give him a solid B-plus. Especially considering it was freezing cold out, it's got to be hard to sing when you are shivering from the cold. But Bach was awesome - he was better than I expected.

The band is solid. Brent Woods is a good guitar player, he can shred. The bass player/drummer didn't stand out, but they also didn't stand out in a bad way - so that's a positive. I'd give the band a solid B-plus. Funny thing is how small both Woods and the bass player are. Both dudes appear to be about 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds.

Funny moments:
Somebody threw a glove on stage. Bach put it on and then sang a medley of Michael Jackson songs, including thriller.

Bach joked about the large TV screens that were inside the bar which were showing the Monday night footballgame, saying he's never performed at a show where he could also watch the game at the same time.

He mentioned Blabbermouth, which shows how much he pays attention to these message boards. I almost wore a "FUCK TIM MILLER" t-shirt...but wasn't sure I'd be in the front row where he could see it.

At one point he mentioned bringing out a special guest......somebody from the crowd yelled "AXL" (GnR was playing in Houston the next night)......alas, it turned out to just be the drummer, who was from Texas.

Bach also went on a rant about Skid Row. "How many singers have they had now? Seven?" and made fun of how many guys they've fired. He talked about it for about a minute, wrapping up by saying something like "what the fuck is wrong with you people" and making it clear he thought Skid Row should regroup.

Songs
He played all the classics and sounded great on them. Youth Gone WIld, 18 and Life, Monkey Business and I Remember You are great live songs.
Pulled out some post-Skid Row songs as well - Love is a Bitchslap is a solid live song.
Played In a Darkened Room which surprised me, I thought he'd go with Wasted Time.

But for us, the highlight of the show was Breakin' Down. A great ballad from Subhuman Race.

All in All, it was a great concert.
Bach sounded great. He was in great spirits in spite of the weather, interacted with the crowd all night, the band does the classic songs justice......it was well worth the $25 ticket price.

If you are fans of the genre, and he comes to your town, go check out the show. It was a fun night and we might just drive to Dallas tomorrow night to catch them again.
michelish
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Sebastian Bach - Michael Jackson - Waco

Postby michelish » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:40 am

Too long
Didn't read
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Postby Luminiferous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:45 am

hairmetalmusic.com wrote:Bach also went on a rant about Skid Row. "How many singers have they had now? Seven?" and made fun of how many guys they've fired. He talked about it for about a minute, wrapping up by saying something like "what the fuck is wrong with you people" and making it clear he thought Skid Row should regroup.

And this fucking idiot wonders why they don't want to ever work with him ever again?

I've seen the Skids about six times in the last few years, not once have the ever mentioned him..
hairmetalmusic.com
Opening for Slaughter

Postby hairmetalmusic.com » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:52 am

michelish wrote:Too long
Didn't read

You aren't exactly known for your ability to read though.....
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Postby MetalSludgeCEO » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:26 am

Funny, has he looked in the mirror lately?

In other words...how many guitarists has he had?

$ludge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Bach

Wikipeida says 12

Current[edit]
Bobby Jarzombek – drums (2005–present)
Rob De Luca – bass (2005–2012, 2014–present)
Brent Woods – lead and rhythm guitar (2014–present)

Former[edit]
Johnny Chromatic – rhythm and lead guitar (2004–2014)
Nick Sterling – lead and rhythm guitar (2009–2012)
"Metal" Mike Chlasciak – guitar (Angel Down 2005–2008)
Steve Di Giorgio – bass guitar (Angel Down 2005–2007)
Ralph Santolla – guitar (2004–2005)
Anton Fig – drums (1998–2000)
Richie Scarlet – guitar (1998–2002)
Larry Fisher– bass (1997–1999)
Jimmy Flemion – guitar (1997–1999)
Mark "Bam Bam" McConnell – drums (1997–2005)
Randall X. Rawlings – guitar (2004–2005)
Adam Albright – guitar (2004–2005)
Cheeze (né Brian Hall) – bass (2004–2005)
Paul Crook – guitars (1999–2004)
Devin Bronson – guitar (2013–2014)
Jason Christopher - bass (2012-2014)
Jeff George – guitars (2012–2013)
hairmetalmusic.com
Opening for Slaughter

Postby hairmetalmusic.com » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:34 am

Luminiferous wrote:
hairmetalmusic.com wrote:Bach also went on a rant about Skid Row. "How many singers have they had now? Seven?" and made fun of how many guys they've fired. He talked about it for about a minute, wrapping up by saying something like "what the fuck is wrong with you people" and making it clear he thought Skid Row should regroup.

