UFC 296 - Dec. 16th 2023 ... Stacked Card w. Ferguson Vs: Pimblett, Edwards Vs: Covington and many other bouts

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: UFC @ 285 3/4/2023 .. John Jones Vs Cyril Gane, Valentina Vs: Grasso, Neal Vs: Rahkmonov & more

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

How about Cody "No Love" Garbrandt?

Happy he got the win... he is def fun to watch, especially for a light-weight guy... his movement is sick... so clean, and natural.

Those few KO's he had, when he caught the guy and immediately looked away or up, as if to say, "Later" and walked away were epic.

However... he also took a few really bad KO's and looked like he had a glass chin when he got in those slugging wars.

I want to see him fight Tj Dillashaw again... and win... clearly Tj was using MAX roids, he was like 135 pounds, and had the muscles of a 175 pounder... wasn't shocked when he came up positive.

$tEvil
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: UFC @ 285 3/4/2023 .. John Jones Vs Cyril Gane, Valentina Vs: Grasso, Neal Vs: Rahkmonov & more

Post by pieceofme »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:11 pm How about Cody "No Love" Garbrandt?

Happy he got the win... he is def fun to watch, especially for a light-weight guy... his movement is sick... so clean, and natural.

Those few KO's he had, when he caught the guy and immediately looked away or up, as if to say, "Later" and walked away were epic.

However... he also took a few really bad KO's and looked like he had a glass chin when he got in those slugging wars.

I want to see him fight Tj Dillashaw again... and win... clearly Tj was using MAX roids, he was like 135 pounds, and had the muscles of a 175 pounder... wasn't shocked when he came up positive.

$tEvil
Not a good fight this card. Big step down in competition. A repeat of the Kai Kara France fight except Trevin Jones isn't good. Cody has pretty much transitioned to a low-output fighter to avoid engagements.

Not an inspiring performance by Cody.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:27 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:11 pm How about Cody "No Love" Garbrandt?

$tEvil
Not a good fight this card. Big step down in competition. A repeat of the Kai Kara France fight except Trevin Jones isn't good. Cody has pretty much transitioned to a low-output fighter to avoid engagements.

Not an inspiring performance by Cody.

Yeah, I get that... saw the opponents record, was like 13-9... right?

But... my guess is, he, his team and even Dana and Matt at the UFC, didn't want one of their once Champions, to take yet another L... so they went with the safe fight.

Also... Cody did seem a bit hesitant to really engage... and perhaps, if he did, if he caught that guy, it was lights out, as Cody has that power.

But as I noted above... he also has shown to be capable of eating one the same and being KO'd.

$tEvil
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

288 tonight with Sterling vs. Cejudo. Who ya got?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

^ google to look up those dorks

Priest putting Bunny guy into flaming table
Cody more family disappointment
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Who is watching the UFC today...?

Middleweight·Main event
Marvin Vettori 19 - 6 - 1 Vs: Jared Cannonier 16 - 6 - 0

Lightweight·Co-main
Arman Tsarukyan 19 - 3 - 0 Vs: Joaquim Silva 12 - 4 - 0

Middleweight
Armen Petrosyan 8 - 2 - 0 Vs: Christian Leroy Duncan 8 - 0 - 0

Featherweight
Pat Sabatini 17 - 4 - 0 Vs: Lucas Almeida 14 - 1 - 0

Lightweight
Manuel Torres 13 - 2 - 0 Vs: Nikolas Motta 13 - 4 - 0

Welterweight
Nicolas Dalby 21 - 4 - 1 , 2NC Vs: Muslim Salikhov 19 - 3 - 0

I don't recognize 0-90% of these guys by name... but... I guess every even can't be a PPV banger!

$tEvil
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Re: UFC 289 - 6/17/23 ... Marvin Vettori Vs: Jared Cannonier, and 20 other no-name fighters?

