WAS I WRONG? ... I tried to help a Blind man today pass a Homeless encampment, not a good idea! >Video<

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

WAS I WRONG? ... I tried to help a Blind man today pass a Homeless encampment, not a good idea! >Video<

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Was I wrong...? #wtf

Here is my post and video on IG, this just happened about an hour ago... crazy.

------------------------------

Blind man stumbled into Homeless encampment, I tried to help and got an earful for it. 😳

No good deed goes unpunished.

I was driving down Devonshire in Chatsworth today and saw a blind man walking South just before the CitiBank at Mason.

I have seen this “side-walk cluttered encampment” for about a month now and decided to turn my iPhone on and as I figured something might happen, then watched the Blind man walk, stumble and partially fall into the tented area.

I pulled over and exited my car and offered to help the Blind man pass but so much for wanting to help.

What happened next was the homeless man exited his tent, with a crazy barking dog and became defensive and argumentative almost immediately as it appears, these 2 may know each other?

I basically said “This is not cool” about his encampment filling up the walkway to which he said “it’s legal” and it escalated from there...

The Blind man now starts yelling and cursing at me, the homeless guy is yelling at me... and both are furious... I basically pulled over when I saw what happened… but I guess I was the bad guy.

The homeless guy also started filming saying I was physically intimidating looking and that I was more than 6 feet into “his space”... which for the record, I never left the street and his “space” is on a public sidewalk.

Be careful out there... had there been more than these 2 guys, I may have been fending for my life in broad daylight, because I was simply trying to help an impaired man pass a sidewalk covered with an encampment of tents and clutter.

I am speechless and not sure what to think. 🫤

> https://www.instagram.com/p/CvQgGxTt7Ui/

-------------------------------------------------
$tEvil
SikkiNixx
Sharing sandwiches with street kids

Re: WAS I WRONG? ... I tried to help a Blind man today pass a Homeless encampment, not a good idea! >Video<

Post by SikkiNixx »

The wrong thing is the intention was set up for this purpose and only for this purpose..
Not that I'm not going to pat you on the back cuz it's still fukin awesome
I will now go and see what you wrote 😂🤣😅
New World Under Attack
No Telling If We'll Make It Out
Or Turn To Black
HueyRamone

Re: WAS I WRONG? ... I tried to help a Blind man today pass a Homeless encampment, not a good idea! >Video<

Post by HueyRamone »

I will judge this interaction. My ruling is binding.

First off - if you hadnt filmed it, we wouldnt have content. +1
But why were you filming it? To document the guy fall into something? -1
Jumping out to help seems like a good deed +1
Starting to yell at tent guy is pointless. He's not going to change his lifestyle cause you 'dont think it's cool" -1
Once blindy starts yelling that youre "being paternalistic" it's high time to bail on this convo, no good is going to come from it -2.

You had good intentions, but you waded into a bunch of fracas, and stayed too long. Judge Hu-dy sentences you to no more good deed doing for the month.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
SikkiNixx

Post by SikkiNixx »

The fact that you turned your phone on to record says it all
I don't believe you were being purely helpful and I don't blame you one bit... he's probably got better vision than most of us here.. just be careful nobody pats you on the bare shoulders and leaves a fukin fentanyl patch on your back cuz you will be in big trouble before you figure out what is happening and why YOU are going blind quickly
Seriously though I don't want anyone here getting fukd up for someone else's enjoyment
New World Under Attack
Or Turn To Black
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

mentally ill are all around us, unfortunately. You did the right thing, Stevil.
The power of Sludge compels you.
SikkiNixx

Post by SikkiNixx »

I'll bet most of us struggle with the decision to help someone out or not help someone out for fear of being called Condescending or worse.. but then it turns out they could have used a hand.. I learned the hard way to just NOT engage at all.
And I gotta say that I was correct about my thoughts on what ended up happening in your crapshoot of chance.
Good for you though... at least you tried.
New World Under Attack
Or Turn To Black
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Zabooka »

You lasted way longer than I would have. Once that blind guy raised his voice, I would have said bye, fend for yourself then.
Hellbound
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Hellbound »

I fuckin' hate homeless people.
SikkiNixx

Post by SikkiNixx »

Hellbound wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:58 pm I fuckin' hate homeless people.
😂🤣😅
New World Under Attack
Or Turn To Black
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I enjoyed it-nice surprise when both teamed up against you :lol: :lol:

5 star video
You should do more of these :lol:
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Hellbentforfeathers
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Hellbentforfeathers »

You should show this video to the blind guy and see what he thinks
Police and Naggerz
Get outta my way
john3232
Headlining Clubs

Post by john3232 »

Stopping to help was a nice gesture and recording it was smart. But...the blind man immediately going 0 to 10 on the anger scale was strange.

He could have said no I’m fine but instead starts yelling . Maybe he was having a bad day. But his anger seemed way out of proportion to what was going on.
"Chinese Democracy is one of the most anticipated albums OF ALL TIME"
Brownstone658
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Why the fuck were you standing there while two mentally ill freaks screamed at you? Is that normal behaviour in America?

Was he giving all his stuff to the hobo so he could come fight you at the end?
Wolfie Van Rachelle
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Wolfie Van Rachelle »

Homeless guy says you were in his space? Has paid taxes on that space he was using? Fuck him, you should go back and tell him you are a tax payer that he is the one in your space. Something overall just ain't right though. I don't believe that was a being guy.
bentbrother
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by bentbrother »

throughout our lives we develop a voice that represents who we are. There is no escaping it and at some point , who you are is revealed.

some people sound tough
some people sound scared
some people sound friendly
some people sound angry
some people sound smart
some people sound stupid
some people sound feminine
some people sound masculine

you my friend, sound like a douchebag.

