UFC 296 - Dec. 16th 2023 ... Stacked Card w. Ferguson Vs: Pimblett, Edwards Vs: Covington and many other bouts

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: UFC #279 Sept. 10th... Khamzat Vs: Nate Diaz, Tony Ferguson in the Co-main & Kevin Holland on the card too!

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

pieceofme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:55 pm
mullet_head wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:33 pm Diaz vs Ferguson was a great fight.
I think both the Diaz bros would have way more wins if the fights had no time limit like in early UFCs. Both have a Rocky Balboa like ability to receive massive punishment and keep coming at you.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:07 pm Li is kind of getting the short end of this deal, as he's fighting a guy 10 lbs heavier than he is...
Also, I feel like he should have gotten an unanimous decision win here.

Dang, dude got screwed with this whole deal. He was gonna build a railroad and run a train on Ferguson.
I had him winning 29-28. A lot of people did. Even Dana thought he had won.

Yeah, he got screwed in this card in so many ways.
Agree... Li won ALL 3 rounds... and a minimum of 2... how they gave D. Rod that win is beyond me!

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: UFC #279 9/10/22... Nate Diaz V: Tony Ferguson is the Main Event & Khamzat Chimaev V: Kevin Holland as Co-Main!

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

FreddyFender wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:06 pm Nat looks and sounds like he's in his fifties.

I don't think there's much interest for Diaz in boxing IMO. If Jake Paul beats Silva, and that is a huge motherfucking if, Diaz-Paul would be a successful event. But I don't see him doing anything outside that.

I think Diaz just goes over to PFL to be honest. I'd LOVE for Diaz to go over to BKB, but I don't think they have the cash to sign him.

Nate is basically going to try and do, and follow what Conor did... and that is go do some 1-off event, and make a bunch of cash.

Conor made a mega fortune off that Mayweather fight... and whether Jake Paul is a youtoober or not, or taken seriously or not, the reality is, he has HUGE numbers on his side.

If Nate fights Jake Paul, there is a lot of money to be made... and no, Jake and Nate, or Silva, are not going to make the same money that Floyd & Conor did, but still a LOT!

You can also bet, that Conor sees this as an opportunity as well, to do a fight with Nate, and maybe cut out the UFC side of it, and make money off their own event. But I would like to think their Trilogy Fight would, or should be in the UFC!

PFL don't have the money to sign Nate either... and those Bareknuckle clowns are not worth his time. I watched some of those BK events, they are mostly useless. The early on bouts are laughable, it's basically a couple of TUFFMAN contest hicks or Prison dudes swinging like crazy until someone drops, but for $4.99 I guess it was worth signing up!

Did you see the one with the 2 chicks headlining a few weeks back? The blond skinny tattooed chick talking mad smack for a month or more before her fight, dissing the opponent, then 20 seconds into their fight gets punched and starts crying saying "I can't do it"... it was one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen in watching any of these events.

Here she is... Taylor "Killer Bee" Starling... cute Skinny blond, tats, etc.... >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7qwNtK-1Jo

But... when she stepped up in class, this happened. Lol

Watch Miss Hard Ass cry like a 1st grader after getting worked! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfQqeNGS6_8

$tEvil :D
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Re: UFC #279 9/10/22... Nate Diaz V: Tony Ferguson is the Main Event & Khamzat Chimaev V: Kevin Holland as Co-Main!

Post by FreddyFender »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:27 pm
FreddyFender wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:06 pm Nat looks and sounds like he's in his fifties.

I don't think there's much interest for Diaz in boxing IMO. If Jake Paul beats Silva, and that is a huge motherfucking if, Diaz-Paul would be a successful event. But I don't see him doing anything outside that.

I think Diaz just goes over to PFL to be honest. I'd LOVE for Diaz to go over to BKB, but I don't think they have the cash to sign him.

Nate is basically going to try and do, and follow what Conor did... and that is go do some 1-off event, and make a bunch of cash.

Conor made a mega fortune off that Mayweather fight... and whether Jake Paul is a youtoober or not, or taken seriously or not, the reality is, he has HUGE numbers on his side.

If Nate fights Jake Paul, there is a lot of money to be made... and no, Jake and Nate, or Silva, are not going to make the same money that Floyd & Conor did, but still a LOT!

You can also bet, that Conor sees this as an opportunity as well, to do a fight with Nate, and maybe cut out the UFC side of it, and make money off their own event. But I would like to think their Trilogy Fight would, or should be in the UFC!

PFL don't have the money to sign Nate either... and those Bareknuckle clowns are not worth his time. I watched some of those BK events, they are mostly useless. The early on bouts are laughable, it's basically a couple of TUFFMAN contest hicks or Prison dudes swinging like crazy until someone drops, but for $4.99 I guess it was worth signing up!

