Remember METALSHOP Radio show? Few episodes here.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Remember METALSHOP Radio show? Few episodes here.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Excellent...

I have some Cassette tapes, sent to us by the Producers, after our episode aired.

I wrote about this elsewhere in the past...

So we're doing Press at Atlantic Records... and we got a Fax the day before... as to who would do what, when, in what order, etc...

They broke us into 2 groups, Michael and Jorge, and then Todd and myself... and sometimes, we would flip flop but doing these interviews in pairs or the full band.

We get our list... and it has us doing like 10 interviews in an afternoon... sometimes more...

Also.. I recall sometimes... they would invite in like 5-6 or more outlets (Fanzine, Magazine, Radio person, etc...) and they would ALL sit in a conference room.

We'd all be at a huge table... full band at times, and then everyone would turn on their recording device, and the interviewers would ask their question. we'd answer, then the next and so on.

Then one of the outlets was Metal Shop, featuring Charlie Kendall, and we were SUPER stoked to be on this show... but the person that showed up was some random College girl... and she's like "I am Lisa, from Metal Shop..." and we're like "Where is Charlie Kendall?"

He didn't interview ANYONE... it was just rep's for labels, who get the questions sorted with random students, from wherever... they would record our answers, and then the tapes would be forwarded to Charlie... and he would listen in his home studio, splice it up and set-up our answer with his question, then roll tape.

We were bummed...

Once it aired, it was kind of funny to hear it, as he literally pronounced my name 3-4 different ways, and he seemed like they were all wrong.

Stevie Ray Chell blah, blah, blah... then it was Steve Rachel and what sounded like everything but Rachelle, which rhymes with Michelle.

I have the tapes somewhere in the warehouse... ahh... the good ole' days!

$tEvil