CRAZY Concert Stories

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Metal Judge
Headlining Clubs

CRAZY Concert Stories

Post by Metal Judge »

Tell us about that one time. That one time something wild happened at a concert. Anything goes…

One comes to mind…

Who: Marilyn Manson
Where: Glen Helen Amphitheater in Devore, CA
What: It was a month or so after the Country Show shooting in Las Vegas
This dude like 15 feet from the stage shoots off a Roman candle. One after another they fire up into the sky. Security plows through crowd and takes him out. Fucking crazy!
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Re: CRAZY Concert Stories

Post by Van Ailin' »

Dokken portion of 1988 Monsters of Rock, so it was still in the day on a really hot day. Went with three friends, but we got separated after Metallica. Was next to a buddy of mine, and as Dokken started up, there was this girl in front of him (who we didn't know) and who seemed to be "feeling no pain," and she started kind of leaning back into him. I glance over, and she's grabbed his hands and wrapped them around her waist. I glance over again later and she grabs one of his hands and guides it right down the front of her shorts. I looked away, maybe wishing I'd been one spot over. Between Dokken and Scorpions, my buddy sensibly went to wash hands.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Sometime in the early 80s....Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque....following an Ozzy concert.
I was on the union stagehand crew. A guy was coiling an audio snake into a road case. It had run through the audience, along a wall, to front of house. Suddenly, the guy yelled out, "OH MY GOD!" We thought he had gotten hurt, but the yell was because someone had taken a dump on the snake. A guy with the venue's janitorial crew had to come clean it up. The union doesn't deal with that kind of shit.

Same place....also in the early 80s......after a Rod Stewart show.
The audience was still filing out, when a crowd of people stopped to watch something in the middle of the venue. I thought it was a fight.
It was a guy in a dress, with a bunch of guys lightly whipping him with their belts.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Things I have seen at concerts; bewbies, karate fight, knife fight with police crawling over me to catch perp, Ted Nugent being a douche, God and The Devil at a Dead show. Probably a few things I'm forgetting...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:35 pm Sometime in the early 80s....Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque....following an Ozzy concert.
I was on the union stagehand crew. A guy was coiling an audio snake into a road case. It had run through the audience, along a wall, to front of house. Suddenly, the guy yelled out, "OH MY GOD!" We thought he had gotten hurt, but the yell was because someone had taken a dump on the snake. A guy with the venue's janitorial crew had to come clean it up. The union doesn't deal with that kind of shit.

Same place....also in the early 80s......after a Rod Stewart show.
The audience was still filing out, when a crowd of people stopped to watch something in the middle of the venue. I thought it was a fight.
It was a guy in a dress, with a bunch of guys lightly whipping him with their belts.
Was this before or after you had to pump the cum outta Rods stomach?
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Sunset Strip Music Festival 2011. Motley Crue is playing. Some girl is sitting on her boyfriends shoulders. She pukes straight down and the guy is covered in her puke. One of the more disgusting things I have seen at a show.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Van Ailin' wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:08 pm Dokken portion of 1988 Monsters of Rock, so it was still in the day on a really hot day. Went with three friends, but we got separated after Metallica. Was next to a buddy of mine, and as Dokken started up, there was this girl in front of him (who we didn't know) and who seemed to be "feeling no pain," and she started kind of leaning back into him. I glance over, and she's grabbed his hands and wrapped them around her waist. I glance over again later and she grabs one of his hands and guides it right down the front of her shorts. I looked away, maybe wishing I'd been one spot over. Between Dokken and Scorpions, my buddy sensibly went to wash hands.
So he pretty much just got lucky and by the Scorpions he was alone again with you.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
The Stench
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by The Stench »

This was even before the show started. My first ever concert. Cyndi Lauper 8/30/84. Middletown, NY at the Orange County Community College. There was a college aged couple in front of us completely wasted and making out. A teenage girl who was standing near us tied the guy's shoelaces together without him even noticing. A few moments later security comes over to kick the couple out and the guy (whose shoelaces are still tied together) is stumbling and tripping and face planting the whole way out.
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Van Ailin' wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:08 pm Dokken portion of 1988 Monsters of Rock, so it was still in the day on a really hot day. Went with three friends, but we got separated after Metallica. Was next to a buddy of mine, and as Dokken started up, there was this girl in front of him (who we didn't know) and who seemed to be "feeling no pain," and she started kind of leaning back into him. I glance over, and she's grabbed his hands and wrapped them around her waist. I glance over again later and she grabs one of his hands and guides it right down the front of her shorts. I looked away, maybe wishing I'd been one spot over. Between Dokken and Scorpions, my buddy sensibly went to wash hands.
Was she hot?
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I tried to be in a general admission crowd at a GNR show in '93. I was a 140-pound 15-year-old. Brian May was the opener. It was cool through then. During the LONG WAIT for GNR to go on, everyone pressed toward the front. I was so smashed in and sweaty, I had to get out. I watched the show from some empty seats at the top. That was a show where Duff was knocked out by a bottle and they stopped it. I saw the report on MTV News. It was cool to have been at a show that made the news.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