Did you see the one with the 2 chicks headlining a few weeks back? The blond skinny tattooed chick talking mad smack for a month or more before her fight, dissing the opponent, then 20 seconds into their fight gets punched and starts crying saying "I can't do it"... it was one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen in watching any of these events.

Here she is... Taylor "Killer Bee" Starling... cute Skinny blond, tats, etc.... >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7qwNtK-1Jo

Watch Miss Hard Ass cry like a 1st grader after getting worked! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfQqeNGS6_8

Oh yeah, that shit was HILARIOUS.

And yeah I mostly agree, just that BKFC is a place Nate would fucking thrive in lol. They would probably give him a huge chunk of the upside in a PPV so he'd make way more than he ever made in UFC.

Did you see Paige VanZant and Rachael Ostovich rematched in BKFC? Ostovich was a (smoking hot) bum in MMA, but it turns out that girl has HANDS. Beat VanZadnt all around the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyQbM7xTPfo

I'm thinking Silva is the end of the road for Jake Paul, and no one is going to give a shit about Jake Paul if he loses.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nate Diaz ends up in a exhibition with Mayweather tbh. Floyd burns through cash like nobodies business and it would easily net 10-20mil payday for Nate. Floyd has been looking to make another fight with McGregor but Dana White poured cold water on it.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

FreddyFender wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:52 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:27 pm

Oh yeah, that shit was HILARIOUS.

And yeah I mostly agree, just that BKFC is a place Nate would fucking thrive in lol. They would probably give him a huge chunk of the upside in a PPV so he'd make way more than he ever made in UFC.

Did you see Paige VanZant and Rachael Ostovich rematched in BKFC? Ostovich was a (smoking hot) bum in MMA, but it turns out that girl has HANDS. Beat VanZadnt all around the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyQbM7xTPfo

I'm thinking Silva is the end of the road for Jake Paul, and no one is going to give a shit about Jake Paul if he loses.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nate Diaz ends up in a exhibition with Mayweather tbh. Floyd burns through cash like nobodies business and it would easily net 10-20mil payday for Nate. Floyd has been looking to make another fight with McGregor but Dana White poured cold water on it.
Yeah... I saw Paige fight on here a few times... she's WAY hotter when she weighs 115... she clearly has the ability to go Kelly Clarkson on us. Haha.

Wait another 10 years, and Paige is gonna look like Paige Bertinelli.

$tEvil
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Re: UFC #279 Sept. 10th... Khamzat Vs: Nate Diaz, Tony Ferguson in the Co-main & Kevin Holland on the card too!

Post by mullet_head »

DiamondDog wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:22 pm
mullet_head wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:33 pm Both have a Rocky Balboa like ability to receive massive punishment and keep coming at you.
Taking massive amounts of punishment (to the head) over the course of his career certainly shone through in that post fight interview.
To be fair he was never the brightest or the most eloquent. Sure, all those blows to the head aren't going to help, but let's be honest, he was never mail carrier material.
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

mullet_head wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:10 am
DiamondDog wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:22 pm
mullet_head wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:33 pm Both have a Rocky Balboa like ability to receive massive punishment and keep coming at you.
Taking massive amounts of punishment (to the head) over the course of his career certainly shone through in that post fight interview.
To be fair he was never the brightest or the most eloquent. Sure, all those blows to the head aren't going to help, but let's be honest, he was never mail carrier material.
Yeah, I'm thinking the career with a job description of "punch the other guy in the face and try not to let him punch yours too much" isn't rife with Mensa members.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

This card is JACKED full of badass fights... who is tuning in?

I will be... and the early prelims start at 11:00AM (PST) which is a perfect way to spend my Saturday afternoon while packing for Brazil.

Who you taking?

UFC 280

Lightweight·Main event
Charles Oliveira 33 - 8 - 0 , 1NC Vs: Islam Makhachev 22 - 1 - 0 ( I want Charles)

Bantamweight·Co-main
Aljamain Sterling 21 - 3 - 0 Vs: T.J. Dillashaw 18 - 4 - 0 (TJ is a bitch, I hope he gets KO'd)

Bantamweight
Petr Yan 16 - 3 - 0 Vs: Sean O'Malley 15 - 1 - 0 , 1NC (The Sugar Show rules, he's Glam too)

Lightweight
Beneil Dariush 21 - 4 - 1 Vs: Mateusz Gamrot 21 - 1 - 0 , 1NC (Beneil is the MOST unassuming bad ass fighter I've ever seen.. looks like a school nerd, with a weird body but annihilates people... I am picking him)

The card is the most stacked of the year for sure...

