Honestly how stupid is Burning Man festival

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Honestly how stupid is Burning Man festival

Post by LAglamrocker »

Middle of desert 🐪 heat
Lowest human life ever
You attend this event definitely going to Hell

I hope parking is 300$ per day
I hope water is 22$
I hope food trucks make millions off the trash attending

Slaughter-Steelheart -Enuff ZNuff at nice historic parking lot ⭐️
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Honestly how stupid is Burning Man festival

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Hippies hate Death Metal...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

A rock website where people hate festivals. We have become the enemy...

(Yeah, I'm old too and haven't been to a (outdoors, multi day) festival for ten years...)
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:18 pm Hippies hate Death Metal...
Except that most of the attendees are rich, white assholes, who have too much time on their hands and decide to be edgy for a few days.

Burning Man is yet another festival taken over by the one percent who are completely devoid of the real reason the festival started in the first place.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

its so popular that no one goes there anymore
GreatWhiteSnake

AlexVonHaig wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:59 am its so popular that no one goes there anymore
OK Yogi...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
ElectrickMagick
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ElectrickMagick »

As someone who lives in the Bay Area, Burning Man is one of my favorite weekends of the year, all the tech-bro douche bags are gone! Rejoice!

Burning Man is kind of a cool idea, but also shrouded in hypocrisy. "Let's talk about how we love the earth by driving to a desert, sitting inside an air conditioned RV or tent all day, and then burn things at night!" Brilliant!

I know people who go to Burning Man and they love it (good for them), but the event has become a parody of itself.
Neil Diamond Dave
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by Neil Diamond Dave »

I'd rather go to PowerTrip, if I'm paying $22 a water and $300 for parking. At least there's a patch of grass and a palm tree to lay under, while I'm listening to my favorite middle-aged golden oldies.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

What about all rich old dudes with young retail sluts acting like Paris Hilton?…still better than Metallica and Tool setlists

Tool is garbage I have to hear them at Aftershock..but I’ll be far far far away from that stage at Aftershock

Hope cops arrest everyone at Burning Man

Burning Bridges -She’s Gone -Kiss The Clown#goodpeople
GreatWhiteSnake

Who goes to Burning Man? Increasingly, it’s rich, well-educated people
The share of attendees who identified as people of color is also increasing.

CARLOS AVILA GONZALEZ/SFC
Who are the Burning Man attendees camping out in the Nevada desert for a week to meet friends, create art and, if they want, howl at the moon? Data collected by the festival organizers gives a pretty good idea.

During and after each festival, whose first iteration was held in San Francisco in 1986, organizers survey attendees to collect demographic information. The recently released findings from the 2022 event shows members of the ephemeral Black Rock City — a town Burning Man organizers build and demolish every festival — are increasingly wealthy and well-educated. About 75,000 people attended the 2022 event, according to an organizer, down from 79,000 in 2019.

About 16% of attendees in 2022, often referred to as “burners,” had household incomes of at least $300,000 a year, well more than the 7% in 2013. In the U.S. population as a whole, the share of people in households making over that threshold went up only from 5% to 7.2% over the same period, according to U.S. census data.

Additionally, more than a third of burners, 34%, had a graduate degree in 2022, up from 24% in 2013. That’s significantly higher than the 14% of the United States population age 25 and older that have a graduate degree, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

The burner crowd has changed in other ways. A higher share of attendees identified as a person of color, growing from 7% in 2013 to 13% in 2022. Still, in 2022, about 81% of burners identified as non-Hispanic white, while 10% identified as Hispanic or Latino and 8% identified as Asian. Only 2% identified as non-Hispanic Black.

Event founder Larry Harvey once dismissed the lack of racial diversity by claiming Black people don’t like to camp as much as white people. But in 2020, organizers acknowledged that the community is predominantly white and formed an internal anti-racism group.

Burning Man is growing more diverse in another way, however: A higher share of attendees are identifying as bisexual and asexual at 15% and 2.5%, respectively, up from 8% and less than 1% in 2013. Another 10% identified as bicurious while 9% identified as gay or lesbian.

Only 60% of burners identified as straight in 2022, the lowest percentage since at least 2013, when organizers revamped their data collection approach.

At least one part of the festival’s demographics has remained fairly consistent: A whole lot of burners are from California. That was the case for more than 38% of attendees in 2022, though this was less than the 42% in 2013. Only 4% were from Burning Man’s host state of Nevada.
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

I used to want to go until I heard that you are supposed to ask for consent in the "Orgy Dome." That kind of ruined it for me. I thought that finally there is a place where I can run wild with no consequences, but then I heard about the consent bullshit and decided it wasn't for me.