Doesn't mean you are, but it is highly likely by the sound of your voice.
Last edited by bentbrother on Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Apparently, you guys did not get the memo. They are no longer "homeless". They are "unhoused". Seriously. Can someone explain to me this madness of trading one label for another, which will no doubt be resented as well within oh, say five years, necessitating the creation of yet another label?
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

john3232 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:07 pm Stopping to help was a nice gesture and recording it was smart. But...the blind man immediately going 0 to 10 on the anger scale was strange.

He could have said no I’m fine but instead starts yelling . Maybe he was having a bad day. But his anger seemed way out of proportion to what was going on.
I concur.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Were you wrong?? Hell no....and I'd hope you can forget about dude's reaction, and do the same thing again for someone else

Once we stop helping people, is when society is in real trouble.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

Its californy. The have been given the green light to set up camp almost anywhere they want..
But now We have those camps too, and sadly our town has decided to give them what used to be a community park with ballfields and play ground equipment for their homeless
Camps for free.
Homeless are homeless for a reason. Very few out of the masses is legit such as lost my job and home and i am fighting to get back on my feet. Most are addicts or
Suffer mental illness or just want to fall off the grid and freeload.
Screw them all.
If they ask me for food i will buy them a meal. If they ask me for money they can k**f off.
Maybe the answer is
“Soylent green?” ( just teasing)

I avoid homeless like the plaque that they are
They dont want help, they want handouts..
Last edited by keyofgee on Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

keyofgee wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:40 am Its californy. The have been given the green light to set up camp almost anywhere they want..
But now We have those camps too, and sadly our town has decided to give them what used to be a community park with ballfields and play ground equipment for their homeless
Camps for free.
Homeless are homeless for a reason. Very few out of the masses is legit such as lost my job and home and i am fighting to get back on my feet. Most are addicts or
Screw them all.
If they ask me for food i will buy them a meal. If they ask me for money they can k**f off.
Maybe the answer is
“Soyent green?”
https://youtu.be/sgpa7wEAz7I
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

DiamondDog wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:45 am Apparently, you guys did not get the memo. They are no longer "homeless". They are "unhoused".

It's now "experiencing homelessness"... like it's something someone else or society forced upon them.

And don't even consider saying the homeless. It's offensive. Like saying the Jews. Even saying the French is bad now. (Not in Europe or anything, but in American classrooms and news reports.)

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

keyofgee wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:40 am Its californy. The have been given the green light to set up camp almost anywhere they want..
Camps for free.
Screw them all.
Maybe the answer is

All accurate. The homeless are assholes who continually turn down assistance, but know every legal trick to camp out on sidewalks and milk the system with prolonged hospital stays.

They're ruining this country and will continue doing so as long as law enforcement tolerates it. And as Stevil learned the hard way, no good deed goes unpunished.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
VinceLeeRose
Recording Your Demo

Post by VinceLeeRose »

Homeless man is wearing an Ozzy shirt….just happened to be filming…seems like an inside job to me!
VinceLeeRose
Recording Your Demo

Post by VinceLeeRose »

john3232 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:07 pm Stopping to help was a nice gesture and recording it was smart. But...the blind man immediately going 0 to 10 on the anger scale was strange.

This is just the vibe in LA these days. Everyone goes from 0 to 10 at the flip of a switch. Edgy as fuck.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Camps for free.
Screw them all.
Maybe the answer is

I'm the exact diametric opposite. I think it could happen to anybody. I was very close myself once. Unless you want to provide some hard facts and statistics on causes of homelessness I'm going to disagree strongly with pretty much everything you said. I live in "Californy". The reason there's so many homeless here is because the weather is nice! Duh!! When I see a homeless person I ask them their name, shake their hand, give 'em $20 and wish 'em well. Almost without fail they are incredibly gracious and grateful. Very few people choose to beg on the street and risk ridicule and abuse from schmucks like you. I have intervened when a man was berating one of my homeless friends in front of the post office. Shouting at him "nobody once to see this, what are you doing here? go get a job!" I walked up, asked my friend if he was ok and told the asshole that unless he had some money or a job offer for my friend to beat it. He looked at me like I was an alien and sheepishly left. Later...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

If this was 100% legit (I'll give the benefit of the doubt), then you're a better man than me. Ida zoomed on by. Maybe even threw my McDonald's bag at them.

You should have signed autographs and posed for meet-and-greet pics. Turn a lemon into lemonade.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Pure fiction. If he gave $20 to every homeless dude he saw in California, he'd have a level of debt comparable to the U.S. deficit.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

I'll take you on your word that your intentions were good...and the fact that you posted this video when it didn't turn out in your favor leans on the side of integrity.

However, in 2023, walking up to any potentially hostile situation with your camera rolling is a douche move and would make anyone on the other side defensive.

So, I think you were trying to something good but approached it in a very stupid manner.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:32 am Pure fiction. If he gave $20 to every homeless dude he saw in California, he'd have a level of debt comparable to the U.S. deficit.
If you're referring to me I'd say it's about 3-4 times a week. And sure, it's not always a $20. Tuesday I only had $8 on me I gave to a guy in front of the post office sitting there with his bicycle and "I'm Hungry" cardboard sign. As I walked away after he realized it wasn't just a buck I heard him mutter to himself "cool" and I felt good about it. But if I have a $20 or even more you can bet I'll give it away to someone who needs it more if I see them. But please snark away in your ignorance...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:06 am I have intervened when a man was berating one of my homeless friends in front of the post office. Shouting at him "nobody once to see this, what are you doing here? go get a job!" I walked up, asked my friend if he was ok and told the asshole that unless he had some money or a job offer for my friend to beat it. He looked at me like I was an alien and sheepishly left.

Are you part of the Hollywood writers strike? This part sounds like a scene from "a very special episode" of an '80s sitcom.