Do you watch NFL now because of your love of Taylor Swift?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Do you watch NFL now because of your love of Taylor Swift?

Post by MattleyCrue »

😂😂😂

LFG Buffalo! Epic JA17 performance today!

#SquishTheFish
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Re: Do you watch NFL now because of your love of Taylor Swift?

Post by Brainy Lane »

This Taylor NFL thing is bothering me way more than it should.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Brainy Lane wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:25 pm This Taylor NFL thing is bothering me way more than it should.
Are you jealous of her or Travis Kelce?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Post by Brainy Lane »

:D
I just wanna watch football
I don’t like when they show the owners box after touchdown
Keep the camera on the field
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Brainy Lane wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:42 pm :D
I was going to play a drinking game with everybody and take a shot each time they show her, but that's a lot of alcohol.
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Nate S Axel wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:54 pm
Brainy Lane wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:42 pm :D
I was going to play a drinking game with everybody and take a shot each time they show her, but that's a lot of alcohol.
Hahaha! I said the same thing tonight. That would result in blacking out and or alcohol poisoning 😂😂😂
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

…Or do you listen to Taylor Swift now because of your love of NFL?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I love this media myth that Taylor Swift fans are suddenly watching football and buying tickets to games. It's such bullshit.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

No different than companies paying $$$ for "influencers" to go to a concert to set a fad with their followers, and it's being manufactured by PR peeps.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

This relationship is manufactured for maximum media exposure.

The gossip is she likes women (which is odd because she's supposedly dated like 100 different celebrity guys) and he's using this relationship to continue building his "brand".

He's hosted SNL and has a few high profile advertisement contracts (Pfizer, Bud Light etc).

They are filming a commercial together which will air during the Super Bowl. This is just the lead up to that.

When he retires he'll end up like Michael Strahan making $10-20 million a year hosting some terrible morning/daytime show.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Lobo wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:49 am This relationship is manufactured for maximum media exposure.

The gossip is she likes women (which is odd because she's supposedly dated like 100 different celebrity guys) and he's using this relationship to continue building his "brand".

He's hosted SNL and has a few high profile advertisement contracts (Pfizer, Bud Light etc).

They are filming a commercial together which will air during the Super Bowl. This is just the lead up to that.

When he retires he'll end up like Michael Strahan making $10-20 million a year hosting some terrible morning/daytime show.
I agree with much of this. Kelce is on track to out-Gronk the Gronk. I easily see him getting into the showbiz side of things in his next career be that daytime TV, some movie roles, etc.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

For the record, I've never heard of the NFL or "football" until Taylor Swift went to a game! This sport was lower on the popularity ranking than croquet until Taylor blessed it and now people are starting fantasy leagues and all sorts of crazy shit, and they have Taylor to thank!

I love people who say it's a publicity stunt for Taylor. Why? Because she needs Travis Kelce to sell tickets and albums? So she can try to sell out Arrowhead Stadium for the 5th time? Because she hasn't tapped into the NFL fanbase? I think she's been doing pretty well before any of this and has even turned down playing the halftime show at the Super Bowl. She doesn't need the NFL or Travis for anything.

Taylor Swift gets publicity by eating at a restaurant and walking out her front door. More people know the names of her cats (Meredith Grey, Olivia Benson, and Benjamin Button) than a majority of the players in the NFL. The only person this has helped is Travis Kelce as he's gained like 900,000 on Instagram and his jerseys are up 400%. I doubt she's doing charity for him either.

Her being gay isn't a new rumor and goes back to when she was hanging out with Karlie Kloss back in 2014, over 9 years ago. It never hindered her career. She doesn't need to build her brand anymore. She's been in the spotlight since 2006, so for 17 years. How much more branding does she need? Is there anybody who doesn't know who she is or have an opinion about her? She's broken every record there is to break and by the end of her career she will have broken most of The Beatles records. That's just reality. She's bullet proof at this point so anything she does she's doing because she wants to.

Why wouldn’t two rich, attractive, 33 year olds want to get together and fuck? Why wouldn’t Travis Kelce want to fuck Taylor Swift? Why wouldn’t she want to fuck him? Would it make more sense if she was fucking Joey Allen?