The bad luck 13 riot at Hellfest 2004 in Jersey. People flipping over the bleachers, lightbulbs smashed, raw meat and pig heads thrown everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56V-mmBoow

I was on tour and someone was killed at one of our shows in Arizona.
https://tucson.com/news/local/crime/dow ... b18a3.html
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

these stories are OUTRAGEOUS!
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Nov 9 1990 Judas Priest / Megadeth / Testament @ LA Sports Arena

I am on the far side, last section before the production kills. I see a couple walk up the stairs then into the last row of the next section and disappear. I soon start seeing the top of his bobbing over the chairs as he bangs her for a song or two. Soon they go down the stairs and disappear.

Barely get a notice now but crazy at 17.

Some of the more notable injuries I wish I could un-see:

June 8 1991 AC/DC + LA Guns Irvine Meadows - a guy fell over the lawn railing and landed on his head on the aisle several feet below. His friends jumped down and helped him back to the lawn. He had his head in his hands then soon they all left. Wonder how permanent the damage was and if he is still alive.

Saw something similar during Rob Zombie, again in Irvine, at Five Points. Only saw the aftermath but a massive dude fell over the railing at the front of the bleacher section. His companion, another drunk fat dude, actually grabbed an EMT and threw him off so he could check himself and was eventually tackled and restrained by security. Eventually the victim was put on a stretcher and carried out and eventually the other dude was let up to follow the stretcher.

OZZFEST 2004, great orchestra seats but during Slayer a pit broke out in the center aisle and some drunk dudes too old for that decided to join. One suffered a compound fracture. He was moaning and wincing, then deadpanned and said "I'm so drunk" then went back to moaning.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Bon Jovi Right at the end of the Slippery Tour.
Was really hot out and line was really long.
2 big guys, both drunk, started chirping at each other.. something about looking at thier bitches the wrong way.

So they start to square up..fists in the air..when a loudspeaker blares "doors open in 5..please have your tickets ready".
One guy blurts out. I wanna get a good spot let's speed this up. Other guy says one punch each. Flip a coin who goes first.
So they flip...loser puts hands behind back, and other guy slugs him, and I thought killed him. But he stands back up. First guy puts hands down and gets smashed to the ground .
Then he helps other guy up, and they both just turn around like nothing happened and ignore each other
I thought I was a bit of a badass at 17, until I saw that
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Guns n Roses - Pantages Theatre - '91 (warm-up show to Illusion tour)

my buddy and I were like 15 rows back on the left side, on the aisle. At one point during 'Patience", before the 'I been walking the streets part'....Axl jumps down from the stage and starts walking up the aisle...I was a kid, tripping out on this and when he gets up to us, I kind of step out in the aisle like 'whoa buddy, whats up?!'...Axl looked at me like he was gonna kick my ass and kept on going. He ultimately went out to the lobby, came back around the center so he could hop on top the mixing console and sing the rest of the song.

I know, not that crazy...but memorable for me!
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

He didn't wanna buy none of your gold chains that day.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
jaxjaguar
Forming a Band

Post by jaxjaguar »

Monsters of Rock 1988 in Tampa, FL. In between the Scorpions and Van Halen the stadium erupted into a huge food fight. Trash, food, beer and soda cups flying all over. Total chaos but fun, until someone hit me from down below with a woman’s sandal lol. I turned to my buddy and said “can you believe people are throwing shoes!”, we had a laugh and I tossed it back in the direction it came from. Seconds later my buddy gets nailed in the face with the same exact shoe! What are the odds? Right away his eye starts puffing up and filling with blood, freaking us both out. We went to the first aid station but they referred us to the local hospital, by some miracle we found our other friends and went to the hospital. They treated him in the ER and we went back to catch Van Halen, had to beg to be let back in, only see the last two songs of the night. Still a great day that we all still talk about.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

When we saw monster trucks when we were little my little brother was so excited he shit his pants and my dad had to cut his underwear off with a pocket knife. Hahaha good times in the 90s and no metal detectors at venues
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

RaceFan3 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:58 am
Was she hot?
I'd say the was pretty good-looking. Must have been somewhere between 17-19 and a solid 7 or 8. She wasn't a hag.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:41 pm he shit his pants and my dad had to cut his underwear off with a pocket knife.
Wtf
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

