Doro--Living After Midnight (New Single with Halford)

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

p86
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Doro--Living After Midnight (New Single with Halford)

Post by p86 »

New single from Doro, dueting with Rob Halford on Living After Midnight from her upcoming album. Obviously, it's a stone cold classic song, and Rob and Doro do it justice. A couple little tweaks to the music but otherwise nothing radically different. I like it!

Doro/Halford Living After Midnight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeupJhvHanA
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Doro--Living After Midnight (New Single with Halford)

Post by pieceofme »

I prefer the Donnas version.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Michael Hotts Ghost
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

As if that chorus isn't worn out enough... Now it's going to get the "All We Are" treatment at her shows. Talk about a dead horse, that girl can whip it. Over and over and over.

The middle section of the song sounds stiff as a board. I have a feeling that is not Bill Hudson on guitar, I don't think he would let something like that go.

Rob is kind of curious on it. Sometimes it sounds weak due to him changing the melody by a few notes, on the other lines he sounds really good. Makes for a good preview of how the next Priest will be.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

No thank you.
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

This is one of them times the files should of been mysteriously destroyed.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

How is Doro still a thing in 2023?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

At some points it’s hard to tell which one is singing LOL.
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

Musically good. Video production was shitty.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Michael Hotts Ghost wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:23 am
The middle section of the song sounds stiff as a board. I have a feeling that is not Bill Hudson on guitar, I don't think he would let something like that go.
Well, he's in the video, and he's her main guitar player, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be all over that track... He's a badass, I saw him in I Am Morbid a year or two ago, the guy's impressive, he makes Trey Azagthothing look easy, and he's able to juggle both gigs.

Surprisingly, I think Halford sounds great on this, more so than Doro. Not a fan of the constant back and forth on the singing...
p86

Post by p86 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:07 pm How is Doro still a thing in 2023?
The result of hard work, dedicated touring, and continuing to record music for her fans. She's basically committed her life to her music. So even though she doesn't sell a ton of records she can make it work throughout the world on a small scale touring Germany, thoughout Europe and other parts of the world when she can. She deserves any success she gets.
p86

Post by p86 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:06 pm
Michael Hotts Ghost wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:23 am
Well, he's in the video, and he's her main guitar player, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be all over that track... He's a badass, I saw him in I Am Morbid a year or two ago, the guy's impressive, he makes Trey Azagthothing look easy, and he's able to juggle both gigs.

Surprisingly, I think Halford sounds great on this, more so than Doro. Not a fan of the constant back and forth on the singing...
Doro has both Bas Maas and Bill Hudson on guitar for the live band, but for recordings it's impossible to tell with seeing liner notes because her band sometimes doesn't record her studio songs since she records in Europe with her co-writer Andreas Bruhn on much of her recent material. The clips in the video are just recent live clips with the band.

Doro's voice is defintely huskier than it was in the 80s. When she sings ballads she sounds fine, but when she pushes it on rockers it's a bit raspier obviously than 35 years ago.