What's your favourite brand of Beer?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: What's your favourite brand of Beer?

Post by GoodJudge »

DiamondDog wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:27 am No single particular favourite brand, but I love Belgian strong ales. Gold, not dark. My experience with them is limited, since they are scarce in my neck of the woods, but I really like Chimay White, Delirium Tremens, Averbode, and a *really* niche one (first one I ever tried) called Draconis, from a small brewery in Pisa.
If you can find them, Gouden Carolus does awesome beers in that style.
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

Newcastle Brown Ale or Guinness
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:24 am
DiamondDog wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:27 am No single particular favourite brand, but I love Belgian strong ales. Gold, not dark. My experience with them is limited, since they are scarce in my neck of the woods, but I really like Chimay White, Delirium Tremens, Averbode, and a *really* niche one (first one I ever tried) called Draconis, from a small brewery in Pisa.
If you can find them, Gouden Carolus does awesome beers in that style.
Nice, thanks for the tip! It's unlikely I'll find them, being on the far eastern end of Canada, but it's always worth a look.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Busch Light
Coors Light
Old Style
Lone Star

I like good, simple piss. I'm a cheap date.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

tooth wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:10 am
MisterSinister wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:23 pm Lawson’s Finest Liquids “Sip of Sunshine” IPA. It’s absolutely the best beer I’ve ever had. I keep trying new beers, but I’m always disappointed. NOTHING matches Sip of Sunshine. Including the variations of Sip. Original Sip in the yellow van is the greatest.
Have you had Heady Topper from Alchemist or Boom Sauce from Lord Hobo? If not, you should try tracking them down as you may like them.

As I've aged, beer gives me a headache & heartburn & makes me feel like sh!t the next day. It saddens me, cuz I loved it & breweries are everywhere. No way I can hang with anything high alcohol %, IPA or any US domestic. For the most part, I'm all Italian reds & New Zealand whites. If I do order a beer, it's Heineken or Stella or Pilsner Urquel.
I HAVE tried Heady Topper and Boom Sauce! They are pretty great. But Sip is better!
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

Heineken
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

RaceFan3 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:41 pm Busch Light
Coors Light
Old Style
Lone Star

Old Style is awful. Lone Star is absolutely terrible. Why?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by JourneyRules »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:21 pm
Coors Light
Old Style
Lone Star

I like my IPA's and Pale Ales, but when I'm out in the sun at a baseball game, give me an Old Style every time!
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

MisterSinister wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:00 pm
MisterSinister wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:23 pm Lawson’s Finest Liquids “Sip of Sunshine” IPA. It’s absolutely the best beer I’ve ever had. I keep trying new beers, but I’m always disappointed. NOTHING matches Sip of Sunshine. Including the variations of Sip. Original Sip in the yellow van is the greatest.
Have you had Heady Topper from Alchemist or Boom Sauce from Lord Hobo? If not, you should try tracking them down as you may like them.

As I've aged, beer gives me a headache & heartburn & makes me feel like sh!t the next day. It saddens me, cuz I loved it & breweries are everywhere. No way I can hang with anything high alcohol %, IPA or any US domestic. For the most part, I'm all Italian reds & New Zealand whites. If I do order a beer, it's Heineken or Stella or Pilsner Urquel.
I HAVE tried Heady Topper and Boom Sauce! They are pretty great. But Sip is better!
Dang, you are an expert! What about Julius from Treehouse or Sluice Juice from Bentwater?
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Cave Creek Chili beer. Its spicy with a jalapeno in each one. You can gauge the spiciness by how big the pepper is. It used to be sold in stores but now you can only buy it around Cave Creek Arizona so I haven't had it in a very long time.
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

Rolling Rock.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:10 pm Cave Creek Chili beer. Its spicy with a jalapeno in each one. You can gauge the spiciness by how big the pepper is. It used to be sold in stores but now you can only buy it around Cave Creek Arizona so I haven't had it in a very long time.
My second favorite place, after Las Vegas. I'll have to check it out next time I'm there. I lived and hung out on East Cave Creek Road for a few months in early 2021, so Hideaway, Buffalo Chip Saloon, Roadhouse, and Harold's Corral were my favorite places there.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

I enjoy both of those! Overall I enjoy almost all beer.

Light choice = Miller Lite
Medium = Molson Canadian
Normal People Craft Beer = Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Craft Beer = lots of local stuff and regional stuff not worth mentioning

Only thing I don't like is the wheat beers or Belgiums.. high alcohol shit that is sweet for my tastes.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Damn, wish I could pour you some of this. Best beer I've ever brewed:

https://i.imgur.com/kEyia52.png
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

aznsquirt wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:39 pm
Damn, wish I could pour you some of this. Best beer I've ever brewed:

https://i.imgur.com/kEyia52.png
Looks nice! And that's a home brew? Well done! I had myself a La Fin Du Monde from the Quebec brewery Unibroue tonight.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

DiamondDog wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:54 am Looks nice! And that's a home brew? Well done! I had myself a La Fin Du Monde from the Quebec brewery Unibroue tonight.
The glass is from a Belgian brewery, Duvel. I guess the contents are too. Like you I prefer the golden ales (and gueuze, as mentioned) and this is a blonde but it's a good drink.

