BLACK SABBATH - The Ballet?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

BLACK SABBATH - The Ballet?

Post by Zabooka »

LINK: https://blabbermouth.net/news/see-perfo ... ath-ballet

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/oM0IaQGsKBI

The ballet soundtracked by the music of BLACK SABBATH had its official premiere on Saturday, September 23 at the Hippodrome theatre in the heavy metal legends' original hometown of Birmingham, United Kingdom.

SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi, who had been present at some rehearsals, came up on stage at the end of Saturday night's performance to play guitar on the band's classic song "Paranoid". Iommi also took a bow at the end of the night along with the cast and crew.

On Sunday (September 24),Iommi took to his social media to share a photo of his appearance at the previous night's show, and he included the following message: "Thanks to everyone who supported us at the Ballet, we had a great premiere last night. I'm honoured to be involved with these talented dancers." He added: "I'm afraid I won't be joining every performance."

This past April, Iommi was asked by Birmingham World if he could ever have imagined that half a century after he formed SABBATH that Birmingham's ballet company would be dancing to their music. Tony laughed and said: "I wouldn't have believed them, really, to be honest. At the time when I got involved with BLACK SABBATH, I thought it was great, because it was something so different, and hasn't been done before. And I found it, I think, a good challenge.

As for whether he thinks the Black Sabbath Ballet could inspire heavy metal fans to become ballet fans, and ballet fans to become heavy metal fans, Iommi said: "I certainly hope so. I mean, it is a strange combination, but you've got to push the boat out. And, you know, hopefully, we can get everybody together. But they're opposite but they're not at the same time — because it's still creative. They're creating what they're doing. We're creating what we've done, and we're bringing them together. And I think it'd be really interesting to see the SABBATH fans and then to see the ballet fans liking it, hopefully."

-------------------------------------------------

I feel that it's a golden opportunity to use Bill Ward's red pants from Sabotage.