Who else listens to Casey Kasem on the weekends?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Who else listens to Casey Kasem on the weekends?

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Yes I still listen to the radio. The classic rock station plays vintage American Top 40 shows on Saturday and Sunday morning. Saturday is always 70's and Sunday 80's. Its fun listening to those songs being introduced when they were new. Especially when they're playing a show from the later 80's and Casey's calm Dad voice is talking about bands like Ratt and Motley Crue. It's on 106.7 where I live but I'm sure other stations do it too or you can stream it.
Last edited by Cindy Buzzedimisa on Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Re: Who else listens to Casey Kasem on the weekends?

Post by cowpins »

Hmmm....I was work a classic rock station and this would be great. Going to mention it to my ops manager. We're cheap though. :(
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Casey Kasem's Top 40 Meltdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV7WF5VVwuo

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

Turner Coates wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:16 pm Casey Kasem's Top 40 Meltdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV7WF5VVwuo
Thanks for that. Made my day.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

I prefer the weekly SiriusXM 80's on 8 top 40 countdowns with the MTV gang (Mark, Nina, Alan, etc.). They give more of a history lesson behind each song, which is pretty cool, IMO.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
glamguru74
Wannabe Rocker

Post by glamguru74 »

MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

My local station airs Casey Kasem reruns on weekends, too. It's nice to hear songs from the 70s and 80s that haven't been played to death by classic Top 40 stations (aka Bob, Jack, Steve FMs). Of course, with some of these songs, it's obvious why they have been lost to history.

Also, I try not to think about the fact that a dead man is talking to me on the radio...but is it any different than listening to, say, John Lennon?
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

They play the Top 40 countdown on Sirius 70’s On 7 every weekend. I do enjoy listening to it if I happen to be out and about.
ElectricBallroom
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by ElectricBallroom »

“Fuckin’ death dedication”
long live the Electric Ballroom
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I listen to the '80s Top-40 countdown flashbacks on satellite radio and it's great. There's something different about hearing the songs in that context.

I'm burnt out on "Welcome to the Jungle," but hearing the intro while the DJ's like "coming in at #8..." totally took me back in time. Especially when it's shoved between something like Jody Watley and the Pet Shop Boys.

Hearing all the D-level hits that peaked around #32 is a trip too.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

Used to listen to the top 40 countdown coming home from Melbourne after hockey matches, dad would be driving and I’d be nodding off in the back seat.
First heard We’re not Gunna Tale It and Foolin on those trips home.
Also Disco Duck.
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by JourneyRules »

One of our local stations plays the countdowns every Saturday afternoon/evening, and I often catch parts of them.

I do really enjoy listening to it. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and the Top 40 countdown takes me right back to a time when I was riding in the back seat of my parents' car with the radio on.

Is there a complete collection of the Casey Kasem Top 40 episodes available anywhere?
Babydoll
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Babydoll »

I still listen to normal radio stations too and my local station plays the old Casey Kasem on Sunday nights. I love that it is digitally remastered and the sound is so crisp but it is decades old. Really takes me back in time. The special request were always so sappy though.