MICK MARS ... Just heard this interview with him from Trunk's show. Wow, he talks like Biden! #wtf

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

MICK MARS ... Just heard this interview with him from Trunk's show. Wow, he talks like Biden! #wtf

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

No disrespect... I mean, that song is horrible... for what that's worth...

But now I just suffered through that interview with Mick Mars on Trunk's radio show the other day.

Is Mick related to Joe Biden?

Or is it just the age thing... Holy Flock of brain-freeze Bat-Man!

I actually felt sorry for him... then I realized he's lived a charmed life, is worth millions, made tens of millions, and screwed trim that was 100x out of his league.

While Mick seems like, and I am sure he is... a really nice guy... his interviewing skills are like that of a 3rd grader from backwoods Arkansas! #wtf

It appears to be an hour long... I listed to about 15-20 minutes of it... and it was painful to hear. Wow.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FO_8Xd0-r1U

$tEvil
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: MICK MARS ... Just heard this interview with him from Trunk's show. Wow, he talks like Biden! #wtf

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Everyone here should love him
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: MICK MARS ... Just heard this interview with him from Trunk's show. Wow, he talks like Biden! #wtf

Post by BDG135 »

He's 72. Grandpa Rock
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
juano
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by juano »

Wait until you hear Eddie Trunk's interview today (Nov 2, 2023) with Don Dokken.

Don's brains are more scrambled than Joe Biden's.
Last edited by juano on Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

Sounds like a guy that is doing a normal Q and A conversation with Trunk. Maybe if the questions would have been pre-negotiated with pre-defined responses it would have been more to your liking?
Kerry67
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Kerry67 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:40 pm No disrespect... I mean, that song is horrible... for what that's worth...

But now I just suffered through that interview with Mick Mars on Trunk's radio show the other day.

I actually felt sorry for him... then I realized he's lived a charmed life, is worth millions, made tens of millions, and screwed trim that was 100x out of his league.

While Mick seems like, and I am sure he is... a really nice guy... his interviewing skills are like that of a 3rd grader from backwoods Arkansas! #wtf

It appears to be an hour long... I listed to about 15-20 minutes of it... and it was painful to hear. Wow.

$tEvil
Yep. Agreed. He sounded every bit of his 80 years old self. Probably had a mouthful of tapioca just like O'Biden.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

He just old
The power of Sludge compels you.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

He sounds like Steve Riley. You know, dead.

Too soon?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Mick for President!

I'm sure he wouldn't mix up Rolling Rock with Rolling Stones.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Turn off the Fox News, CEO.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:43 pm Turn off the Fox News, CEO.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Mick has never been the voice for anything. Why would you expect him to be a good interview? Biden? JFC have you listened to Adderall Don? Either way, who gaf?
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Sleepy Mick
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:33 pm Sleepy Mick
Dirtnapping Mick
ImageImage
factchecker
Picking a Band Name

Post by factchecker »

I recall a prime Mick Mars interview where he talked about his love of revolver guns and shooting ranges.

He said he disliked guitar players whom spent more time tuning and re-learning their songs prior to hitting the stage. So he practiced (can't remember the term) until it was second nature. No need for overdubs or backup session guitarists backstage.

Mick inspired me to learn the guitar in this manner. Before my Father accused me for "overpractising". So I quit.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

juano wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:40 pm Wait until you hear Eddie Trunk's interview today (Nov 2, 2023) with Don Dokken.

Don's brains are more scrambled than Joe Biden's.
He says his home in Santa Fe is 30 miles from Mexico.
Truth be known, it's more like 340 miles.
Since he thinks it's so close, he should try riding there on a bike.

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:40 pm No disrespect... I mean, that song is horrible... for what that's worth...

$tEvil

Lmfao I just tried listening to it for a few minutes, he does sound like sleepy joe biden hehe. I shut it off after 10 mins lol
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

He was sick but still a typical Mars interview.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Yeah he was a shitty, curmudgeonly subject even in the 80s. This isn't anything new.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Was listening to it live & couldnt take it at about halfway mark. As many faults as Trunk has, he is pretty good at interviewing & keeping the guest on par but Ed was struggling with Mick
The interview with Dokken was WTF as he just changed topics in midstream just as you thought he was going somewhere
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Wouldn't be surprised if he is older than Biden.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
thechefs2003
Forming a Band

Post by thechefs2003 »

CEO is on point. I tried to listen and couldn't take more than 15 minutes. I kept hoping it would get better. And the song is horrible. All the talk about his roots and blues influence and he makes a record like a SIXX AM leftover? Hope the rest is better.