Preseason FOOTBALL

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Preseason FOOTBALL

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Heading to see the Panthers play the Jets. Wife is taking forever to get ready. Not sure if she understands tailgating like she should.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Preseason FOOTBALL

Post by eddie lee roth »

Have fun
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:56 am Heading to see the Panthers play the Jets. Wife is taking forever to get ready. Not sure if she understands tailgating like she should.
Good luck dealing with the Jets fans. I love football. But Preseason?? no chance
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

The Packers have NOT lost a game this year...

Things are looking good... undefeated and ready for the next!

$tEvil :D
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Going undefeated for the preseason is the same as winning the gold in the special olympics.
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

The season that the Lions went 0-16 they won every preseason game
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

Preseason is good for watching rookies and third stringers. Any coach that sends a starter in should be fired on the spot.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

One game in and Washington has shown once again that they view O-Line as an afterthought, and as a result will likely destroy another QB.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:01 am The Packers have NOT lost a game this year...

Started as a Packer backer when Lynn Dickey was QB and John Brockington was RB. I hope you are right but preseason doesn’t mean much. Half the players on the field won’t be with the team first snap of regular season. I’m very skeptical of Jordan Love. Having said that, it was time for change because Rodgers got too weird.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Sucks.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

TeslaFan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:35 am
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:01 am The Packers have NOT lost a game this year...

Started as a Packer backer when Lynn Dickey was QB and John Brockington was RB. I hope you are right but preseason doesn’t mean much. Half the players on the field won’t be with the team first snap of regular season. I’m very skeptical of Jordan Love. Having said that, it was time for change because Rodgers got too weird.
At some point the football gods will say enough.

You just can’t have back to back to back sure fire HOF SB winning QB’s.

The odds won’t allow it.
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

People please, it's "exhibition" football. Preseason implies some actual meaning...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

When C.W.A. was invited on the Packer's Legend's Cruise about 4-5 years ago, we met a ton of the players, including both old skool guys and modern era.

Lynn Dickey was a BIG MF'r, I was shocked...he's 73 years old now, 6'3", in great shape, built, etc... I was stunned at how big he was as back in the day he looked like a scrawny bitch getting thrown around all game long.

It's very deceptive as to how big or small some athletes or entertainers are... seeing them in a photo, or on T.V., etc... is at times very misleading.

A few examples, are Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors... he looks like a tiny middle school kid, but in reality, he too is 6'3"... nuts!

David Draiman of Disturbed, Sully of Godsmack, etc... both VERY small guys... Sully looked like a 5th grader in person.

As for those old Packers you mentioned...I've met John Brockington too, Ray Nitscke, and many more. James Lofton was cool AF, and his wife was hot too for an old broad... Lofton still looks great, very in-shape.

William Henderon, big LB from the Favre years... total jerk... I watched him tell a 10 year old kid "Nope" when he asked for his autograph. And Gilbert Brown, who used to be fat as F#@k, and the big D-line guy in the middle, lost a ton of weight, and had a great fun personality... very different than expected.

$tEvil
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Falcons looked decent in that win over Miami, but it's just the first game of the preseason. Plenty of time for us to blow it like we normally do.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Did you ever meet B.J. Raji? Those commercials with him and Rodgers always cracked me up.
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:50 am

When C.W.A. was invited on the Packer's Legend's Cruise about 4-5 years ago, we met a ton of the players, including both old skool guys and modern era.

Lynn Dickey was a BIG MF'r, I was shocked...he's 73 years old now, 6'3", in great shape, built, etc... I was stunned at how big he was as back in the day he looked like a scrawny bitch getting thrown around all game long.

It's very deceptive as to how big or small some athletes or entertainers are... seeing them in a photo, or on T.V., etc... is at times very misleading.

A few examples, are Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors... he looks like a tiny middle school kid, but in reality, he too is 6'3"... nuts!

David Draiman of Disturbed, Sully of Godsmack, etc... both VERY small guys... Sully looked like a 5th grader in person.

