ILLNESS ... All the concert cancellations due to "Illness", is "Illness" the NEW Covid?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: ILLNESS ... All the concert cancellations due to "Illness", is "Illness" the NEW Covid?

Post by Mojo »

Kerry67 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:17 am Who said I was a Trumper? While I did vote for him and I liked his policies, I don't think he should be back in office. But he's a better choice that the fool in office now.
Legit question that I've never gotten to ask a Trump voter: Do you feel like Trump personally sowed division? If so, do you think that that division was healthy for the country? If not, do you think spending every speaking engagement specifically speaking out against Democrats, Liberals, etc, was warranted or necessary, or do you feel that he even did that? It seems like Trump voters/supporters just take for granted everything he said instead of seeing any of it as propaganda or rhetoric. That's insane, to me.
While I don't think he actually made good on many of his promises, his policies in and of themselves were far less harmful to the country than his specific, targeted, us-against-them rhetoric. The divide to the US populace itself that he specifically, calculatedly created will take generations to overcome, and if you think that four more years of inciting people to hatred against each other instead of the food in office now is better for the country, I think it speaks volumes toward exactly why the divide will never heal.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Re: ILLNESS ... All the concert cancellations due to "Illness", is "Illness" the NEW Covid?

Post by BadDogWater »

greengoblinrulz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:27 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:31 pm
greengoblinrulz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:04 pm Covid was obviously very very serious in 2020, a lung disease that could/did kill. Took it very seriously
Covid in 2023 is just the cold/flu bug. Nobody wants the cold/flu but were shows being cancelled for those pre 2020? Hell, work was barely allowing you to call out of work for it
That's all it is nowadays
It still can kill the more at-risk people with pre-existing health problems. That number of deaths is a lot less these days thanks to vaccines and booster shots, thankfully. Of course, the vaccine isn't 100% foolproof, but being 90% protected is still better than no protection at all, something the anti-vaxxers don't seem to understand nor want to understand.
Absolutely, I shouldve said not including elderly & at risk but they also were highly at risk before 2020 also. I got the flu shot before the pandemic & will probably do it again shortly. Dont think Ill get another Covid shot now tho as they seem to be the same thing.
Yes Flu shot, Polo shot, leukemia tomato Tamota.
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kerry67 »

Mojo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:45 am
Kerry67 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:17 am Who said I was a Trumper? While I did vote for him and I liked his policies, I don't think he should be back in office. But he's a better choice that the fool in office now.
Legit question that I've never gotten to ask a Trump voter: Do you feel like Trump personally sowed division? If so, do you think that that division was healthy for the country? If not, do you think spending every speaking engagement specifically speaking out against Democrats, Liberals, etc, was warranted or necessary, or do you feel that he even did that? It seems like Trump voters/supporters just take for granted everything he said instead of seeing any of it as propaganda or rhetoric. That's insane, to me.
While I don't think he actually made good on many of his promises, his policies in and of themselves were far less harmful to the country than his specific, targeted, us-against-them rhetoric. The divide to the US populace itself that he specifically, calculatedly created will take generations to overcome, and if you think that four more years of inciting people to hatred against each other instead of the food in office now is better for the country, I think it speaks volumes toward exactly why the divide will never heal.
I do think he sowed division. But, he NEVER stood a chance. The night he was elected, they were talking about impeaching him. He had good policies, he just needed to shut his mouth. I think it's hilarious that with all the lefts hatred towards Trump, yet they like Hillary and Bill Clinton. Why does Bill get a pass for all his crap he did while if office?
Why does MAKE AMERICA GREAT piss liberals off? Shouldn't that be the job of ANY President? Too many double standards. Trump gets caught with classified papers, the left goes nuts. Biden gets caught for same thing, it's swept under the rug.
Why could there NOT possibly be voter fraud when a democrat wins? But when Trump won, Russia rigged it.
IF you don't fit the liberal agenda, they won't even listen to you, where every conservative I know, at least will have a discussion.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Kerry67 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:19 am I do think he sowed division. But, he NEVER stood a chance. The night he was elected, they were talking about impeaching him. He had good policies, he just needed to shut his mouth. I think it's hilarious that with all the lefts hatred towards Trump, yet they like Hillary and Bill Clinton. Why does Bill get a pass for all his crap he did while if office?
I mean, he was impeached. I agree with you, though. I can't see what Liberals see in the Clintons in general. Both are status-quo upholding, made, lifelong politicians. Exactly what we don't need.

Why does MAKE AMERICA GREAT piss liberals off?
Because the blatant lying, sucking up to dictators, inciting extreme division, negotiating to release 5000 Taliban, cuddling up to the nation that most largely took part in 9/11 while separating from the others and instigating massive conspiracy theories without providing even a shred of evidence did exactly the opposite. He made the US a laughing stock, despite what those who don't bother traveling outside of the US will tell you.

Shouldn't that be the job of ANY President? Too many double standards. Trump gets caught with classified papers, the left goes nuts. Biden gets caught for same thing, it's swept under the rug.
I think the same punishments should apply to anyone, no matter their status, but it's willfully obtuse to claim the two cases are the same, isn't it?

Why could there NOT possibly be voter fraud when a democrat wins? But when Trump won, Russia rigged it.
The same reason it was never voter fraud when a Republican won, but absolutely voter fraud when they didn't. There's just no evidence of it on either side. Widespread voter fraud just straight up doesn't exist, and the dude most ardently crying about it was never able to provide even a shred of proof.

