Stones Annoucement w/ Jimmy Fallon

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Stones Annoucement w/ Jimmy Fallon

Post by chungasrevenge »

"Angry" is better than "Sex Drive."
DwightFry
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by DwightFry »

There's something comforting in the Stones still releasing new material. They just keep resetting the bar.
dweezil wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:07 pm "Angry".... song is meh.

Stones haven't made a truly good record since 1982. Since then there's been enough really good songs to fill maybe 3 full length albums. The last tune I genuinely liked was "Doom And Gloom" from 2012.
What record did they release in 1982?

I loved Voodoo Lounge.
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

DwightFry wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:26 pm There's something comforting in the Stones still releasing new material. They just keep resetting the bar.
dweezil wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:07 pm "Angry".... song is meh.

Stones haven't made a truly good record since 1982. Since then there's been enough really good songs to fill maybe 3 full length albums. The last tune I genuinely liked was "Doom And Gloom" from 2012.
What record did they release in 1982?
Prolly referring to Undercover, which they made in 1982 and released in 1983...? I dig Undercover, last good/very good album in my book.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

The last time I bought anything by the Rolling Stones... I was 11 years old and spent my allowance on the "Harlem Shuffle" 45 single.

Saved my larger investments for Weird Al Yankovic's Dare to be Stupid and the WWF Wrestling Album.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Mister Freeze wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:14 am That's the first time I've ever wanted to masturbate after watching a Rolling Stones video.
https://youtu.be/VQh8oh0rj3s?si=b7dOUayOlx2SMkp6

Tho I guess according to your last post, you were 8 when this came out.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-rolling- ... new-album/
The Rolling Stones have confirmed that their forthcoming record Hackney Diamonds will feature contributions from the likes of Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, Elton John, bassist Bill Wyman, and late drummer Charlie Watts. The band announced the news along with the album’s tracklist, which you can find below.

Hackney Diamonds is out October 20 via Geffen, marking the Stones’ first full-length since their 2005 LP A Bigger Bang. Lady Gaga contributes vocals to “Sweet Sounds of Heaven,” which also includes keys recorded by Stevie Wonder. Charlie Watts’ drumming appears on “Mess It Up” and and “Live By the Sword,” the latter of which also features piano courtesy of Elton John and bass from former Stones member Bill Wyman. John also appears on “Get Close,” while Paul McCartney adds bass to “Bite My Head Off.”

The Rolling Stones shared lead single “Angry” earlier this month along with a music video starring Sydney Sweeney. The band recorded Hackney Diamonds in Los Angeles, London, the Bahamas, and New York with producer Andrew Watt.

Hackney Diamonds:

01 Angry
02 Get Close
03 Depending on You
04 Bite My Head Off
05 Whole Wide World
06 Dreamy Skies
07 Mess It Up
08 Live By the Sword
09 Driving Me Too Hard
10 Tell Me Straight
11 Sweet Sounds of Heaven
12 Rolling Stone Blues
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:21 am
That will never happen. Stones won the game, they're jam-packing stadiums on their own at a pretty penny and have a solid lineup, they don't need to throw Paul a bone or play any Beatles. As funny as it'd be to see Jagger sing When I'm 64!
Agree it wouldn’t happen, but “throw Paul a bone”?!

He plays the same sorts of venues they do.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Another snippet w/ Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/slCKa_8yUNE
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

I cannot wait to hear sweet sounds of heaven! I played that clip a bunch of times. It’s probably going to be epic. Thursday can’t come soon enough! I wish stuff would just leak!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

MattleyCrue wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:42 pm I cannot wait to hear sweet sounds of heaven! I played that clip a bunch of times. It’s probably going to be epic. Thursday can’t come soon enough! I wish stuff would just leak!
Tomorrow is the day. Love the clips here.

https://twitter.com/RollingStones/statu ... 7786339697
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

I'm a huge Stones fan, and if they tour, I will go see them.
I heard the song, Angry. It seemed very Stones-ish, it reminded me of Tattoo You, which was perfection, start to finish! I liked it well enough. I haven't seen a video.

I heard that the name of the album, Hackney Diamonds, has a backstory.

Back in the day, when shops were broken into, the window glass on the ground was called Hackney Diamonds, so there you go.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:11 pm I'm a huge Stones fan, and if they tour, I will go see them.
I heard the song, Angry. It seemed very Stones-ish, it reminded me of Tattoo You, which was perfection, start to finish! I liked it well enough. I haven't seen a video.

Back in the day, when shops were broken into, the window glass on the ground was called Hackney Diamonds, so there you go.
, and did you hear how they first announced the album with the newspaper ad? Hackney is a district in East London and has a newspaper called, "The Hackey Gazette". A few months the following ad appeared one day, so there you go. Arguably the biggest band and the world places an ad in a small newspaper to hint towards a new album. Love it.

Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Shit...I actually like the new song. https://youtu.be/JYhIXwWn9TQ
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Wow, this new song is pretty damn cool, sounds very 70s...
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

cowpins wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:03 am
Metal Sludge wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:11 pm I'm a huge Stones fan, and if they tour, I will go see them.

, and did you hear how they first announced the album with the newspaper ad? Hackney is a district in East London and has a newspaper called, "The Hackey Gazette". A few months the following ad appeared one day, so there you go. Arguably the biggest band and the world places an ad in a small newspaper to hint towards a new album. Love it.

That's awesome!!!
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new song
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Gwrexx »

MattleyCrue wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:12 pm LOVE LOVE LOVE the new song
So do I. DAMN it's great...one of the best songs they've done in 40 years IMO..
Ain't flinging tears out on the dusty ground for all my friends out on the burial ground. Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down. It's just that demon life has got me in its sway
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Just the fact that we are hearing new material has me as giddy. Yes, love it...however, I'll admit that the first time I listened around the :48 mark I was like, "ok, go somewhere?" Where's the chord progression?" But the more and more I listen to it I love it for, well, it.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I played the new song driving and ran through 20 red lights in his arms.

Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.