HELLS ANGELS ... Currently listending to Podcasts and Interviews about Motorcycle Gangs.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

HELLS ANGELS ... Currently listending to Podcasts and Interviews about Motorcycle Gangs.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Anyone listen to any of these?

The Mel Chancey story is pretty interesting... > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjPMvj3eK9c

The guy was President of the Chicago Chapter at age 23... almost unheard of to be that young and the main guy,

He's 5'9" - 5'10", and once weighed 290lbs... body builder freak... google his name, the pics of his upper body are nuts! lol.

Did 3 stints in prison, now in his 50's... and living a clean life... interesting for sure.

Also just listened to this one, about an Undercover Federal Agent (Jay Dobyns) who infiltrated the Hells Angels... > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2NDcFEg8s

$tEvil
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: HELLS ANGELS ... Currently listending to Podcasts and Interviews about Motorcycle Gangs.

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Haven’t heard any podcasts, but if you want some seriously excellent reading material, “Under And Alone” by William Queen (fake name) is probably my favorite book of all time to read over and over again.

Undercover ATF agent infiltrated the Mongols’ SFV chapter back in the late 90s, and it’s all about his double life being a single father, having to do all sorts of insane shit to become a member, and actually experiencing feelings of brotherhood with the deplorable criminals he’s supposed to be investigating.

I describe it as Breaking Bad before there was Breaking Bad, just in terms of a high suspense double life.

It was supposed to be made into a movie with actual Mongols participating, directed by the guy who did Training Day.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: HELLS ANGELS ... Currently listending to Podcasts and Interviews about Motorcycle Gangs.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:12 am Haven’t heard any podcasts, but if you want some seriously excellent reading material, “Under And Alone” by William Queen (fake name) is probably my favorite book of all time to read over and over again.

Undercover ATF agent infiltrated the Mongols’ SFV chapter back in the late 90s, and it’s all about his double life being a single father, having to do all sorts of insane shit to become a member, and actually experiencing feelings of brotherhood with the deplorable criminals he’s supposed to be investigating.

I describe it as Breaking Bad before there was Breaking Bad, just in terms of a high suspense double life.

It was supposed to be made into a movie with actual Mongols participating, directed by the guy who did Training Day.

Excellent...

I am intrigued by anything but Music at this point in my life...

The Mafia, Biker Gangs, Sports History, Documentaries on anything from McDonald's to Harley Davidson to NIKE.

Listening to or reading about hairbands, rock n' roll or the related... is like trying to get me to go to Church... no thanks.

$tEvil
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

DO NOT hire these guys to handle security at any concert you're a part of.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:23 am Excellent...

I am intrigued by anything but Music at this point in my life...

The Mafia, Biker Gangs, Sports History, Documentaries on anything from McDonald's to Harley Davidson to NIKE.

Listening to or reading about hairbands, rock n' roll or the related... is like trying to get me to go to Church... no thanks.

$tEvil

Let me know what you think if you check it out!

Documentary I recommend to everyone is “How To Change Your Mind” on Netflix (as well as the book it’s based on). The subject isn’t what I’d imagine you gravitate towards, but then again the title sort of speaks for itself.

Definitely relate to escaping music. Just because we love doing it (you professionally, me very not professionally) doesn’t mean that it can’t sometimes feel like a job that you need to get away from!
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Rodderz
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Rodderz »

George Christie has done a few good podcasts and his patreon is really good, as are his books
Demons row on YouTube is unlistenable.
Fuck Keith Richards,Fuck all those dudes that 'survived' the 60's, flying around on Learjets livin' up their gunslinger reputation........ You know what Lemmy's doing?? Probably drinking Jack n Coke while writing another record.
Rodderz
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Rodderz »

Oh yeah search out the ‘Relative Unknown’ podcast, wild stuff about an Angel who went into witness protection
Fuck Keith Richards,Fuck all those dudes that 'survived' the 60's, flying around on Learjets livin' up their gunslinger reputation........ You know what Lemmy's doing?? Probably drinking Jack n Coke while writing another record.
crowes74
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by crowes74 »

Hunter S Thomphson has a book about joining the Hells Angels as well, pretty wild stuff.
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

They used to stay at a hotel my cousin worked at during Bike Week in Myrtle. She would introduce us and we'd have a few drinks with them by the pool in the courtyard.

A helicopter would occasionally hover over with a cop filming them. When they'd ride out, two or three dark blue Crown Vics from across the street would fall in behind them.

The things I took from it was that they are very impressive to be around in a certain way. If you were respectful they were fine with you. And when the president spoke, the others immediately snapped to, and stopped whatever they were doing that he didn't particularly like.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:12 am
Basically the premise of Mayans MC
Hellbound
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Hellbound »

gtshark1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:24 pm
SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:12 am
Basically the premise of Mayans MC
Sounds kinda similar to the Donnie Brasco story with the FBI infiltrating the mafia.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Do they still sell meth?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

Spent a little my early twenties on the periphery of an OMC.
They had amazing parties up at their clubhouse,
Their was never any trouble because the rules were rigidly enforced.

