DEE’S LATEST KISS DIS … “I See People Singing ‘Crazy Nights’ And They’re Not So Crazy Anymore” says Dee Snider

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

DEE’S LATEST KISS DIS … “I See People Singing ‘Crazy Nights’ And They’re Not So Crazy Anymore” says Dee Snider

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

DEE’S LATEST KISS DIS …
“I See People Singing ‘Crazy Nights’ And They’re Not So Crazy Anymore” says Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider
#deesnider #kiss #paulstanley #twistedsister #genesimmons #blabbermouth #crazynights #sludge #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/dees-latest-kiss ... ee-snider/

$ludge
kytepunches
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: DEE’S LATEST KISS DIS … “I See People Singing ‘Crazy Nights’ And They’re Not So Crazy Anymore” says Dee Snider

Post by kytepunches »

Dee is like a living click bait button. He talks all kinds of ridiculous shit , then usually backpedals if it come back at him. The whole thing is stupid. We quit while we were on top, so we didn’t embarrass ourselves it total garbage. Sure Kiss is a shell of what they were , but come on Dee , just look at your own bass player FFS . That dude doesn’t “Stay Hungry” for very long.

I would bet everything i own that if a TS reunion was on the table he’d jump at the pay day. If Motley Crüe asked them to do the stadium tour, he’d be all over it.
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Re: DEE’S LATEST KISS DIS … “I See People Singing ‘Crazy Nights’ And They’re Not So Crazy Anymore” says Dee Snider

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

Dee's such a fucking windbag. Jay Jay's the same, but Dee actually has some talent.

I'll never forgive Jamey Jasta for telling Dee that he's "iconic". That's the last thing Dee needed to hear.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

I'm sure Gene and Paul are taking a long hard look at themselves after hearing this stunning revelation.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

I at least partly agree with Dee’s sentiment.

Personally I’m not interested in seeing 60+, 70+ year old literal senior citizens playing party rock live. To me it’s fake, and completely devoid of the original attitude, energy, and real feeling from which it was created.

Nothing lasts forever. If you missed W.A.S.P. or GNR in ‘87, I’m sorry but they’re gone now. That was a bubble in time you missed. You can’t go back.

Find a new bubble. Today’s bubble.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

kytepunches wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:47 pm Dee is like a living click bait button. He talks all kinds of ridiculous shit , then usually backpedals if it come back at him. The whole thing is stupid. We quit while we were on top, so we didn’t embarrass ourselves it total garbage. Sure Kiss is a shell of what they were , but come on Dee , just look at your own bass player FFS . That dude doesn’t “Stay Hungry” for very long.

I would bet everything i own that if a TS reunion was on the table he’d jump at the pay day. If Motley Crüe asked them to do the stadium tour, he’d be all over it.
Yeah, the only difference between TS and bands like Crue and KISS is that TS doesn't have the demand that those bands do.
Dee is just hypocritical, if the money was there for TS like it is for Motley and KISS, he would be right up there on that stage, 70+ years old or not.
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Spongie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:56 am I at least partly agree with Dee’s sentiment.

Personally I’m not interested in seeing 60+, 70+ year old literal senior citizens playing party rock live. To me it’s fake, and completely devoid of the original attitude, energy, and real feeling from which it was created.

Nothing lasts forever. If you missed W.A.S.P. or GNR in ‘87, I’m sorry but they’re gone now. That was a bubble in time you missed. You can’t go back.

Finking "todays bubble" isn't that easy tho. I went to Taylor Swift concert and didn't feel it. I tried to jump on the nascar/bro-country bandwagon years ago and didn't feel it. Where to go.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

This board says the same exact shit about the KISS tour all day long, but as soon Dee says it, we've got a problem.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:40 am
kytepunches wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:47 pm Dee is like a living click bait button. He talks all kinds of ridiculous shit , then usually backpedals if it come back at him. The whole thing is stupid. We quit while we were on top, so we didn’t embarrass ourselves it total garbage. Sure Kiss is a shell of what they were , but come on Dee , just look at your own bass player FFS . That dude doesn’t “Stay Hungry” for very long.

Yeah, the only difference between TS and bands like Crue and KISS is that TS doesn't have the demand that those bands do.
Not entirely true. KISS and Motley have the songs. TS doesn’t and never did. Those iconic songs create the demand.
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:42 am
Spongie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:56 am I at least partly agree with Dee’s sentiment.

Finking "todays bubble" isn't that easy tho. I went to Taylor Swift concert and didn't feel it. I tried to jump on the nascar/bro-country bandwagon years ago and didn't feel it. Where to go.
I get it, and some of that is due to our age. We don’t view things through the eyes of a 20 year old anymore.

But I would suggest steering way clear of anything you’d hear on the radio… it’s all contrived corporate cafeteria food for amateurs, regardless of genre.

Real hard rock and metal is still very much alive and arguably more extensive than ever before. I listen to different bands every day in the gym, and never ever run out.

Hard rock’s last refuge lies in death metal. Now don’t run away. Trust me, at our age your tastes have evolved far beyond bubble gum rock. Death metal is where you’ll find the raw energy, the musicianship, the talent, the excitement, the attitude and all the other perceived ‘danger’ that once drew you to the hard rock and metal space soooooo many years ago.

The live shows are amazing and youthful, and actually do hit that emotion nerve buried deep down in you that Poison and Babylon AD used to touch. It’s the drug you’re looking for.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Spongie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:21 am

Do you have any links to those playlists for the new Rock?