You need to save up for a holiday over there. When I visited in 2019 I went to the Cantillon brewery and there were a couple of guys from Wisconsin who'd bought crates and crates of beer to take home. They said even with the freight cost and tax it was worthwhile. Though IIRC Canada taxes alcohol a lot more than the US.
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

GoodJudge wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:26 am
DiamondDog wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:54 am Looks nice! And that's a home brew? Well done! I had myself a La Fin Du Monde from the Quebec brewery Unibroue tonight.
The glass is from a Belgian brewery, Duvel. I guess the contents are too. Like you I prefer the golden ales (and gueuze, as mentioned) and this is a blonde but it's a good drink.

You need to save up for a holiday over there. When I visited in 2019 I went to the Cantillon brewery and there were a couple of guys from Wisconsin who'd bought crates and crates of beer to take home. They said even with the freight cost and tax it was worthwhile. Though IIRC Canada taxes alcohol a lot more than the US.
Oh yeah, we get taxed to hell and gone, it's awful. Holiday is not out of the question - this year is Portugal, maybe next year!
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:21 pm
Coors Light
Old Style
Lone Star

Like I said in my post, I like simple piss lol. I like a good craft beer once in a while but I'm not gonna go out of my way for them. Plus I can grab a case of any of the beers I mentioned and drink all day for the cost of two "fancy" beers at a brewery. Fuck that.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

GoodJudge wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:26 am
Nah, it's a homebrew. It's actually a beer I've brewed commercially (I don't brew professionally anymore) and this is hands down the one beer old customers/friends ask me about the most, so I finally homebrewed it.

The Duvel glass is no coincidence though. Stylistically it is 100% my take on Duvel, with a slightly different yeast and a subtle difference in hops.
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

Guinness for when I have one at home, which is once in a blue moon these days.

If I'm out eating and want a beer, since Guinness is usually not on the menu, then it's Coors Light or Michelob Ultra.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Miller Lite forever along with O’Dells IPA or Summit Pale Ale.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
bigmakoshark

Post by bigmakoshark »

Warsteiner. Real imported German beer from Germany.
They don't put any BS in it like American beers. So, you don't get a seething hangover.
All other beer with the exception of a few is piss water to me.
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

i never drink...beer...d.m.
Last edited by diablomozart on Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SikSyko
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by SikSyko »

ChipsRoach
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ChipsRoach »

Elysian Space Dust
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

Any hazy from either Drekker (out of Fargo) or Toppling Goliath (out of Decorah, Iowa).
HORRORHOLIC1979

Post by HORRORHOLIC1979 »

Beerdevil IPA from right here in Niagara.
"They're never gonna find your face, it's hidden away
I found a very special place where you used to play"
- Alice Cooper
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

Depends on my mood, but some of my go-tos are: Pilsner Urquell, Kostrizer Pils, Guinness, Sam Adams, Bass and Paulaner Oktoberfest.
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

bigmakoshark wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:35 pm Warsteiner. Real imported German beer from Germany.
They don't put any BS in it like American beers. So, you don't get a seething hangover.
All other beer with the exception of a few is piss water to me.
I had no clue about this, I will be on the lookout!
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

I have no favorites really, I go more for styles now, or breweries I know that are consistently good. It's all craft brew though. Cold IPA styles are generally super good, I also look for high ABV pale ales, smooth/balanced/delicious.

Two things are super important:
1) It shouldn't be older than three months or so from the brew date. Typically this is found on the bottom or side of the can. Longer than that it can start to get a 'dirt' taste.
2) It has to be kept cold the entire time. If it's not it voids #1. If it sits on a shelf in a store at one constant temperature that's better, but needs to be under 3 months in that case.

I think this is why a lot of people don't like craft brews, if it's not kept cold and it's past 3 months it can taste like shit, especially if both happen.

I'm super lucky and have a store down the street that follows all these rules, plus they go through their stock very quickly so you can always pick up something new and fresh (they have an awesome taproom too) > https://www.osheabrewing.com/tap-room Look at their list and see if you can find something in your area.

Some recent good ones:
Smog City 12th Anniversary DIPA > https://smogcitybrewing.com/products/12 ... -16oz-cans
Tarantula Hill 'Dankerman' 4 way collab > https://www.tarantulahillbrewingco.com/
Paperback Double Dry Hopped Pale Ale > https://melograna.io/products/under-pre ... fornia-ipa
Info on cold IPA's > https://newschoolbeer.com/home/2021/6/5 ... -heat-wave
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!