This might not be worded correctly, but with all this great "diversity" that is now showing up at the festival how long before there starts to be shootings and gang activity? It would be the perfect place to unwind violently. Dust a few people and the description would be "it appeared to be a grey alien in steampunk garb riding a unicycle."
DavidLeeLarsUlrichRoth
Headlining Clubs

Post by DavidLeeLarsUlrichRoth »

The original Burning Man :)
The population explosion would be less of a problem if lighting the fuse didn't feel so good.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Isn't Burning Man the freaky sex themed one? Thus the name afterwards?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

DavidLeeLarsUlrichRoth wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:43 am Image

The original Burning Man :)
Your time will come.
ImageImage
TravisBicklesMohawk

"Event founder Larry Harvey once dismissed the lack of racial diversity by claiming Black people don’t like to camp as much as white people.
But in 2020, organizers acknowledged that the community is predominantly white and formed an internal anti-racism group."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

But be careful . . . the blacks might start to take over like they did with hockey, skate boarding, and gymnastics.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:19 pm Event founder Larry Harvey once dismissed the lack of racial diversity by claiming Black people don’t like to camp as much as white people. But in 2020, organizers acknowledged that the community is predominantly white and formed an internal anti-racism group.
So basically, we need to get a bunch of non-whites to go do dumb shit in the desert that's only interesting to white people with too much money, in order to make those white people feel better about themselves. Got it.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Your answer is right here > https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 4#p7738284

$tEvil :D
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Umbrellas only 100$ per hour!
VIP Mud tents only 2500$ per day!

Getting little nervous going be cloudy and only 73* during Steelheart ☀️ day!
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

ElectrickMagick wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:22 am As someone who lives in the Bay Area, Burning Man is one of my favorite weekends of the year, all the tech-bro douche bags are gone! Rejoice!

Burning Man is kind of a cool idea, but also shrouded in hypocrisy. "Let's talk about how we love the earth by driving to a desert, sitting inside an air conditioned RV or tent all day, and then burn things at night!" Brilliant!

I know people who go to Burning Man and they love it (good for them), but the event has become a parody of itself.
It's a search for a feeling of community. And I'd say that those who started the thing kind of found that. But like many things, if it grows too far beyond that, it becomes more of a "see and be seen" kind of event than anything else. Early Nirvana fans found out what that's like. And early metal fans (now the "death to false metal" crowd) found that out too. Same phenomena is what ultimately killed 80s glam rock. I would agree that Burning Man's roots in a kind of environmentalist ethos make the current version seem quite a bit hypocritical. Of course, that might describe just about everybody in the "greens."
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

No power! No internet’ Trapped Under Mud!
Hurricane Hilary..Back For More!
Bathrooms are flooding :lol:

VH1! Film ..The Rise and Fall of Burning Man!
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Minus a flood in the desert, if I were between 18-25, I'd probably love it. I went to Woodstock 94 and 99 in my late 20s/early 30s and loved both. Now at almost 57, something must be a damn good show in an air-conditioned venue to get me to drive 15 minutes.
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Sticky »

Check out this awesome video of some climate protesters at Burning Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8fDM60MS84
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

So not one person looked at a upcoming weather report? How foolish can you be.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

It’s Tard City. I’d rather go to Rocklahoma and I wouldn’t go to Rocklahoma if Stevie paid me in the low five figures for the weekend to be Sludge Correspondent 2Tard @ Large
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

One guy died because it sucked so much.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/burning-man- ... 43319.html
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
TravisBicklesMohawk

ParaDime77 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:19 pm So not one person looked at a upcoming weather report? How foolish can you be.
Cause it's Burning Man . . . we don't need no stinking weather reports!!!! 8)
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
TravisBicklesMohawk

Sticky wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:20 pm Check out this awesome video of some climate protesters at Burning Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8fDM60MS84
And is suspect that's the same road that got washed out? Oh, the irony!!! :lol: :lol:
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Is the hell over yet :lol: :lol:
Memories for lifetime :lol: :lol: :lol:
All clips of everyone suffering is hilarious 10 10 10 :lol:

Mad Max weekend people should come and cause more chaos for Burning Man dipsh*ts!!

Burning Man the perfect Sh*T Storm and CM Punk getting fired!!! All while enjoying life at max 10! With sun! Beach views ! Beach food! Every cool hair band on the Strip with Metallica and Pantera and Sofi!

Burning suffering Dipsh*tsMania 2023 ha ha ha