RATE A LIVE SHOW 1-10 ... TUFF Live at "The Mirage" Minneapolis Minnesota Sept. 27th 1992 (Full Show)

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

RATE A LIVE SHOW 1-10 ... TUFF Live at "The Mirage" Minneapolis Minnesota Sept. 27th 1992 (Full Show)

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

The audio is surpisngly good, for a video from 30+ years ago!

This is when I had hair... crazy to see the flowing locks.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGdsj8-9rI&t=190s

Ready, Set, Sludge!

$tEvil
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Re: RATE A LIVE SHOW 1-10 ... TUFF Live at "The Mirage" Minneapolis Minnesota Sept. 27th 1992 (Full Show)

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I have the Decade of Disrespect video and recognize this show! Is this the one where you did your Sebastian Bach impression and jumped off stage and threatened to beat the shit out of the guy with the Jets shirt?

And yes...the hair was still there Stevie but Jorge has freakishly luxurious hair and maybe even out hair flips Joel Hoekstra throughout the show!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: RATE A LIVE SHOW 1-10 ... TUFF Live at "The Mirage" Minneapolis Minnesota Sept. 27th 1992 (Full Show)

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:34 am I have the Decade of Disrespect video and recognize this show! Is this the one where you did your Sebastian Bach impression and jumped off stage and threatened to beat the shit out of the guy with the Jets shirt?

And yes...the hair was still there Stevie but Jorge has freakishly luxurious hair and maybe even out hair flips Joel Hoekstra throughout the show!
"""""""""""""""where you did your Sebastian Bach impression and jumped off stage""""""""""""""""

Bach impression, no?

I didn't hurt any innocent bystanders, and wasn't reckless and unhinged.

I simply called the guy out right there in front of the whole place then as he stood there looking like "Who me?", I jumped off the stage and was right in his face.

I would have loved to have seen his face when I stopped and pointed at him, and suddenly I was 1 foot in front him.

$tEvil
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Do they have a separate mic for the sound and synced it up with the video? That sounds way too good for a standard bootleg.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:46 pm Do they have a separate mic for the sound and synced it up with the video? That sounds way too good for a standard bootleg.

""""""""""""That sounds way too good for a standard bootleg."""""""""""""

Yeah?

Ask the guy who uploaded it... have no idea where it came from.

That's straight from the video camera, unless there was a full crew and mobile studio at our show and I was unaware. :roll:

$tEvil
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

This video comes up a lot in my YouTube feed. I’ve watched it several times. You had some major steam coming out of your head at the ice throwing idiot in that crowd. Hard to believe but 40 years later this is still an issue. Cell phones and beers are now being hurled at some pretty big name acts. There are a few morons in every crowd. That will never change. Rating: 9
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Damn this show is awesome!

Band sounds great. Great drum sound too and I love all of the stick tricks!

Hey Stevie, do you have any original Tuff shirts for sale? Like ones from 1991-1994? Not a reprint but original ones. I will buy if you have large or XL.
Last edited by MattleyCrue on Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:29 am The audio is surpisngly good, for a video from 30+ years ago!

Ready, Set, Sludge!

$tEvil
That was good. A solid 6 or 7. Your band's backing vox are probably the weak spot. It's not as good as Omaha 1991. You guys were on FIRE in Omaha 1991. But you're still really good here. Your new bassist was good. Him and Jorge just weren't as good vocally as Todd was. Though it was funny when you gave Todd sh*t for quitting. You weren't wrong.

I wasn't the biggest fan of your first album. I liked your three songs, RPB and ANG. But I would have dug you guys had I seen you opening in arenas or in a theater or in a club with some of the other, later bands like Vain or Steelheart...bands like that.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:03 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:29 am The audio is surpisngly good, for a video from 30+ years ago!

Ready, Set, Sludge!

$tEvil
That was good. A solid 6 or 7. Your band's backing vox are probably the weak spot. It's not as good as Omaha 1991. You guys were on FIRE in Omaha 1991. But you're still really good here. Your new bassist was good. Him and Jorge just weren't as good vocally as Todd was. Though it was funny when you gave Todd sh*t for quitting. You weren't wrong.

I wasn't the biggest fan of your first album. I liked your three songs, RPB and ANG. But I would have dug you guys had I seen you opening in arenas or in a theater or in a club with some of the other, later bands like Vain or Steelheart...bands like that.
Yes... Chase was before and is now, the second voice in the band,...

Even though Chase doesn't have the best singing voice, he's loud and powerful... Jorge couldn't sing for shit, nor could Michael.

Thanks for the compliments...

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:52 pm Damn this show is awesome!

Band sounds great. Great drum sound too and I love all of the stick tricks!

Hey Stevie, do you have any original Tuff shirts for sale? Like ones from 1991-1994? Not a reprint but original ones. I will buy if you have large or XL.
Thanks for the props. yes Michael had a cool style... and is a good guy too!

OG tees for sale... no... sorry...check eBay... I have seen some cool stuff, but they're also not cheap.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TeslaFan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:46 pm This video comes up a lot in my YouTube feed. I’ve watched it several times. You had some major steam coming out of your head at the ice throwing idiot in that crowd. Hard to believe but 40 years later this is still an issue. Cell phones and beers are now being hurled at some pretty big name acts. There are a few morons in every crowd. That will never change. Rating: 9
""""""""""""""You had some major steam coming out of your head at the ice throwing idiot in that crowd.""""""""""""""""

Yeah... if you watch the video, before I actually stop the show and address this guy... he threw ice at me (us) several times.

No he didn't hit anyone in the face, but can you imagine being on stage, with the lights in your face and then having an ice cube hit your eye?

$tEvil
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

With bands I saw live around that time in similar sized venues

I’d say 6

Not quite Jackyl but way better than Wildside.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

The Lonely Lucy intro is awesome! I am a huge Charlie Brown fan so that was hilarious! Peppermint Patty 😝😝😝
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Not Jack Bulter
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Not Jack Bulter »

I'd give it a 7. It's cool to see some good footage of the band, but I'm actively hating Jorge's tone here. It's like jamming an ice pick in my ear.

I'd like to be able to hear the bass during guitar solos, but either the mix is a little off or Jorge is eating the frequency band with that tone.