If you like your sport a bit on the bizarre side I highly recommend this podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/s ... 1633189616
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Rodderz wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:14 am Oh yeah search out the ‘Relative Unknown’ podcast, wild stuff about an Angel who went into witness protection
Agreed 100% on giving this a listen. I went down a rabbit hole on some biker stuff and found this…it linked to the premise of the show Sons of Anarchy of all things.
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

Jay Dobyns wrote an excellent book about his time working undercover. You can feel the anxiety dripping off of the pages.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

crowes74 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:29 pm Hunter S Thomphson has a book about joining the Hells Angels as well, pretty wild stuff.
That's a really good one. He was just a wimpy writer with a bike who infiltrated the Angels and got the crap beat out of him a lot.
It was before he fully developed his "gonzo" writing style.

https://www.openculture.com/2016/07/hun ... ngels.html

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Is anyone here a member of a Club?

Do you wear your vest with your colors everywhere?

Even at home when you are in your sweatpants laying around do you have your leather vest on?
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
WolfgangVonPage

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

Look into the war between the Angels and the Rock Machine up in Quebec .
Also, check out the Angels liquidating one of their own chapters. Again in Quebec.
Apache Trudeau was one crazy motherfucker.
Yves Lavigne has written a couple of good books on the Hells Angels.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

MattleyCrue wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:25 pm Is anyone here a member of a club?
I’m a member of NAMBLA
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

MattleyCrue wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:25 pm Is anyone here a member of a Club?

Do you wear your vest with your colors everywhere?

Even at home when you are in your sweatpants laying around do you have your leather vest on?
Would be hilarious, like Bert with his wigdana in hospital they lie on the couch with their vest on, just in case the boss want something :)
Personally, I think they’re all idiots.
Local MC chapter is a bunch of losers who wanna look tough.
Half of them can’t afford a decent bike.
All they do is hang at their club house and think they’re in Sons of Anarchy. If they ride 50 miles their back hurts.
Those 1% idiots are even more pathetic, I’m a tough dude the law dont count for me. Next day they’re cashing their welfare check.
Have been invited a few times to their open house evenings, but no thanks. Most bike owners I know feel the same way.
This aint the 70s anymore morons.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Double
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

the HA are the mafia in canada. they get more respect here than they do in america
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:23 am

$tEvil
Try dipping into the Japanese Yakuza next, fascinating and terrifying:

Yakuza: Japan's Criminal Underworld by David E. Kaplan and Alec Dubro

Confessions of a Yakuza by Junichi Saga

Both incredible books.

Japanese prisons are also worth reading about. The regime is absolutely brutal and like nothing you'd hear about from the rest of the world. I burned through a ton of prison books and decided Japan is the last place I'd want to be locked up. There's a reason Tokyo is the largest metropolis in the world but has the lowest crime rate. The way prisoners are handled there is breathtakingly severe and cruel.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

MattleyCrue wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:25 pm Is anyone here a member of a Club?
Someone here must own a Zack Wylde BLS leather vest. Come on. Fess up!
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:16 pm the HA are the mafia in canada. they get more respect here than they do in america
CANADIAN Hell's Angels?

"Pardon me, buddy, Please put your beer down. You may finish it after I beat the living snot out of you."

FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Been watching a couple of youtubers who follow the outlaw mc clubs. From what I gather Hells Angels seems to be little more than a relic in many areas. For example the Las Vegas club has 3 members left, all 60+.

But I'm sure they're still strong in some regions.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

“God’s Of Mischief” by George Rowe is a great book about his infiltration into the Vagos MC in California.

Agreed, the Dobyn’s book is intense and well written. The dude is a complete psychopath masquerading as a fed.

“Out Bad” is another good read about the Mongols MC “Operation Black Reign” investigation by the ATF.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
SikkiNixx
Sharing sandwiches with street kids

Post by SikkiNixx »

You guys see the biker take buddy's leather vest off his back at a red light??
Who has a bike and DOESN'T know you can't fly the patch if you are not presented with one?? It's very important to be invited to wear that shit...
I played a ton of their parties and I have about 7 or 8 t-shirts of theirs.. a few say Known Associate on the back in huge letters and I have never worn any of them even though I have full permission and the blessings to rock them shirts.. but I don't want that kind of attention at all
New World Under Attack
No Telling If We'll Make It Out
Or Turn To Black
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Hells Angels used to be mysterious growing up
Now with SOA BLS and Mayans have taught the world laugh at bikers

Biker shows are basically Melrose Place now
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

LAglamrocker wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:58 pm Hells Angels used to be mysterious growing up

Biker shows are basically Melrose Place now