The Super Bowl Halftime show is...

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

The Super Bowl Halftime show is...

Post by Mister Freeze »

Generation Defining USHER to Perform During Apple Music Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show
Sunday, February 11, 2024, on CBS

Tune-In to Apple Music Radio’s Live Halftime Headliner Special featuring Zane Lowe, Ebro Darden, Nadeska Alexis and special guests

New York, NY (September 24, 2023) – Today, Apple Music, the NFL and Roc Nation announced one of the most influential artists of a generation, USHER will perform during the APPLE MUSIC
SUPER BOWL LVIII HALFTIME SHOW at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, NV. on Sunday, February 11, 2024, airing on CBS.

“It’s an honor of a lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can’t wait to bring the world a show unlike anything else they’ve seen from me before,” said USHER. “Thank you to the fans and everyone who made this opportunity happen. I’ll see you real soon.”

“Usher is an icon whose music has left an indelible mark on the cultural landscape throughout his career, we couldn’t be more excited to have him headline this year’s Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show,” said Seth Dudowsky, NFL Head of Music. “We look forward to working with Usher, Roc Nation and Apple Music to bring fans another Halftime Show for the history books.”

"Usher is the ultimate artist and showman. Ever since his debut at the age of 15, he's been charting his own unique course. Beyond his flawless singing and exceptional choreography, Usher bares his soul,” said JAY-Z. “His remarkable journey has propelled him to one of the grandest stages in the world. I can't wait to see the magic."

"The Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show is one of the most highly anticipated music events of the year and we’re excited to bring this legendary show to fans all over the world in Spatial Audio, along with tons of exclusive videos, interviews, playlists and so much more across Apple Music," said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s Vice President of Apple Music, Apple TV+, Sports, and Beats. “We are so proud of what we were able to accomplish together with the NFL and Roc Nation last year and now with the insanely talented Usher set to take the stage we’re looking forward to another incredible Halftime Show from one of the world’s all-time greatest performers."

Apple Music hosts Zane Lowe, Ebro Darden, Nadeska Alexis and more are live across Apple Music Radio worldwide discussing todays exciting news. Tune-in now at apple.co/applemusichalftime

Apple Music’s multiyear partnership with the NFL and Roc Nation brings together the Super Bowl Halftime Show — the most-watched musical performance of the year — with Apple Music, which celebrates musicians, songwriters, producers, and fans, and offers the world’s best music listening experience with a catalog of over 100 million songs and immersive sound powered by Spatial Audio. Apple revolutionized the music experience with iPod and iTunes and continues the award-winning tradition with Apple Music. Follow @AppleMusic on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.

Usher has changed music, culture, and countless lives. The multiple GRAMMY Award-winning diamond-selling international megastar, actor, dancer, entrepreneur, and philanthropist inspires change yet again in 2023 and beyond.

Beyond selling over 80 million records worldwide and collecting dozens of awards, he has simultaneously lit up the small screen on NBC’s The Voice and the big screen in blockbusters such as Hustlers. He has also tirelessly distinguished himself as a devout humanitarian, raising tens of millions of dollars for various causes and uplifting youth via his New Look Foundation. Since 1999 he has been providing opportunities for young people in underserved communities and enabling them to flourish and achieve seemingly impossible dreams. A long-time supporter and Global Citizen Ambassador, Usher has performed at events since 2015 raising awareness to defeat poverty, defend the planet and demand equity. A true outlier, he is equally at home on the stage of his sold out My Way Las Vegas residency as he was on a 2016 government cultural mission to Cuba as part of President Barack Obama’s Presidential Committee for Arts and Humanities.

The Apple Music Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show telecast will be produced by DPS with Roc Nation and Jesse Collins serving as executive producers, and Hamish Hamilton serving as director. Roc Nation also serving as the strategic entertainment advisors of the live performance.

Viewers can expect unprecedented behind the scenes access leading to a historic performance on music’s biggest stage.

Earlier this year, the Apple Music Super Bowl LVII Halftime Show Starring Rihanna became the most-watched halftime performance of all time. The performance garnered five Creative Arts Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Variety Special (LIVE). In 2022, Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Starring Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar garnered five Creative Arts Emmy nominations. The critically acclaimed performance won three Creative Arts Emmys, including Outstanding Variety Special (Live), a first ever for the show.

For more information about Super Bowl LVIII, visit SuperBowl.com.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The Super Bowl Halftime show is...

Post by MattleyCrue »

Wish it could have been GNR
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:07 am
Tune-In to Apple Music Radio’s Live Halftime Headliner Special featuring Zane Lowe, Ebro Darden, Nadeska Alexis and special guests
I'm well past the point of complaining about the SB halftime act, and I've usually enjoyed them.

But besides Usher, I haven't heard of any of these people.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

daveg wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:53 am
I'm well past the point of complaining about the SB halftime act, and I've usually enjoyed them.

