Foreigner Teases Major Tour For 2024

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

RockRadio883
Music Fan

Foreigner Teases Major Tour For 2024

Post by RockRadio883 »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/foreigner ... zpFsbYjBgA

You have to wonder if it's some Live Nation stadium tour monstrosity. I don't know what else could qualify to be teasing a major 2024 tour, they can't go back to the Live Nation sheds, they've been there done that and sold the t-shirts.

It was loosely speculated last year that LN saw the success of the Stadium Tour and doing a 70s classic rock dinosaur package was the next sensible step (you remember they stuck Green Day, Fallout Boy & Weezer in stadiums), the speculation was Journey 50th Anniversary but once I saw they were doing arenas I figured that plan was dead.

I could stand the thought of it if it was multi band package. 65-75 mins each, everyone brings the heat. Live Nation is in the business of selling parking, shirts and margaritas in fishbowls, the music is a side show. They aren't so shy about Groupons and discounted tickets. A night full of hits is irresistible to the couple concerts a year/box wine/big night out crowd. I never thought in a million years when the rumors started that DL/Crue/Poison/Jett would be a stadium show. I stood there in the middle the field in Highmark Stadium in Buffalo looking around, like holy cow, they more or less pulled this off.

I'd like to see in any order:

Foreigner
REO
Styx
Bad Company
Cheap Trick
Night Ranger

My life won't be any better if I see what's left of Journey again but I would imagine if I'm close to being right on this idea, they have to be in the conversation.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Foreigner Teases Major Tour For 2024

Post by Tymaster »

My initial thoughts were that they are the opening act, or one of the opening acts, for whatever "The Stadium Tour 2024" is. Def Leppard and Journey part 3? Journey and Motley Crue? Bon Jovi and Aersomith? Some such bullshit with Foreigner taking on the hallowed 4:00 pm slot. Sounds like some bullshit LN would pull.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Amazing how fast the plans change for 2024. Foreigner was on Good Morning America last month touting their retirement tour. Now the show goes on her usual when the money is right.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

RockRadio883 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:57 pm I'd like to see in any order:

Foreigner
REO
Styx
Bad Company
Cheap Trick
Night Ranger

Any combination of the above is a shed package.

Foreigner is in the middle of being the first scab band to have a "farewell tour," which is pretty impressive for the balls alone. I don't see how they top that.

Journey + Def Leppard + Foreigner = summer stadiums? Maybe.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
RockRadio883
Music Fan

Post by RockRadio883 »

I thought number of acts might make up for they’re not being a clear headline act but maybe Journey would be part of the answer for sure. Be curious if anything of substance starts leaking here
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Meanwhile Mick Jones stays home and still gets more money than anyone in the band. Gene and Paul are taking notes.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

ParaDime77 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:19 pm Amazing how fast the plans change for 2024. Foreigner was on Good Morning America last month touting their retirement tour. Now the show goes on her usual when the money is right.
Who said the farewell tour was one year/one leg? Who EVER says that? Farewell tours go on as long as the fans will buy tickets to them.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Foreigner is nothing without Lou Gramm! Can’t wait to see the legendary Lou Gramm next month! The real voice of Foreigner!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Lou should sing for Hurricane
Would be better than the original Hurricane
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:55 pm Lou should sing for Hurricane
Would be better than the original Hurricane
That would be cool or maybe Shadow King reunion
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Hurricane/Shadow King way better then The Fake Stadium Tour II!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Post by Brainy Lane »

Tymaster wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:10 pm My initial thoughts were that they are the opening act, or one of the opening acts, for whatever "The Stadium Tour 2024" is. Def Leppard and Journey part 3? Journey and Motley Crue? Bon Jovi and Aersomith? Some such bullshit with Foreigner taking on the hallowed 4:00 pm slot. Sounds like some bullshit LN would pull.
It’s Bert’s 2024 Party Gras tour!!
Has to be. According to a press release I read, it was one of the biggest tours of the summer!
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Mister Freeze wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:20 pm Journey + Def Leppard + Foreigner = summer stadiums? Maybe.
[/size]
This is the most attractive out of all of the options mentioned so far.

DL and Journey have toured together in the past. Hard to believe adding Foreigner would boost them from arenas to stadiums though! Maybe a mix of sheds, arenas and a few stadium dates.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:01 am
Mister Freeze wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:20 pm Journey + Def Leppard + Foreigner = summer stadiums? Maybe.
[/size]
This is the most attractive out of all of the options mentioned so far.