IF you don't fit the liberal agenda, they won't even listen to you, where every conservative I know, at least will have a discussion.
That's because so much of what has recently become Conservative or Republican talking points revolve around conspiracy theories and misinformation. I'm a lot more moderate than you'd think, and I work in a VERY Republican, Trump-loving area and profession. It's shocking how quickly any conversation with what they're calling Republicans now devolves straight into "well, the Liberals are harvesting baby parts!" or some equally batshit crazy Don't Damn Me style insanity.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Illness 23..I like it
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Kerry67 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:17 am
aerozeppelin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:58 am Who said I was a Trumper? While I did vote for him and I liked his policies, I don't think he should be back in office. But he's a better choice that the fool in office now.
For what reason?
WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

Illness is definitely the new word for covid. People have been extremely hostile about covid all this year up until recently when so many public figures started testing positive at once. I've had so many people I know act downright hostile toward me for wearing a mask. And this is without me saying a word. They just saw me with one on and it's all "why are you wearing a mask for?" or "hah, look he's wearing a mask" or "take that stupid thing off, covid is over!!". And these aren't even diehard Trumpers. And I debated them all very politely and told them to go look up Walgreens testing data, wastewater data, and how people in Congress like Dick Durbin and Nancy Mace have had it three times in the last year. Then go read the scientific studies on damage to the immune systems and organs that is not exactly impossible to have happen.

The fact is, a lot of industries have a lot of money invested in people being out and about as if it's 2019 and a lot of people have a lot invested in wanting to pretend it's 2019. If people aren't out, then the industries for fossil fuels, live entertainment, move theaters, air travel, restaurants, and all sorts of tourism die out. Veterinarians become almost impossible to get an appointment with and all sorts of crime goes up. But a lot of people will not suffer disability or death. With everything open and no one taking precautions, we get survival of the fittest. The government has saved a lot of money with a lot of the sickest people dead. The stat showing how much was saved is around somewhere.

Anyway, the public largely believed covid had been eradicated up until lately. For the last almost two years they believed it was a "mild cold" or that you couldn't get it if you had a vaccine. People still ask me if it's a mild cold now when I do find someone curious as to why I still mask. It can seem mild but be doing damage that isn't that detectable. It's in the best interests of a lot of powerful people to brainwash the public into thinking this is no big deal. Like in Jaws. MAGA will say you are a "sheep" if you mask, but right now they have the same position on masking as Joe Biden and the Democrats.

If I recall, the politicians passed something putting funds towards advancing tech to deal with this virus after they let the emergency funding expire. If this isn't successful, people will just keep accumulating infections and damage and eventually live events will have to take serious mitigation matters or people will just stop going in large numbers. Some acts will retire or stay off the road due to the risk or because they lost key personnel to infection. Why these mega-rich acts feel like they need to keep touring and picking up infections is beyond me. They could just hangout at their mansions or maybe actually make some good records for the first time in years.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

WCiezak wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:05 pm I've had so many people I know act downright hostile toward me for wearing a mask. And this is without me saying a word. They just saw me with one on and it's all "why are you wearing a mask for?" or "hah, look he's wearing a mask" or "take that stupid thing off, covid is over!!". And these aren't even diehard Trumpers. And I debated them all very politely and told them to go look up Walgreens testing data, wastewater data, and how people in Congress like Dick Durbin and Nancy Mace have had it three times in the last year. Then go read the scientific studies on damage to the immune systems and organs that is not exactly impossible to have happen.
Did you wear a cloth mark under a paper mask though? Our former safety expert TenBenny said we needed to wear N95 or K95 masks only.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

Nate S Axel wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:16 pm
WCiezak wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:05 pm I've had so many people I know act downright hostile toward me for wearing a mask. And this is without me saying a word. They just saw me with one on and it's all "why are you wearing a mask for?" or "hah, look he's wearing a mask" or "take that stupid thing off, covid is over!!". And these aren't even diehard Trumpers. And I debated them all very politely and told them to go look up Walgreens testing data, wastewater data, and how people in Congress like Dick Durbin and Nancy Mace have had it three times in the last year. Then go read the scientific studies on damage to the immune systems and organs that is not exactly impossible to have happen.
Did you wear a cloth mark under a paper mask though? Our former safety expert TenBenny said we needed to wear N95 or K95 masks only.
Paper mask..that's almost as good as the time Alex Jones wore the mask of the Star Trek monster in Target some years ago. I'd wear that $20 Mandalorian mask but it fits all awkward and fogs up. Layering a cloth mask on top of a surgical mask works to some degree. I wore it around some with Flu A and was fine. Also wore it around the person with Omicron that infected me and I'm not sure what got through. Probably picked up most of the viral particles when they got about six feet from me when I was unmasked after I told them not to do that. At the time, I had no clue about HEPA filtration or how the virus was airborne, or I would have bought the HEPA filter devices with a high enough clean air delivery rate back then. Still took me months after that to find out about CADR and needing to ventilate for at least ten min after a covid positive person has been over at your place. Xlear, Quercetin, and some other things may have been helpful. In my case, I was able to stop myself from having any real respiratory symptoms. Some hardly noticeable lightheadedness. After about a week of that my body decided to start purging the virus like I had an episode of noro. Maybe from swallowing so much Xlear that had blasted viral particles out of my nasal cavity. It was really bad at first and then became like milder noro over the next few weeks.

Everyone else I knew struggled a lot with fatigue and respiratory symptoms. They had MRNA vaccines if any. I had one J&J. The person who infected me had two J&J and their symptoms were runny nose and fatigue. Also did much better with it than others we knew. J&J was my choice because of what I had read about the efficacy growing over time. More T-cell durability. If I wanted to spend more on disposable masks, I'd wear the 3M N95 all the time. I have this elasomeric mask with P100 filters but no one can hear me through it. There's also this Narwall mask that covers your whole face so that you get eye protection too. Reusable as well. That one I still need to try.