As for those old Packers you mentioned...I've met John Brockington too, Ray Nitscke, and many more. James Lofton was cool AF, and his wife was hot too for an old broad... Lofton still looks great, very in-shape.

William Henderon, big LB from the Favre years... total jerk... I watched him tell a 10 year old kid "Nope" when he asked for his autograph. And Gilbert Brown, who used to be fat as F#@k, and the big D-line guy in the middle, lost a ton of weight, and had a great fun personality... very different than expected.

$tEvil
I’ve only met Bart Starr when I was 9 yrs old. I was in Hardee’s waiting in line with my Mom. I was wearing a Packers heavy duty parka. Probably from JCPenney. A guy taps me on the shoulder and asks “You a Packer fan?” I about shit my pants. He was very nice. Size ? These guys are amazingly huge. Late 80s, the Bears always held training camp in Platteville WI. I grew up about 20 mins away. We always lined the fencing as they took the field for practice. They were al monstrous and that was 40 years ago. They are obviously much bigger and faster now. Packer fans are loyal. I find it weird as hell that many Packer fans funerals encourage people to wear their Packer gear. WTF? It’s a funeral. You wear a suit or your best set of duds
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
VincentVanWinger
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by VincentVanWinger »

William Henderson was a FB not a LB.
I got told no from Brent Fullwood at camp in 1987. I was 11. He said he he had to get treatment. At least I got a reason.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:56 am Did you ever meet B.J. Raji? Those commercials with him and Rodgers always cracked me up.
He was a fat Defensive guy, right?

No... never met him.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

VincentVanWinger wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:20 pm William Henderson was a FB not a LB.
I got told no from Brent Fullwood at camp in 1987. I was 11. He said he he had to get treatment. At least I got a reason.
The William Henderson incident...

So we're on the Packer's Legend's Cruise... it's basically like the Monsters of Rock Cruise, only with football players and their fans, instead of rock bands.

They had all kinds of stuff organized, like MORC, "Dinner with the Players", "Q&A sessions", "Meet & Greet sessions", "Merchandise" and some entertainment acts, a few regular bands, of course the Kareoke and C.W.A. did a few shows too.

So one day me and C.W.A. guys are sitting pool-side at a table, and mind you, this was not overly sold out either. Matter of fact, the ship had 3 groups of people, the Packers had 1/3 of the ship, I wanna say Georgia University had 1/3 and a Florida College had 1/3... so the ship was 2/3 College kids, and about 1,000 Packer fans.

I recall several College guys rolling up to a few us and asking "What the F#@K is with all the Packers fans on here?" :D

On the other hand, the eye-candy for the cruise, was up to par... basically about 1,000+ girls, between 18 and 22 years old... as opposed the Rock Cruise crowd, where most are 40-60... they don't fair as well in the pool attire as Florida State if you get my drift. :P

We're hanging out, and 1 table over were 3-4 players... Henderson, and a few other guys... maybe even his friends, and they were playing Dominoes and drinking at their own table.

Nobody was bothering them, it was very chill, and Henderson was probably one of the lesser known players... other guys were getting 5-10x the "Hey can I get a picture?" stuff.

A man and his son, who was like 8 or 9, maybe 10 are slowly passing and they stop by their table, "Sir, can I get a picture with you?" says the little kid and without hesitation, Henderson says "Not today" and turned away.

The kid's face just sunk and his Dad had a look of horror too... I and my entire table were like "Did he just tell that little kid no?"

I was super annoyed and was so close to standing up and politely saying: "Dude... you're a F#@king dick!"

But... since he's like 250+ pounds, and was clearly way bigger than I... :shock: I opted to keep my opinion to myself.

Everyone in the immediate vicinity heard and saw it happen... and everyone was shaking their heads.

Had it been a gang of loud drunk morons, trying to ask 20 questions and be stupid, I would have accepted... but it was a kid... like grade school age.

SUPER lame...

$tEvil
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Zeke to the Pats. Didn't see this one coming:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-former- ... p_catchall
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:07 pm Zeke to the Pats. Didn't see this one coming:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-former- ... p_catchall
Just saw...

$tEvil