Post by gtshark1 »

UFC 290 Saturday. I'm heading over to T-mobile in a few hours for the press conference and attending UFC X (Convention) tomorrow.
pieceofme

Re: UFC 289 - 6/17/23 ... Marvin Vettori Vs: Jared Cannonier, and 20 other no-name fighters?

Post by pieceofme »

gtshark1 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:29 am UFC 290 Saturday. I'm heading over to T-mobile in a few hours for the press conference and attending UFC X (Convention) tomorrow.
Best and most exciting card for a while. Feels like months tbh!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

The press conference was a cool experience. Good energy for a big card. Bonus having GSP there to announce his return to combat sport.

UFC X was crazy packed. I had one goal which was to meet Arlovski. Accomplished as I got in his line/stage as soon as I got in. After that it was impossible to meet other fighters as their individual meet and greet lines were stupid long and there was no way to get in another stage session lime in time. Saw the DC and RC show, and they had Chandler and Usman as guests. Overall, the general admission ticket gets you access to experiences like taking pics with championship belts, octagon, etc. If one goes to meet fighters, the VIP ticket is needed for those doing stage time but even those lines were ridiculous. Meeting fighters at individual booths require getting in lines hours prior to appearance times amd still waiting. Overall, great time to be in Vegas during International Fight Week. Couple free access events (Press Cinference/Weigh-in), UFC X is fun for $25 GA and overall energy around UFC is cool.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Big PPV card tonight... who is going to tune into UFC 290?

UFC 290
Featherweight·Main event
Alexander Volkanovski 25 - 2 - 0 Vs: YairRodríguez 16 - 3 - 0 , 1NC

Flyweight·Co-main
Brandon Moreno 21 - 6 - 2 Vs: Alexandre Pantoja 25 - 5 - 0

Middleweight
Robert Whittaker 25 - 6 - 0 Vs: Dricus Du Plessis 19 - 2 - 0

And a ton of other solid fights...

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

gtshark1 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:59 pm The press conference was a cool experience. Good energy for a big card. Bonus having GSP there to announce his return to combat sport.

UFC X was crazy packed. I had one goal which was to meet Arlovski. Accomplished as I got in his line/stage as soon as I got in. After that it was impossible to meet other fighters as their individual meet and greet lines were stupid long and there was no way to get in another stage session lime in time. Saw the DC and RC show, and they had Chandler and Usman as guests. Overall, the general admission ticket gets you access to experiences like taking pics with championship belts, octagon, etc. If one goes to meet fighters, the VIP ticket is needed for those doing stage time but even those lines were ridiculous. Meeting fighters at individual booths require getting in lines hours prior to appearance times amd still waiting. Overall, great time to be in Vegas during International Fight Week. Couple free access events (Press Cinference/Weigh-in), UFC X is fun for $25 GA and overall energy around UFC is cool.
Interesting...

Essentially, it's NAMM for the MMA world... correct?

I"d be into check that out, but not sure I would travel to far for it... maybe Staples Center, or somewhere in LA if they had a similar convention... but Fight Week is a Vegas thing if memory serves me.

$tEvil
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: UFC 290 7/8/2023 ... Volkanovski Vs: Rodríguez - Moreno Vs: Pantoja, Whittaker Vs: Du Plessis & More!

Post by Lobo »

I used to watch UFC all the time. Nowadays, not so much.

They have oversaturated the market to the point where I don't know who any of the fighters are anymore.

There seems to be a card on tv every week and a PPV every other week.

Outside of Jon Jones I have no idea who any of these guys are. Maybe the UFC wants it that way? Sell the brand and not the fighter/personality I guess.

The old guard would get a decent cut of the PPV money, do the current day fighters make out okay?

I feel like they've really cheapened the product by having so many events crammed so close together.

A UFC "event" used to feel like a real can't miss EVENT. Not anymore, there's always another one next week...no big deal.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Re: UFC 290 7/8/2023 ... Volkanovski Vs: Rodríguez - Moreno Vs: Pantoja, Whittaker Vs: Du Plessis & More!

