Bonham

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Bonham

Post by MattleyCrue »

Why don’t we talk about Bonham that much around here?

Bringing Me Down, Guilty, Holding on Forever is such an awesome back to back to back tracks
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Bonham

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

They blew, which is why they didn't last that long, and unsurprisingly, you like them.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

They were just okay. "Wait For You" and the title track intro are quite good, as are "Guilty" and "Bringing Me Down", but the rest of the album is a bit filler-ish. "Change of a Season" from the follow-up is good. Otherwise not much to say about 'em.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

They didn’t get as much shit for being a Zeppelin rip-off band as Kingdom Come did, for obvious reasons, but for my ears, didn’t do it as well.
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

i've only heard the 1 hit from them that's it.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:27 pm They didn’t get as much shit for being a Zeppelin rip-off band as Kingdom Come did, for obvious reasons, but for my ears, didn’t do it as well.
Facts. "Get It On" was better than anything that Page, Plant, Page/Plant, Coverdale/Page, The Firm, the gay dwarf brothers, and anyone else did post-Zeppelin. If you're gonna rip Zep off, then RIP THEM OFF, and that's exactly what they did. Nailed it.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:11 pm Why don’t we talk about Bonham that much around here?
Wolfie's bigger and his dues were paid faster (by a guy named Irving).

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

love them, and the two albums they released.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:57 am
Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:27 pm They didn’t get as much shit for being a Zeppelin rip-off band as Kingdom Come did, for obvious reasons, but for my ears, didn’t do it as well.
Facts. "Get It On" was better than anything that Page, Plant, Page/Plant, Coverdale/Page, The Firm, the gay dwarf brothers, and anyone else did post-Zeppelin. If you're gonna rip Zep off, then RIP THEM OFF, and that's exactly what they did. Nailed it.
KC is one of my favorite bands.
But who’s the gay dwarf bros?
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Saw them open for The Cult on the Sonic Temple tour. Can't remember a single thing about them other than it was cool (I guess) to sit a row or two behind John Henry Bonham's son afterwards when they came out to watch The Cult tear them a new one during their headline set..
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

DangerZone wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:15 pm
GVF
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

I love their first album. I saw them perform at an all day concert at Alpine Valley and they were pretty good live as well.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:47 pm
DangerZone wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:15 pm

GVF
Duh, I should’ve known that
VanDokken

Post by VanDokken »

saw them “headline” at Center Stage in Atlanta back in ‘90….They opened and closed with “Wait For You”….dont know if I have ever seen a “larger” band do that before or since…They sounded good live….remembered they played Black Dog
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Exactly this. Kingdom Come did it and knocked it out of the park. Get it On, What Love Can Be, and Living Out of Touch crushed every Zeppelin-wannabe tune not named "Still of the Night".

Bonham sounded like a wet fart compared to Whitesnake and Kingdom come. They were just some rich kid and hired male-model looking rent-a-band guys.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

The debut album actually went Gold. Interesting.

When I looked it up to check, I learned that Tracy Bonham went Gold too. Also interesting.
https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab ... ch_section

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
jorge

Post by jorge »

wait for you has the most useless guitar solo of the era. cool tune regardless
"if it does'nt fit force it, if it breaks it needed to be replaced!" -Hetfield
str
Playing Frat Parties

Post by str »

i think the singer died ,
and at one point was going to release new music through Stephen Pearcy's Top Fuel Records
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

str wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:31 am i think the singer died ,
and at one point was going to release new music through Stephen Pearcy's Top Fuel Records
He has a solo album "rock bonham and the long rock back" that has 4 Bonham demos on it.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.