I get it, and some of that is due to our age. We don’t view things through the eyes of a 20 year old anymore.

But I would suggest steering way clear of anything you’d hear on the radio… it’s all contrived corporate cafeteria food for amateurs, regardless of genre.

Real hard rock and metal is still very much alive and arguably more extensive than ever before. I listen to different bands every day in the gym, and never ever run out.

Hard rock’s last refuge lies in death metal. Now don’t run away. Trust me, at our age your tastes have evolved far beyond bubble gum rock. Death metal is where you’ll find the raw energy, the musicianship, the talent, the excitement, the attitude and all the other perceived ‘danger’ that once drew you to the hard rock and metal space soooooo many years ago.

The live shows are amazing and youthful, and actually do hit that emotion nerve buried deep down in you that Poison and Babylon AD used to touch. It’s the drug you’re looking for.
Do you have any playlist links for the new Rock? Whenever I try to find New Rock on Spotify, I just get pop with electronic beats.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:40 am Dee is just hypocritical, if the money was there for TS like it is for Motley and KISS, he would be right up there on that stage, 70+ years old or not.
100% agreed. Dee still performs TS songs live!

What is he saying exactly? KISS are supposed to stop being KISS and sing folk songs about aging? That doesn't even work for Mellencamp or Springsteen (and they have tried!) I personally like their later albums but when you go see them live, it's mostly the hits.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

It's not like it wasn't a total pose when they first did it anyway.
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

BDG135 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:30 am
Spongie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:21 am

Do you have any links to those playlists for the new Rock?

Do you have any playlist links for the new Rock? Whenever I try to find New Rock on Spotify, I just get pop with electronic beats.
I prefer whole albums to playlists, but I’m a straight shooter, and won’t cherry pick my favorites. Instead I’ll just tell you the two records I listened to today.

Blood Incantation: Hidden History of the Human Race

And

Decapitated: Winds of Creation

From there, the rabbit hole is bottomless. Just link to different bands in the “Fans also like” section. You’ll hit some duds… just go around.

The imagery and merch is cool AF.

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

This guy is such a sad thirsty old fartknocker. So is Paul, but, still.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:13 am

Sure, I guess there were some elements of that. But there was still plenty of ‘real’.

I was lucky enough to have seen GNR at the Orpheum Theatre within a week or two of the infamous Ritz show we all love. That’s essentially the show I saw at the Orpheum. There was nothing fake or poser about it. It was real. It was in the moment. And it was special.

That’s just one dozens of examples I can personally cite. I’m sure you can too. My point is those experiences still exist… but certainly not with geriatric Frontiers bands and Livenation corporate mom rock.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

This is typical Dee, talking shit to keep his name in the press.

You’d think he’d be happy to shut up and count his publishing money he’s collecting from “We’re Not Gonna Take It” being used in cocktail wiener commercials, or whatever (assuming he was smart enough to keep his publishing).

I guess it’s better than Jay Jay bitching about not passing his KISS audition 50 years ago.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Indy_Rob wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:16 am Not entirely true. KISS and Motley have the songs. TS doesn’t and never did. Those iconic songs create the demand.

Yeah, if only Twisted Sister had a song or two that broke through in pop culture and everybody knew.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:33 pm
Indy_Rob wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:16 am Not entirely true. KISS and Motley have the songs. TS doesn’t and never did. Those iconic songs create the demand.

Yeah, if only Twisted Sister had a song or two that broke through in pop culture and everybody knew.
Seems you missed my point entirely. TS ONLY had a couple songs that broke through. That's it. Then they were mostly forgotten and irrelevant and their career was over. Motley and KISS have dozens of hits between them. TS's catalog was garbage.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Indy_Rob wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:23 pm

Seems you missed my point entirely. TS ONLY had a couple songs that broke through. That's it. Then they were mostly forgotten and irrelevant and their career was over. Motley and KISS have dozens of hits between them. TS's catalog was garbage.
Kiss had 9 top 40 singles, only 2 top 10, and those 2 were ballads that don't get played much anymore. Not great.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Spongie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:28 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:13 am

Sure, I guess there were some elements of that. But there was still plenty of ‘real’.

I was lucky enough to have seen GNR at the Orpheum Theatre within a week or two of the infamous Ritz show we all love. That’s essentially the show I saw at the Orpheum. There was nothing fake or poser about it. It was real. It was in the moment. And it was special.

That’s just one dozens of examples I can personally cite. I’m sure you can too. My point is those experiences still exist… but certainly not with geriatric Frontiers bands and Livenation corporate mom rock.
I was talking about WASP.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:49 pm

Kiss had 9 top 40 singles, only 2 top 10, and those 2 were ballads that don't get played much anymore. Not great.
Not shabby either. Did TS even have 9 total singles in their career?
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

KISS is shite, unless Dee Snider says so? :lol:
ImageImage
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Can't stand Kiss, but Dee is such a fucking loser.

He's known more for whining than he is for his music.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

Wednesday 13 Fan

And nearly 30 top 40 albums, counting live albums and comps.

You conveniently forgot those with your "Kiss wasn't really a big deal, not much different than Twisted Sister" narrative.

Twisted Sister had one. 🤣
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:42 am
And nearly 30 top 40 albums, counting live albums and comps.

You conveniently forgot those with your "Kiss wasn't really a big deal, not much different than Twisted Sister" narrative.
Except that wasn't the narrative... the other Kisstard said that they had "dozens of hits", and the reality was that they had nine (9), and none (0) since 1990.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.