Everybody and they’re fucking conspiracy theories.... :roll:
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:07 pm I love this media myth that Taylor Swift fans are suddenly watching football and buying tickets to games. It's such bullshit.
Not to mention that most NFL games are already sold out, and no one is going to buy a ticket, pay for parking, and hump the traffic to get a glimpse of her on the Jumbotron. Even the idiots who comprise her fan base aren't that dumb.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:56 pm
Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:07 pm I love this media myth that Taylor Swift fans are suddenly watching football and buying tickets to games. It's such bullshit.
Not to mention that most NFL games are already sold out, and no one is going to buy a ticket, pay for parking, and hump the traffic to get a glimpse of her on the Jumbotron. Even the idiots who comprise her fan base aren't that dumb.
Well, my daughter and her friends watched a game for the first time ever They did ask me after why so many people watch entire football games...cause they are boring as hell.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

daveg wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:34 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:56 pm
Well, my daughter and her friends watched a game for the first time ever They did ask me after why so many people watch entire football games...cause they are boring as hell.
👍
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

JackieDaytona wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:24 am For the record, I've never heard of the NFL or "football" until Taylor Swift went to a game! This sport was lower on the popularity ranking than croquet until Taylor blessed it and now people are starting fantasy leagues and all sorts of crazy shit, and they have Taylor to thank!

I love people who say it's a publicity stunt for Taylor. Why? Because she needs Travis Kelce to sell tickets and albums? So she can try to sell out Arrowhead Stadium for the 5th time? Because she hasn't tapped into the NFL fanbase? I think she's been doing pretty well before any of this and has even turned down playing the halftime show at the Super Bowl. She doesn't need the NFL or Travis for anything.

Taylor Swift gets publicity by eating at a restaurant and walking out her front door. More people know the names of her cats (Meredith Grey, Olivia Benson, and Benjamin Button) than a majority of the players in the NFL. The only person this has helped is Travis Kelce as he's gained like 900,000 on Instagram and his jerseys are up 400%. I doubt she's doing charity for him either.

Her being gay isn't a new rumor and goes back to when she was hanging out with Karlie Kloss back in 2014, over 9 years ago. It never hindered her career. She doesn't need to build her brand anymore. She's been in the spotlight since 2006, so for 17 years. How much more branding does she need? Is there anybody who doesn't know who she is or have an opinion about her? She's broken every record there is to break and by the end of her career she will have broken most of The Beatles records. That's just reality. She's bullet proof at this point so anything she does she's doing because she wants to.

Why wouldn’t two rich, attractive, 33 year olds want to get together and fuck? Why wouldn’t Travis Kelce want to fuck Taylor Swift? Why wouldn’t she want to fuck him? Would it make more sense if she was fucking Joey Allen?

Everybody and they’re fucking conspiracy theories.... :roll:
Seriously! :roll:
I have to admit, I never heard of Travis Kelce before two weeks ago. She boosted him into the stratosphere! Lucky him!
I know mostly nothing about Taylor Swift either, except the songs my daughters listened to in 2007-2008? She was a young girl then, and has grown into a lovely woman. Good for her!!
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

I think the whole thing is adorable. I’m happy for them both. If it makes fans one way or the other then good. Doesn’t bother me one way or the other.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I love how Hugh Jackman was part of her "sqaud" at last weekends game. PR peeps are like, "who's in town that we have access to? Hugh, want to go to a Chiefs game and sit in the owners box?" Or, maybe I'm wrong and Taylor and Hugh are besties.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Imagine how bigger she would become if she came out as gay, if that is the case?
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

It certainly makes it more interesting!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Pretty tepid on both actually. #hugelyoverrrated...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I am a fan of the Kelce bros podcast tho!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Nope, I watch CFL!

We're getting Green Day for our Grey Cup Championship this year. Beats the hell out of Usher.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Taylor Swift misses a game to rehearse for her tour, and the crappy Broncos upset the Chiefs. This is undeniable proof that Travis Kelce will be taking her last name if/when they get married... or he could be one of those weirdos and hyphenate his name (Travis Kelce-Swift).