$tEvil
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:18 am I will be... and the early prelims start at 11:00AM (PST) which is a perfect way to spend my Saturday afternoon while packing for Brazil.
$tEvil double check the times. ESPN.com lists prelims starting at 7:30am pst. Don't want you to miss any fights. (Main Card 11:00am pst)
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

gtshark1 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:36 am
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:18 am I will be... and the early prelims start at 11:00AM (PST) which is a perfect way to spend my Saturday afternoon while packing for Brazil.
$tEvil double check the times. ESPN.com lists prelims starting at 7:30am pst. Don't want you to miss any fights. (Main Card 11:00am pst)
HA!

I JUST Checked... and realized the MAIN events start at 11AM, and pre-lims at 7:00AM (PST)

I am on it... thanks for the heads up here too!

This card is epic!

$tEvil
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:25 am
gtshark1 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:36 am
HA!

I JUST Checked... and realized the MAIN events start at 11AM, and pre-lims at 7:00AM (PST)

I am on it... thanks for the heads up here too!

This card is epic!

$tEvil
Yep. Best card on paper for a while. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: UFC #280 10/22/22 ... Oliviera Vs: Islam, Dillishaw Vs: Sterling, O'malley Vs: Yan, and more!

Post by jens »

Can't wait to see Yan kill O'Malley!
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Re: UFC #280 10/22/22 ... Oliviera Vs: Islam, Dillishaw Vs: Sterling, O'malley Vs: Yan, and more!

Post by mullet_head »

jens wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:13 am Can't wait to see Yan kill O'Malley!
He didn't kill him but I had him winning the fight. When I realized it was going to be a split decision I knew it was bullshit.
It was an awesome fight and O'Malley had his moments but Yan got robbed imo.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

mullet_head wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:03 pm
He didn't kill him but I had him winning the fight. When I realized it was going to be a split decision I knew it was bullshit.
Definitely.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jens »

mullet_head wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:03 pm
For sure a robbery, but O'malley did much better than I expected. His striking held up against a great opponent.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

This Sat. is UFC #281... who is watching?

I will be tuning in after spending the last few weekends in Brazil, I am stoked to be home... in California... a little rain, a bit chilly, but ALL GOOD!

Sat. Nov. 12th 2022 = UFC #281

Middle weight·Main event
Israel Adesanya 23 - 1 - 0 Vs: Alex Pereira 6 - 1 - 0 (How did a guy at 6-1, get this headline card spot against this guy? )

Women Straww eight·Co-main
Carla Esparza 20 - 6 - 0 Vs: Weili Zhang 22 - 3 - 0 (Zhang will DESTROY her and fast...)

Light weight
Dustin Poirier 28 - 7 - 0 , 1NC Vs: Michael Chandler 23 - 7 - 0 (Chandler is an arrogant F#@k... not a big fan, but, I think he might KO Dustin here)

Bantam weight
Frankie Edgar 23 - 10 - 1 Vs: Chris Gutierrez 18 - 3 - 2 (Edgar is 41 years old.. he's going to get owned here)

Light weight
Dan Hooker 21 - 12 - 0 Vs: Claudio Puelles 13 - 2 - 0 ( I like Hooker... don't know much about this other guy though... go Dan)

Lots of good fights, a solid card for sure...

$tEvil
HueyRamone

Re: UFC 281 11/9/22 ... Israel Adesanya Vs: Alex Pereira - Poirier Vs: Chandler - Edgar Vs: Gutierrez - Hooker Vs: Pue

Post by HueyRamone »

I thought, since you wrote this- Rhonda Rousey was fighting again, since it said Hooker vs. Puelles.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Hellbentforfeathers
Opening Act in Local Bars

Re: UFC 281 11/9/22 ... Israel Adesanya Vs: Alex Pereira - Poirier Vs: Chandler - Edgar Vs: Gutierrez - Hooker Vs: Pue

Post by Hellbentforfeathers »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:35 am I thought, since you wrote this- Rhonda Rousey was fighting again, since it said Hooker vs. Puelles.
Police and Naggerz
Get outta my way
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:21 am Middle weight·Main event
Israel Adesanya 23 - 1 - 0 Vs: Alex Pereira 6 - 1 - 0 (How did a guy at 6-1, get this headline card spot against this guy? )
He knocked out Israel a few years ago, that's why he got the spot.

The UFC wanted to this before Alex gets wrestle fucked.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

UFC has been killing it this year. Quality event after quality event.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Really hope Pereira knocks Adesanya out, but it will probably be a boring decision win for Adesanya.