And this fucking idiot wonders why they don't want to ever work with him ever again?

I've seen the Skids about six times in the last few years, not once have the ever mentioned him..

Serious question - not being sarcastic. At what point do you have to start putting blame on the current band members for the revolving door of singers? Yes, Bach is no doubt a hard guy to work with. But when a band churns through a new singer every couple of years, when do you have to start thinking that there might be a reason for that? I think Skid Row is on their sixth singer? At some point you can't keep blaming Bach and the singers, but you have to look at the common denominator. Obviously the boys in the band have an issue - maybe they aren't so easy to work with either?

With that said, I'm not one of the morons who think Skid Row should reunite with Bach just for the money. I respect the band for sticking to their guns and choosing happiness over cash. Good for them. That's way more admirable than Axl and Guns N' Roses. For twenty years Axl has said Slash is a cancer, should never have been in GnR in the first place and has blamed him for all his own unhappiness. But when his accountant said "bro, you can play to 5,000 people and make $50,000 a show in 2016. Or we can bring Slash back and play to 50,000 people and you can personally bank $500,000 a show. Your call." All of a sudden......Slash didn't look so bad anymore.
I respect Sabo/Bolan/Hill for not going that route. But those guys must not be that easy to work with either.
hairmetalmusic.com
Opening for Slaughter

Postby hairmetalmusic.com » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:41 am

MetalSludgeCEO wrote:Funny, has he looked in the mirror lately?

$ludge

Wikipeida says 12

Current[edit]

Former[edit]

He has had a different guitar player every time I've seen him live.

The funny thing about a Skid Row reunion is that it wouldn't really tilt the scales that much in Bach's career. Skids aren't going to headline a tour. A new album isn't going to crack the Billboard Top 100. They wouldn't headline festivals. If it was a christmas festival with Tom Keifer, Slaughter, Dokken, Ratt and Skid Row......where would Skid be slotted? I'd imagine the same place as if it was just Bach as a solo artist.

Mr. Rachelle - I was hoping you guys would be doing the Hair Metal Holiday again in Texas. You guys were fantastic last year, I really enjoyed seeing you live.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Postby Luminiferous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:43 am

As the CEO pointed out how many guitarists and musicians has he gone through in his solo career? Think that may speak as to whom the problem may be..

Bach has no room to talk..
MetalSludgeCEO

Postby MetalSludgeCEO » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 am

hairmetalmusic.com wrote:
MetalSludgeCEO wrote:Funny, has he looked in the mirror lately?

$ludge

Wikipeida says 12

Current[edit]

Former[edit]

He has had a different guitar player every time I've seen him live.

The funny thing about a Skid Row reunion is that it wouldn't really tilt the scales that much in Bach's career. Skids aren't going to headline a tour. A new album isn't going to crack the Billboard Top 100. They wouldn't headline festivals. If it was a christmas festival with Tom Keifer, Slaughter, Dokken, Ratt and Skid Row......where would Skid be slotted? I'd imagine the same place as if it was just Bach as a solo artist.

Mr. Rachelle - I was hoping you guys would be doing the Hair Metal Holiday again in Texas. You guys were fantastic last year, I really enjoyed seeing you live.

Last year was great, but I think they are trying to mix it up and NOT have the same bands every year. I saw the lineup for this year and it looked pretty cool.

Besides, I will be in Europe Nov. 20th thru Dec. 5th doing dates with SHAMELESS and had a possible CWA thing in mid Dec. that might have prevented us from doing it regardless.

Thanks for the props.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Postby MetalSludgeCEO » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:14 pm

!
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MetalSludgeCEO

?
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MetalSludgeCEO

Whacko does Jacko in Waco! ;-)

DOUCHE GONE WILD
Sebastian Bach on Skid Row: “How many singers have they had now? Seven?”
#SebastianBach #SkidRow #DoucheGoneWild #MetalSludge
http://metalsludge.tv/douche-gone-wild- ... now-seven/

$ludge

Return to “The Original Gossip Board”