What kinda parent/human uses a pocket knife to remove underwear? Fucking Rambo?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Maybe the kid shits superglue.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

jaxjaguar wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:13 pm Monsters of Rock 1988 in Tampa, FL. In between the Scorpions and Van Halen the stadium erupted into a huge food fight. Trash, food, beer and soda cups flying all over. Total chaos but fun, until someone hit me from down below with a woman’s sandal lol. I turned to my buddy and said “can you believe people are throwing shoes!”, we had a laugh and I tossed it back in the direction it came from. Seconds later my buddy gets nailed in the face with the same exact shoe! What are the odds? Right away his eye starts puffing up and filling with blood, freaking us both out. We went to the first aid station but they referred us to the local hospital, by some miracle we found our other friends and went to the hospital. They treated him in the ER and we went back to catch Van Halen, had to beg to be let back in, only see the last two songs of the night. Still a great day that we all still talk about.
You sure that was FL and not LA?? Exact same thing happened...
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Happened in Miami as well.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
jaxjaguar
Forming a Band

Post by jaxjaguar »

EatTheGlass wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:55 pm
jaxjaguar wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:13 pm Monsters of Rock 1988 in Tampa, FL. In between the Scorpions and Van Halen the stadium erupted into a huge food fight. Trash, food, beer and soda cups flying all over. Total chaos but fun, until someone hit me from down below with a woman’s sandal lol. I turned to my buddy and said “can you believe people are throwing shoes!”, we had a laugh and I tossed it back in the direction it came from. Seconds later my buddy gets nailed in the face with the same exact shoe! What are the odds? Right away his eye starts puffing up and filling with blood, freaking us both out. We went to the first aid station but they referred us to the local hospital, by some miracle we found our other friends and went to the hospital. They treated him in the ER and we went back to catch Van Halen, had to beg to be let back in, only see the last two songs of the night. Still a great day that we all still talk about.
You sure that was FL and not LA?? Exact same thing happened...
Definitely Tampa. I’ve talked to people that attended in other cities and it happened in multiple locations.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Newsted's FU Money wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:21 pm What kinda parent/human uses a pocket knife to remove underwear? Fucking Rambo?
A Mormon Boy Scout?

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:41 pm When we saw monster trucks when we were little my little brother was so excited he shit his pants and my dad had to cut his underwear off with a pocket knife. Hahaha good times in the 90s and no metal detectors at venues
Hilarious. Why didn't he just pull them off? Were they coated in shit and pulling them off would cause a bigger mess?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

ijwthstd wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:14 am Nov 9 1990 Judas Priest / Megadeth / Testament @ LA Sports Arena

I am on the far side, last section before the production kills. I see a couple walk up the stairs then into the last row of the next section and disappear. I soon start seeing the top of his bobbing over the chairs as he bangs her for a song or two. Soon they go down the stairs and disappear.

Barely get a notice now but crazy at 17.

Some of the more notable injuries I wish I could un-see:

June 8 1991 AC/DC + LA Guns Irvine Meadows - a guy fell over the lawn railing and landed on his head on the aisle several feet below. His friends jumped down and helped him back to the lawn. He had his head in his hands then soon they all left. Wonder how permanent the damage was and if he is still alive.

Saw something similar during Rob Zombie, again in Irvine, at Five Points. Only saw the aftermath but a massive dude fell over the railing at the front of the bleacher section. His companion, another drunk fat dude, actually grabbed an EMT and threw him off so he could check himself and was eventually tackled and restrained by security. Eventually the victim was put on a stretcher and carried out and eventually the other dude was let up to follow the stretcher.

OZZFEST 2004, great orchestra seats but during Slayer a pit broke out in the center aisle and some drunk dudes too old for that decided to join. One suffered a compound fracture. He was moaning and wincing, then deadpanned and said "I'm so drunk" then went back to moaning.

Didn’t a fan fall over a railing at Long Beach Arena and die at an Ozzy/Metallica show in the 80s?
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

Sunday October 15, 1989
Second night of the Dr. Feelgood tour.

I'm on the rail as the show starts. Vince takes off toward stage right, headed to the walkway in front of the amps, and falls right the fuck through the opening between the ramp and the amps. He literally walks off the stage and disappears. His head pops up a second later like a gopher, looking right at me. He sang while standing there for a few moments until the crew hoisted him back up topside. I was amazed he wasn't hurt.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:43 am Sunday October 15, 1989
Second night of the Dr. Feelgood tour.

I'm on the rail as the show starts. Vince takes off toward stage right, headed to the walkway in front of the amps, and falls right the fuck through the opening between the ramp and the amps. He literally walks off the stage and disappears. His head pops up a second later like a gopher, looking right at me. He sang while standing there for a few moments until the crew hoisted him back up topside. I was amazed he wasn't hurt.
whack a mole? :lol:
The power of Sludge compels you.