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Bump! Anyone watching 285 with Bones vs Gane tomorrow night? Should be an interesting card.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:16 pm Bump! Anyone watching 285 with Bones vs Gane tomorrow night? Should be an interesting card.

I've been out of the UFC loop for the last few months... between Australia and Thailand... but... I am BACK home...

So yeah... I will be watching tomorrow... not sure who I want in any of these bouts yet, I will check in on Saturday...

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: UFC 285 3/4/2023 .. John Jones VsL Cyril Gane, Valentina Vs: Grasso, Neal Vs: Rahkmonov & more

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

today, 7:00 PM - UFC 285

Heavyweight·Main event
Jon Jones 26 - 1 - 0 , 1NC Vs: Ciryl Gane 11 - 1 - 0

Women Flyweight·Co-main
Valentina Shevchenko 23 - 3 - 0 Vs: Alexa Grasso 15 - 3 - 0

Welterweight
Geoff Neal 15 - 4 - 0 Vs: Shavkat Rakhmonov 16 - 0 - 0

Who ya got?

$tEvil
HueyRamone

Re: UFC @ 285 3/4/2023 .. John Jones Vs Cyril Gane, Valentina Vs: Grasso, Neal Vs: Rahkmonov & more

Post by HueyRamone »

My main squeeze, krygistanni/Peruvian badass Shevchenko for the easy win!

Other than that Bones Jones is the GOAT, never had a true loss,and he’s gonna lose to a guy who’s 1-0?, but not sure how the time off/weight gain has treated him. My pick is he wins, only later for peds to come out .
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Re: UFC @ 285 3/4/2023 .. John Jones Vs Cyril Gane, Valentina Vs: Grasso, Neal Vs: Rahkmonov & more

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Jone Jones has looked mortal in his last few fights. 2 of his last 3 he debatedly lost. He's lost the creativity he exhibited earlier in his career and his wrestling has been mostly non-existent lately. On top of that, he's fighting after 3 years off, putting on 50 pounds, in a five-round fight against a guy who is naturally bigger, moves well for a heavyweight, and has a distinguished striking background. Jon is also fighting out of a different training camp. He's no longer with the team who lead him to all those victories. There's A LOT to consider here.

I think time's up for Jon. He was going to lose this one. If it was against Francis, it would be a nasty KO. But with Cyril, likely a decision...potentially a KO.

Shevchenko is fighting too. Always a good one to watch. she looked mortal in her last fight as well. Hoping she turns it back on tonight. Couldn't care less for the rest of the card.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I think I might spend money on this event.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Stacked card. Been a while since the last legit one.

Predictions in bold:

Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones vs. Ciryl Gane (Jones too smart and Gane was taken down by Ngannou multiple times lol)
Women's Flyweight Championship bout: Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Alexa Grasso (Actually think this will be close, but going for the champ)
Welterweight bout: Geoff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov (Good test for Shavkat but he should prevail quite easily)
Lightweight bout: Mateusz Gamrot vs. Jalin Turner (I don't rate Gamrot that highly and think he is too one dimensional. I think Turner wins this easily)
Middleweight bout: Bo Nickal vs. Jamie Pickett (Actually have no idea about this one! But let's go for the new guy!)

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Welp...was wrong on my prediction. I thought Gane would be able to stay at range better. One mistake is all it takes.

Sad to see Valentina go down. She'll bounce back and get the belt back soon enough.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

EddieVanHeineken wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:48 pm Welp...was wrong on my prediction. I thought Gane would be able to stay at range better. One mistake is all it takes.

Sad to see Valentina go down. She'll bounce back and get the belt back soon enough.
I had a feeling if Gane was off his feet, he would be F'd. And that seemed to be the case... most of those big heavy-weight guys, are useless on their back!

As for Valentina, I was happy to see her lose... while I respect her, and think she's a great fighter... she's a bit arrogant for my liking... happy to see the Mexican cuties choke her out!

How about Conor ring-side? He looks like Chris Angel meets Carrot-Top with the botox... holy F#@k! :D

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:41 am My main squeeze, krygistanni/Peruvian badass Shevchenko for the easy win!

Other than that Bones Jones is the GOAT, never had a true loss,and he’s gonna lose to a guy who’s 1-0?, but not sure how the time off/weight gain has treated him. My pick is he wins, only later for peds to come out .
Jones def looked a bit sloppy... Fat as F#@k for sure...

I heard on a podcast they said he got up to 267... that's almost 20 pounds heavier and it looked like MOST of it, was in his stomach. Ha.

My guess is he will drop 10 lbs when he fights Stipe... which looks to be the next fight.... with both of them around 235-240

$tEvil