Post by mullet_head »

Lobo wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:33 pm I used to watch UFC all the time. Nowadays, not so much.

They have oversaturated the market to the point where I don't know who any of the fighters are anymore.

There seems to be a card on tv every week and a PPV every other week.

Outside of Jon Jones I have no idea who any of these guys are. Maybe the UFC wants it that way? Sell the brand and not the fighter/personality I guess.

The old guard would get a decent cut of the PPV money, do the current day fighters make out okay?

I feel like they've really cheapened the product by having so many events crammed so close together.

A UFC "event" used to feel like a real can't miss EVENT. Not anymore, there's always another one next week...no big deal.
Same here.
There are a few I like to watch (this Yair kid being one of them) but for the most part I find them boring or don't know who they are.

I think early 2000s were yhe best years snd then the first few years after Pride folded.

Fighters are on a different level now, but for the most part boring af.
Which explains Mc Gregor's popularity. Say what uou will about him, but fucker ain't boring.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

I grew up around boxing, my cousins boxed, used to go to golden gloves tournaments as kids at in hotel ballrooms. Great memories.

When MMA blew up in the late 2000s, I wasn't interested. Saw a few cards, I wasn't militantly against it like a lot of guys, just live and let live.

Since the pandemic ended, I've moved from watching boxing to UFC. Not MMA, just UFC. The reason is just quality man. They put on 10-15 fights in a weekend and the majority of them are exciting and competitive. That is insanely difficult to do. Compare that to boxing or other MMA leagues, where the cards are 5 fights and usually all of them are mismatches.

UFC doesnt make a whole ton of profit, and fighters dont even make very much money compared to boxing, because everything is invested back into the sport. It's great to see. Reminds me of boxing back in the 80s.

Watching the early prelims right now and it's better than any boxing, one championshi[ or bellator main card.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Big PPV this weekend, with Colby Covington and Leon Edwards...

Also, Paddy "The Body" Pimblett is on the card... he's always a goof and hoot for sure, talking smack... lol.

Belal Muhammad also fighting... he's a bad ass too!

Cody Garbrandt also on the card, way down in the Prelims though... I liked him... but he got worked a bunch in the last few years... but at some point he had some insane KO's...

Anyone gonna tune in?

I haven't watched a UFC fight in a few 2-3 or more months... too much going on, no time... but will be buying tomorrow... gonna check it out!

UFC 296
Welterweight·Main event
Leon Edwards 21 - 3 - 0 , 1NC Vs: Colby Covington 17 - 3 - 0

Also on the card...

Flyweight·Co-main
Alexandre Pantoja 26 - 5 - 0 Vs: Brandon Royval 15 - 6 - 0

UFC 296
Welterweight
Shavkat Rakhmonov 17 - 0 - 0 Vs: Stephen Thompson 17 - 6 - 1

UFC 296
Lightweight
Tony Ferguson 26 - 9 - 0 Vs: Paddy Pimblett 20 - 3 - 0

UFC 296
Featherweight
Josh Emmett 18 - 4 - 0 Vs: Bryce Mitchell 16 - 2 - 0

Bantamweight
Cody Garbrandt 13 - 5 - 0 Vs: Brian Kelleher 24 - 14 - 0

Def a stacked card for sure...

$tEvil
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Re: UFC 296 - Dec. 16th 2023 ... Stacked Card w. Ferguson Vs: Pimblett, Edwards Vs: Covington and many other bouts

Post by TeslaFan »

UFC 296
Lightweight
Tony Ferguson 26 - 9 - 0 Vs: Paddy Pimblett 20 - 3 - 0. All these fights should be good. This one is most interesting to me. Ferguson is a legend but this one is do or die for him. He’s gotten the supreme shit knocked out of him his last 4 fights. Paddy is 3-1 favorite in this fight. Very tough guy who walks around between 210-230 but fights way lighter. Tony can take a beating unlike anyone I’ve ever seen and he just might get another tomorrow night. I will root for him not to get hurt.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
pieceofme

Re: UFC 296 - Dec. 16th 2023 ... Stacked Card w. Ferguson Vs: Pimblett, Edwards Vs: Covington and many other bouts

Post by pieceofme »

Yeah this is a great card on paper.