They're not in the show. They're radio hosts.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:07 am

Ha...thanks, for a quick second thought I was completely out of tune with music.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Best fit is Mammoth WVH- Fatburger has game experience playing with GNR at The Death Star

Wolfie mommy should sing the National anthem 🇺🇸 #thanksPops
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Quick - name an Usher song. Just one. Anyone?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:30 am Quick - name an Usher song. Just one. Anyone?
Yeah.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

daveg wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:39 am
Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:07 am

Ha...thanks, for a quick second thought I was completely out of tune with music.
Same for me haha
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
The Stench
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by The Stench »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:30 am Quick - name an Usher song. Just one. Anyone?
I only know the one that goes: "mumble mumble, blah blah, Relationship mumble blah."

It's a banger.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

that one with lil Jon
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

I hope he pays tribute to all the other ushers who will be working the game that night.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

The NFL certainly knows their audience.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I love it...

Can't wait to read all the heavy metal people crying it's NOT Ozzy or AC/DC again.

$tEvil
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

Of course, the "Yeah" song came to mind first...but I do know one more: "My Way". We played it in the band at football games back when I was in high school, and that's the only reason I'm aware of the song.

As for the "Yeah" song, there was no escaping it in the early 2000s. It was everywhere. I thought it was catchy, but like so many pop songs, it quickly became overplayed and annoying. I haven't heard it in a while so I wouldn't mind hearing it again.

I have no problem with Usher for halftime; that's a good choice.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Can’t!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:43 pm I love it...

Can't wait to read all the heavy metal people crying it's NOT Ozzy or AC/DC again.

$tEvil
Or Guns n Roses! Or Motley/Def Leppard/Poison do a medley show!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by JourneyRules »

Honestly, I don't know if a rock band will ever play the Super Bowl again. The ones that haven't done it are either too old, not popular enough, or both. Maybe they could pull off some sort of hair band medley with a variety of 80's rock groups playing their biggest hits, but even that act is probably 5-10 years past its expiration date.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Ozzy with Jake E. Lee would have been tits. Ozzy can shirley pull off one song standing up with his 'cane.

AC/DC with Phil Rudd would also have been a better choice.
ElectrickMagick
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ElectrickMagick »

Most of the shows that Roc Nation has put together for the Super Bowl have been fun, but Usher feels rather uninspired. Not current enough to be in the zeitgeist, not iconic enough to get people truly excited. He is a talented guy though, maybe it will all work out?

I still think Green Day makes the most sense to headline a Super Bowl out of all the acts who have yet to do it (who might be willing to).
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

ElectrickMagick wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:35 am Most of the shows that Roc Nation has put together for the Super Bowl have been fun, but Usher feels rather uninspired. Not current enough to be in the zeitgeist, not iconic enough to get people truly excited. He is a talented guy though, maybe it will all work out?

I still think Green Day makes the most sense to headline a Super Bowl out of all the acts who have yet to do it (who might be willing to).
100% this. Uninspired might be the best way to describe it. Maybe he's more popular than I think. Regardless, I've always enjoyed the shows. Only one I can think of that I hated was maroon 5 and that was about as "Rock" as it has been.

Not sure why they've never done a Country show. I think if you did a Carrie Underwood and friends kinda thing it would work. Her, maybe Kenny Chesney, Luke Combs, Alabama etc.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

"U Make Me Wanna"

And agreed Green Day would make a better choice than Usher.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
BulletProofPoet
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BulletProofPoet »

Won’t watch!

I agree with daveg, Carrie Underwood I would watch!
katie1
Picking a Band Name

Post by katie1 »

20 years too late…… Even then would be too soon. Its a no for me.
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

Check my post in "Mojo's Songs that Get the White People Turnt" :D
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

Anything Rock or Country (maybe a mix) would be better than this crap.

My vote is for Bret Michaels with his current band and stage show :mrgreen:
Maybe he can play every version of that Rose and Thorn song..
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

I'll be the one to say it:

Anything that Roc Nation produces will have minimal white people in the show. Also it won't rock or country.
Pop/Rap and anything in between....
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:24 am Or Guns n Roses! Or Motley/Def Leppard/Poison do a medley show!

At least two of those bands would hurt their reputation as a touring act by performing at the Super Bowl. You don't want to be a joke around the water cooler the next day.

Bon Jovi, AC/DC and maybe even the Stones face a similar risk of exposing themselves.

I agree that Green Day is a good pick, but rock isn't coming back. The last two "rock" acts barely qualify: Maroon 5 and Coldplay (and they shoved Beyonce and Bruno Mars in with the latter).

I got called "racist" the last time I said this, but it's true: The halftime show isn't for those watching the Super Bowl. It's for those not watching the Super Bowl. So no rock and no country unless Taylor Swift comes around. She's kind of in her own category at this point anyway.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I continue to torture myself by watching the Today Show every morning. They've given up on daily royals coverage and are now all-in on Taylor Swift "news."

If her new football boyfriend makes it to the Super Bowl in 2025 and she agrees to do the half-time gig the same year, these dipshit reporters will have a full-on meltdown. I can't imagine the relationship lasting that long though.

BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

His last top-40 hit was in 2016. I guess that makes him semi-current.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz