Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Yes
32
50%
No
32
50%
 
Total votes: 64
User avatar
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 30243
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 am
Location: Is Everything

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Turner Coates » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:30 pm

risingfarce wrote:
Mojo wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:Yes. Both acts are intended to be tongue-in-cheek, fright show theatrical productions. Alice defined it. He did it with a sense of humor. KISS (and their fans) never seemed to get too far beyond the makeup and took it seriously, like a little kid with Superman comics. The music was rudimentary and secondary. Alice's music outshined the image.

This.

KISS' music came third. The makeup came second. The stage show came first.



Wrong.

In the beginning they had no money for a stage show. They had no makeup for their first show.


So you're saying they were a success after their first show?
Image

“He allowed people to express their racism and bigotry in a way that they haven’t been able to in quite a while and they really love him for that.
The hatred...It’s a fear of your own weakness.” - Fran Lebowitz
risingfarce
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby risingfarce » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:03 pm

Turner Coates wrote:
risingfarce wrote:
Mojo wrote:This.

KISS' music came third. The makeup came second. The stage show came first.



Wrong.

In the beginning they had no money for a stage show. They had no makeup for their first show.


So you're saying they were a success after their first show?


Where did I say that?

They weren't successful until "Alive" went gold, then platinum, then multi-platinum.
User avatar
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 30243
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:09 am
Location: Is Everything

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Turner Coates » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:13 am

risingfarce wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
risingfarce wrote:

Wrong.

In the beginning they had no money for a stage show. They had no makeup for their first show.


So you're saying they were a success after their first show?


Where did I say that?

They weren't successful until "Alive" went gold, then platinum, then multi-platinum.


Face it, KISS is kid's stuff.....junk food with no nutritional value. Gotta grow up sometime, kid. That shit will stunt yer growth.
Image

“He allowed people to express their racism and bigotry in a way that they haven’t been able to in quite a while and they really love him for that.
The hatred...It’s a fear of your own weakness.” - Fran Lebowitz
User avatar
magnersman
Pimping Your Demo At Shows
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:29 am

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby magnersman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:28 pm

risingfarce wrote:
They weren't successful until "Alive" went gold, then platinum, then multi-platinum.


According to RIAA alive is certified as gold
risingfarce
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby risingfarce » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Turner Coates wrote:
risingfarce wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
So you're saying they were a success after their first show?


Where did I say that?

They weren't successful until "Alive" went gold, then platinum, then multi-platinum.


Face it, KISS is kid's stuff.....junk food with no nutritional value. Gotta grow up sometime, kid. That shit will stunt yer growth.


Nope. You don't like them. Don't care.
risingfarce
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby risingfarce » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:06 pm

magnersman wrote:
risingfarce wrote:
They weren't successful until "Alive" went gold, then platinum, then multi-platinum.


According to RIAA alive is certified as gold


"Alive" has sold over 4 million copies in the U.S. and over 3 million internationally.

The lp has never been re-certified by the RIAA and most likely never will.
User avatar
Mojo
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11507
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Mojo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:12 pm

risingfarce wrote:Nope. You don't like them. Don't care.


Bullshit. You care so, so much. You respond to almost every single post of anyone saying anything even slightly derogatory about Kiss. You will literally post ten times in a row, in separate posts, to respond to every single poster. You saying you don't care is beyond hilarious.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
risingfarce
MSX Tour Support Act
Posts: 4101
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby risingfarce » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Mojo wrote:
risingfarce wrote:Nope. You don't like them. Don't care.


Bullshit. You care so, so much. You respond to almost every single post of anyone saying anything even slightly derogatory about Kiss. You will literally post ten times in a row, in separate posts, to respond to every single poster. You saying you don't care is beyond hilarious.



Says the drama queen on this board.

Go post some more misinformation.
User avatar
HueyRamone
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 16680
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby HueyRamone » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:28 pm

risingfarce wrote:
Mojo wrote:
risingfarce wrote:Nope. You don't like them. Don't care.


Bullshit. You care so, so much. You respond to almost every single post of anyone saying anything even slightly derogatory about Kiss. You will literally post ten times in a row, in separate posts, to respond to every single poster. You saying you don't care is beyond hilarious.



Says the drama queen on this board.

Go post some more misinformation.



Yeah, Moshite. My and my main homeboy Rising Farce have had quite enough of your shite. One more derogatory word about Paul Stanley outta you and you'll regret it. Now, if you have any serious KISS questions we'll be happy to answer facts and set you straight. Since we aren't on here all day, we may have to answer them each individually an a big group, but rest assured we'll get to it.