Main card predictions.

Leon Edwards Vs: Colby Covington: Unfortunately I think Colby wins by smothering Edwards :(
Alexandre Pantoja Vs: Brandon Royval: Have no idea who wins this but should be a fun fight. I guess I'll go for the champ.
Shavkat Rakhmonov Vs: Stephen Thompson: Should be Shavkat if he utilises his wrestling and doesn't do something stupid like try and prove himself in stand up against Wonderboy.
Tony Ferguson Vs: Paddy Pimblett: not too sure about this one. This is a big jump in the rankings for Paddy. I don't think he won his last fight. He got the decision but his stock went down. Yet Ferguson is on such a skid and he's 39. I'm going for Paddy in a close weird fight.
Josh Emmett Vs: Bryce Mitchell: I'm taking Bryce. Emmett has that one punch chance, but his TDD isn't great, so I think Bryce wrestles him in a quite boring match.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

prelims ended up being better.

No idea what Colby was doing in those first 3 rounds. And Leon's performance would not have gained him more fans.

Really wrong about the Emmett vs. Bryce Mitchell fight. What a knockout. Bryce was still wobbling a few minutes after the knockout.

MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

That Girl fight was the BEST fight of the night, and Dana gave them that bonus too... well deserved.

Paddy is a weirdo, but... fought better than expected.

Ferguson is toast... time to hang it up...is that 6 or 7 losses in a row?

Colby is a HUGE Jackass, never liked him.. ever... and loved seeing him get owned. Wish Leon would have beat him even worse, and it was not even close.

Colby is delusional too... he really thought he won that? Laughable!

Was nice to see Cody "No Love" get a solid win... he has mad style, some of his KO's, are UFC top end stuff... esp on those look away punches, etc...

And how about that KO by Emmett? Jesus Christ... that guy was convulsing on the canvas, a minute later still.... crazy and scary stuff.

That was the 1st even I watched in a few months... been too busy to tune in, but last night was solid, even though the pre-lims were better than the main card!

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:29 pm prelims ended up being better.

No idea what Colby was doing in those first 3 rounds. And Leon's performance would not have gained him more fans.

Really wrong about the Emmett vs. Bryce Mitchell fight. What a knockout. Bryce was still wobbling a few minutes after the knockout.
All of this!

And again... what a POS Colby is... F that guy!

$tEvil
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

UFC 300 tonight - who are your picks, Sludgers?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:17 pm UFC 300 tonight - who are your picks, Sludgers?
It lived up to the hype. Overall amazing card. The only dud was Sterling vs. Kattar.

mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Even the prelims were main event material.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I watched... so,e good stuff, a bit of great, and that BMF ending was beyond epic!

I like Gaiethje... his fights are usually awesome, the dude has power that is not normal... but that Mule kick to the Nose at the bell in Round 1, changed a lot.

The fact that Max was clear and away going to win, and then he said "Let's go" in the center, was pretty ballsy, as Justin has KO'd many doing exactly that... and then he KO's him with 1 second left on the clock, was Movie-Like! Kudos to Max.

I wanted Jamahal to take out Pereria... but oh well.

I also really wanted Cody Garbrandt to make a statement, but he's run into some VERY bad luck the last few years, losing most of his last many fights!

I just checked, Cody was 11-0 and just destroying people with Highlight KO's, but has since went 3-6. Those first 2 loses, were to TJ Dillishaw, who has since been found to be a cheater, using PEDs and rec'd a 2 year ban! Never liked him... and he looked like he was juice'd out of his mind as well!

Bobby Green is somewhat entertaining... but that fight was gross with Jim Miller... Dana should NOT let Jim fight again, dude is WAY too old, and it's time to go away.