DL and Journey have toured together in the past. Hard to believe adding Foreigner would boost them from arenas to stadiums though! Maybe a mix of sheds, arenas and a few stadium dates.
Last Dl/JRNY tour did around a dozen or so stadiums and they did quite well. They added openers for the stadium shows like Cheap Trick, The Pretenders, Peter Frampton, and, you guessed it Foriegner. I've no doubt it could be routed to just stadiums.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
dweezil

Post by dweezil »

RockRadio883 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:57 pm I'd like to see in any order:

Foreigner
REO
Styx
Bad Company
Cheap Trick
Night Ranger

My life won't be any better if I see what's left of Journey again but I would imagine if I'm close to being right on this idea, they have to be in the conversation.

Barring Cheap Trick, don't all of these acts tour together on a pretty regular basis already?
REO and Styx seem to tour together every other year or something.

Hasn't Night Ranger opened for all these guys at least once in the last 15 years?

Maybe if all 6 bands here all played together in a festival type thing (Night Ranger going on at 3 PM and play their hour, then CT, etc...), they might be able to fill a stadium.. with heavily discounted or stupid cheap tickets.
You can listen to my two albums here.... Sludge away, fuckers!

http://easeintothenoise.bandcamp.com
RockRadio883
Music Fan

Post by RockRadio883 »

That was my logic with a half dozen bands all together promising nothing but the hits all day and all night might be an attractive package and yes tickets would have to be too good to refuse price wise. The number of acts make up for the lack of extra spice. We’ve seen it all before but not in one night for one price.

We know these bands basically get shuffled around every year but the average putz who goes to a concert or two a year probably doesn’t know better. They see 6 bands and OMG they’re all together? That’s a night on the town. Not quite the Youth Gone Wild but the Middle Aged Gone Vaguely Naughty.

Maybe I’ve devoted too much time to this but I don’t think another round of sheds qualifies as a “major tour” tease for 2024. It sounds like a large scale tour to me.

Question remains who would do it with them? I didn’t consider a Leppard/Journey tour again until a few posts ago but unless I’m missing someone obvious, idk who else could be involved? This entire genre is running out of steam and fast.

Frampton? It’s a miracle he’s back on the road with his health issues. I just watched him sit and play for 2 hrs but it was fantastic.

Steve Miller? If the money was good, he seems like he’d never agree to a big package tour like this.

Chicago? Might not translate to a big crowd in an arena much less a stadium.

Alice? Doesn’t fit the AOR vibe.

Doobie Brothers? Lower on bill could add a pinch of star power but not by much

ZZ Top or Skynyrd? Ghoulish as they’ve both become, people love the hits.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Tour poster :

dweezil

Post by dweezil »

RockRadio883 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:34 pm That was my logic with a half dozen bands all together promising nothing but the hits all day and all night might be an attractive package and yes tickets would have to be too good to refuse price wise. The number of acts make up for the lack of extra spice. We’ve seen it all before but not in one night for one price.

We know these bands basically get shuffled around every year but the average putz who goes to a concert or two a year probably doesn’t know better. They see 6 bands and OMG they’re all together? That’s a night on the town. Not quite the Youth Gone Wild but the Middle Aged Gone Vaguely Naughty.

Maybe I’ve devoted too much time to this but I don’t think another round of sheds qualifies as a “major tour” tease for 2024. It sounds like a large scale tour to me.

Question remains who would do it with them? I didn’t consider a Leppard/Journey tour again until a few posts ago but unless I’m missing someone obvious, idk who else could be involved? This entire genre is running out of steam and fast.

Frampton? It’s a miracle he’s back on the road with his health issues. I just watched him sit and play for 2 hrs but it was fantastic.

Steve Miller? If the money was good, he seems like he’d never agree to a big package tour like this.

Chicago? Might not translate to a big crowd in an arena much less a stadium.

Alice? Doesn’t fit the AOR vibe.

Doobie Brothers? Lower on bill could add a pinch of star power but not by much

ZZ Top or Skynyrd? Ghoulish as they’ve both become, people love the hits.
Methinks Frampton would do it just so he can say he played stadiums again (even if he was only the first or second artist on the bill). I mean, he was really only able to tour stadiums for about a year and a half in 1976-77.

The others you mentioned probably wouldn't do it. Would they even do decent number in arenas these days?
You can listen to my two albums here.... Sludge away, fuckers!

http://easeintothenoise.bandcamp.com
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

RockRadio883 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:34 pm Not quite the Youth Gone Wild but the Middle Aged Gone Vaguely Naughty.

"Vaguely Naughty" sounds like a song a reunited Danger Danger could release in 2023.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.