Long live Kiss and Fuck Aeroshite, Dead Leopard, and Motley Shite. See what happened there? We portamntaued those bands name with shite so everyone knows they're shite. It's funny!
Is it Dokken Day? http://isitdokkenday.com/
User avatar
Mojo
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11507
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Mojo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:42 pm

HueyRamone wrote:Long live Kiss

Only the members that don't drink, smoke, or have any fun, whatsoever. Especially the flounciest, fakest one and the one who supports Donald Trump and would sell his kids if anyone offered to buy them. Suuuuper cool.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
HueyRamone
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 16680
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby HueyRamone » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Mojo wrote:
HueyRamone wrote:Long live Kiss

Only the members that don't drink, smoke, or have any fun, whatsoever. Especially the flounciest, fakest one and the one who supports Donald Trump and would sell his kids if anyone offered to buy them. Suuuuper cool.


Free advice. Never wear an Iron Maiden shirt if you interview them. It's very disrespectful.
Is it Dokken Day? http://isitdokkenday.com/
User avatar
Mojo
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11507
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Mojo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:52 pm

HueyRamone wrote:Free advice. Never wear an Iron Maiden shirt if you interview them. It's very disrespectful.

Don't worry, I would never presume that a band of that magnitude would be secure enough in their legacy to allow it.
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
Olds_71_442
Opening Act in Arenas
Posts: 6887
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Olds_71_442 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:55 pm

risingfarce wrote:
Mojo wrote:
risingfarce wrote:Nope. You don't like them. Don't care.


Bullshit. You care so, so much. You respond to almost every single post of anyone saying anything even slightly derogatory about Kiss. You will literally post ten times in a row, in separate posts, to respond to every single poster. You saying you don't care is beyond hilarious.



Says the drama queen on this board.

Go post some more misinformation.

None of those comments were misinformation. That is exactly what you do.
User avatar
Mojo
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11507
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Oceanside, CA
Contact:

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Mojo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Olds_71_442 wrote:None of those comments were misinformation. That is exactly what you do.

Please be careful. I couldn't bare to see your name besmirched as "Olds_71_44Shite."
SikkiNixx wrote:my cool rock jeans were now stained with clit -blood

Image Image
User avatar
burntweenysludgewich
Winning Local Battle of the Bands
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:49 am

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby burntweenysludgewich » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:41 am

Turner Coates wrote:Gotta grow up sometime, kid.


says someone on a hair metal forum
User avatar
HueyRamone
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 16680
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby HueyRamone » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:32 am

Mojo wrote:
Olds_71_442 wrote:None of those comments were misinformation. That is exactly what you do.

Please be careful. I couldn't bare to see your name besmirched as "Olds_71_44Shite."



That rolls off the tongue! I may name my next dog that.
Is it Dokken Day? http://isitdokkenday.com/
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 19746
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:04 am

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Tommy2Tone84 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 pm

risingfarce wrote:Lyrically KISS' music had nothing to do with what Alice and Ezrin were writing.

KISS' music was mainly influenced by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Slade, Humble Pie, and Jimi Hendrix.

The only similarity between KISS and Alice, stage-wise, is wearing makeup. And just to be clear, Alice didn't come up with that idea.


Image



Agreed. Alice sometimes gets a little too much credit while Arthur Brown doesn't get nearly enough. Without him I'm not so sure Alice, KISS or King Diamond would've been quite the same. Alice ripped off Brown's eyes and mouth makeup design while KISS took the clown white face and penchant for pyromania straight from him.
Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
Dude, I played in punk bands for 10 years. Try me.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 19746
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:04 am

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Tommy2Tone84 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Funz wrote:Alice Cooper Band 1969-1974 is so much better than pretty much all other Hard rock music it's not even funny


KISS 1974-1978 > ACB 1968-1974
Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
Dude, I played in punk bands for 10 years. Try me.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 19746
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:04 am

Re: Do you think KISS would have existed without the influence of Alice Cooper?

Postby Tommy2Tone84 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Turner Coates wrote:
risingfarce wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
So you're saying they were a success after their first show?


Where did I say that?

They weren't successful until "Alive" went gold, then platinum, then multi-platinum.


Face it, KISS is kid's stuff.....junk food with no nutritional value. Gotta grow up sometime, kid. That shit will stunt yer growth.



I could say the same about Alice. Kiss at least went platinum in the '70s. Alice never did.

Image
Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
Dude, I played in punk bands for 10 years. Try me.

Return to “The Original Gossip Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALMOSTsaved, Darkmist, Die My Darling, Google Adsense [Bot], kevind2112, keyofgee, MrRocker, NeverSurrender, shedkid, SW, VincesGarterbelt and 47 guests