The Chinese chick fight sucked as well... I can't get into these 115 pound broads rolling around for an eternity.

Lastly... who is the Brock Lesnar with tits? Kayla Harrison... tell me she's NOT using steroids after looking at her pics > https://www.thesportster.com/kayla-harr ... f-ufc-300/

F#@K Bo Nickal too... can't wait for someone to sleep that goof.

$tEvil
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:41 pm I watched... so,e good stuff, a bit of great, and that BMF ending was beyond epic!

I like... his fights are usually awesome, the dude has power that is not normal... but that Mule kick to the Nose at the bell in Round 1, changed a lot.

The fact that Max was clear and away going to win, and then he said "Let's go" in the center, was pretty ballsy, as Justin has KO'd many doing exactly that... and then he KO's him with 1 second left on the clock, was Movie-Like! Kudos to Max.

I wanted Jamahal to take out Pereria... but oh well.

I also really wanted Cody Garbrandt to make a statement, but he's run into some VERY bad luck the last few years, losing most of his last many fights!

I just checked, Cody was 11-0 and just destroying people with Highlight KO's, but has since went 3-6. Those first 2 loses, were to TJ Dillishaw, who has since been found to be a cheater, using PEDs and rec'd a 2 year ban! Never liked him... and he looked like he was juice'd out of his mind as well!

Bobby Green is somewhat entertaining... but that fight was gross with Jim Miller... Dana should NOT let Jim fight again, dude is WAY too old, and it's time to go away.

The Chinese chick fight sucked as well... I can't get into these 115 pound broads rolling around for an eternity.

Lastly... who is the Brock Lesnar with tits? Kayla Harrison... tell me she's NOT using steroids after looking at her pics > https://www.thesportster.com/kayla-harr ... f-ufc-300/

F#@K Bo Nickal too... can't wait for someone to sleep that goof.

$tEvil
Got home late and missed the Kayla/Holly fight. Not familiar with Kayla because she’s new to UFC. She may have a penis by the looks of that photo. I’m a huge Justin fan but Max was just too quick. I actually enjoyed the Chinese chicks. They can throw and roll. They could beat the fu$kk out of the both of us.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

I would like to add that ''BMF" belt is a lame title. To listen to middle aged commentators say that the BMF title is on the line as if they were 14 years old was ridiculous. No wonder Trump is always popping up at these events. I know it's MMA, but still...
''BMF" title. Gimme a break.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

mullet_head wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:57 pm I would like to add that ''BMF" belt is a lame title. To listen to middle aged commentators say that the BMF title is on the line as if they were 14 years old was ridiculous. No wonder Trump is always popping up at these events. I know it's MMA, but still...
I think that BMF title name is kinda whack too... BUT... you have to realize that a lot of the fan-base are the same guys who have a Man Cave!

The Pool Table in the basement, the Bar, Beer Lights, etc... everyone running around yelling "He'a BMF bro" is right up their alley!

Regardless of the Name... I think it's a cool little extra "Trophy" of sorts, for select guys to seek out...

There is a lot of money in this sport, and for those who play their cards right, they can make a small fortune and fast.

Max has been in the UFC a long time, and in the past few years looked like he was nearing the end with a 5-4 record... but a few recent wins and this, boosts him back up, kinda like Nate beating Conor.

This BMF fight he got invited to be part of, just pushed his name into the mix for a few more huge paydays.

$tEvil
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:07 am
mullet_head wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:57 pm I would like to add that ''BMF" belt is a lame title. To listen to middle aged commentators say that the BMF title is on the line as if they were 14 years old was ridiculous. No wonder Trump is always popping up at these events. I know it's MMA, but still...
I think that BMF title name is kinda whack too... BUT... you have to realize that a lot of the fan-base are the same guys who have a Man Cave!

The Pool Table in the basement, the Bar, Beer Lights, etc... everyone running around yelling "He'a BMF bro" is right up their alley!
Yeah, they know their target audience for sure.