Paul Di'Anno in prime form

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Negative
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Paul Di'Anno in prime form

Post by Negative » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 pm

This video never gets old.

Paul Di'Anno - Charlotte the Harlot (with subtitles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cejrdsJ ... UcqUv7BkAA
RoyalSlack
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Paul Di'Anno in prime form

Post by RoyalSlack » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 pm

That's really sad.
"Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends." -Tom Waits
JinglesTheChristmasMouse
Headlining Clubs

Post by JinglesTheChristmasMouse » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Was it comedy night ?
Could you, would you, with a goat? (Sam-I-am)
Vinnie Vincent's Wig
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by Vinnie Vincent's Wig » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:06 am

I laugh at those who say otherwise to the fact that Maiden wouldn’t have been much more than a footnote in the metal world had Di’Anno stayed in the band. Like Dickinson or not but he was an integral part for the band reaching the masses. Di’Anno’s voice ( even back when he kinda had one ) was flat and not very punchy. Combine that with his shitty ass attitude and the writing was on the wall for him.
Last edited by Vinnie Vincent's Wig on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBagel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MrBagel » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:53 am

the subtitles were great

Nice quality footage considering the obvious
"WE'RE FUCKIN' ARTISTS! WE'RE SENSITIVE AS SHIT!!" -Philthy "Animal" Taylor
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:30 am

wow...I think he gives ol Vince a run for his money.
Whatever Happened To…
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Whatever Happened To… » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:17 am

I feel sorry for the poor cunt. He's surely the most depressing person in rock music by a long way.

Have a listen to this recent interview with him and tell me you'd swap places with him for even one day. Tragic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxwb2LK0j6s

Basically his body is fucked and he spent eight months in hospital, then went to what sounds like a hospice with elderly dementia patients to recover. Now he spends his days at home in a wheelchair sitting in his own piss. No, really. Listen to the entire interview, it's awful.
Anthrax442
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Anthrax442 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Whatever Happened To… wrote:I feel sorry for the poor cunt. He's surely the most depressing person in rock music by a long way.

Have a listen to this recent interview with him and tell me you'd swap places with him for even one day. Tragic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxwb2LK0j6s

Basically his body is fucked and he spent eight months in hospital, then went to what sounds like a hospice with elderly dementia patients to recover. Now he spends his days at home in a wheelchair sitting in his own piss. No, really. Listen to the entire interview, it's awful.
It would be really nice if the Maiden guys would do a One Off at one of the festivals this year, and have Bruce, Paul and Blaze out there for one night, even if it's just for a few songs. They play material from all three eras, so it's not like they'd have to rehearse much more, and from the looks of it, Paul isn't going to be around much longer. It wouldn't kill Smallwood and Harris to throw them a bone, and the fans would like it.

And hey, an ACTUAL reason to buy their 20th live album, or whatever they're up to now.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Whatever Happened To…
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Whatever Happened To… » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Anthrax442 wrote:
Whatever Happened To… wrote:I feel sorry for the poor cunt. He's surely the most depressing person in rock music by a long way.

It would be really nice if the Maiden guys would do a One Off at one of the festivals this year, and have Bruce, Paul and Blaze out there for one night, even if it's just for a few songs. They play material from all three eras, so it's not like they'd have to rehearse much more, and from the looks of it, Paul isn't going to be around much longer. It wouldn't kill Smallwood and Harris to throw them a bone, and the fans would like it.

And hey, an ACTUAL reason to buy their 20th live album, or whatever they're up to now.
The sentiment is nice enough, but Paul sounds like total shit now and tracks like Running Free just wouldn't have the same impact sung by a massively overweight cripple in a wheelchair. Piss/merch break for 90% of the audience.

I can't see any of the band even entertaining the idea, least of all Harris.
infamous

Post by infamous » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm

I am starting a Maiden Di'Anno era tribute band. But we're having trouble coming up with a name.
Any help would be great.

A few suggested

Rolling Free

Pauls Pampers
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:06 pm

infamous wrote:I am starting a Maiden Di'Anno era tribute band. But we're having trouble coming up with a name.
Any help would be great.

A few suggested

Rolling Free

Pauls Pampers
Growler
JohnnyDouche
Headlining Clubs

Post by JohnnyDouche » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:51 pm

infamous wrote:I am starting a Maiden Di'Anno era tribute band. But we're having trouble coming up with a name.
Any help would be great.

A few suggested

Rolling Free

Pauls Pampers
Paul Di'Anno's DodoZone
They try to change you...
Crush and break you!
infamous

Post by infamous » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:56 pm

RoyalSlack wrote:That's really sad.

Sad? More like pathetic. The clown pissed his life and career down the toilet. Im sure he blames everyone and everything for his lot in life. Typical addict.
RoyalSlack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RoyalSlack » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm

infamous wrote:

Sad? More like pathetic. The clown pissed his life and career down the toilet. Im sure he blames everyone and everything for his lot in life. Typical addict.

The best part is how he sold his publishing royalties for the first two Maiden albums for a paltry few grand, not terribly long before they were reissued.

Stupid.
"Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends." -Tom Waits
kuken
Headlining Clubs

Post by kuken » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:28 am

some 15 years earlier and even back then he was a bloated mess telling the crowd to
kill his ex wife if they saw here
" if you see my ex wife-you kill the muthafucka"
:shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8wIEJgAVbM
shocked_the_monkey
Born Under a Bad Sign

Post by shocked_the_monkey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am

RoyalSlack wrote:
infamous wrote:

The best part is how he sold his publishing royalties for the first two Maiden albums for a paltry few grand, not terribly long before they were reissued.

Stupid.
If I remember correctly, it was just before the 'Early Days;' tour and DVD. In other words, just before a huge tour which would be playing some songs he was involved in writing. :lol:

He also swindled 45 grand in disability benefits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12717590