A Man Fell Overboard On The Headbangers Boat Cruise

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

plasticbastard
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

A Man Fell Overboard On The Headbangers Boat Cruise

Post by plasticbastard »

https://metalinjection.net/news/a-man-f ... VJ5hzzVYqM

A statement has been provided by Metal Injection's own Frank Godla, who is aboard the ship.

"Around 3:30AM I was woken up by some really choppy waters and the boat making a hard U-turn that left me wondering what's going on," wrote Godla. "Roughly 20 minutes later, the captain made us aware a passenger went overboard and a search and rescue mission has begun. They made several more announcements over the next hours, and around 6AM informed everyone the program is canceled until 1PM.

"An hour ago [roughly 2PM] , the captain had to make a very sad announcement to all onboard that after 9 hours of searching, they have no choice but to conclude the rescue mission and resume course to Miami. Everyone on board knows there was nothing easy about this, as the waters remained extremely choppy during the search. Our thoughts are with our fallen metal brother and his friends and family.

"Despite the sad news, the attendees remain understanding of the situation and taking things as they come. There's a lot of confusion, and it's still unclear how much of the programming will change today. I'd like to point out this does not reflect on HBB, or Norwegian cruises in any way. In fact, after metal cruising for over a decade, HBB has easily been my favorite experience yet.

"It's a shame for this to happen to such a well behaved and gracious group of people celebrating the maiden voyage of what will be extreme metal's best festival on the seas."

Original story: Headbangers Boat has sadly ended on a tragic note as a 41-year-old male guest went overboard. According to a spokesperson for the Norwegian Cruise Line in conversation with Rock Feed, the guest went overboard somewhere on the trip back between the Bahamas and Miami, FL. The United States Coast Guard is currently performing a search and rescue operation to find the guest. We wish them, as well as the man overboard, all the best at this time.

"On the early morning of Friday, Nov. 3, 2023, Norwegian Pearl was notified that a 41-year-old male guest went overboard while the ship was sailing near the Bahamas on its way to Miami. The authorities have been notified and the United States Coast Guard search and rescue operation is underway. The investigation is ongoing, and we will share updates as appropriate. Our thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones during this difficult time"

No other details are available at this time. Metal Injection's own Frank Godla, who is currently aboard the Headbangers Boat, confirms that the rescue mission has been going on since earlier this morning. This story will be updated as we gain more information.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: A Man Fell Overboard On The Headbangers Boat Cruise

Post by BernieTaupson »

Another person wrote: "My son is on this Headbangers Boat tour, and this morning security was chasing a guy, and he jumped from a higher deck towards the back of the boat, and went overboard".
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:40 pm Another person wrote: "My son is on this Headbangers Boat tour, and this morning security was chasing a guy, and he jumped from a higher deck towards the back of the boat, and went overboard".

If any fraction of this is true, there should not be a shred of a sympathy for the guy.

And... if he was sh!tfaced, at 3:00am, wondering around acting stupid... same applies.

$tEvil
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

I don’t think anyone was suggesting sympathy for the guy.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Putting heavy metal drunks on a boat is fabulous idea!
Shark early breakfast 🦈 :lol:
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Sadly it was apparently DemonFilth....
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
katie1
Picking a Band Name

Post by katie1 »

I don’t drink because I can’t stand the taste of it, sadly when some consume they make poor choices that can lead to tragic results.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

katie1 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:14 pm I don’t drink because I can’t stand the taste of it...
Try Bailey's Irish cream liqueur, yummy x10, you'll enjoy it and make GREAT life choices!
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:52 pm Sadly it was apparently DemonFilth....
Into the sea of Faygo he disappeared :(
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Norweigian ship is a lil smaller so in choppy waters, its extra bad. Was on this one on the MORC Monsterwood Cruise & KKruise 21
Most of the MORC ships are twice the size & cut thru the waters where even if the waters are choppy, you dont feel it in the ship itself.
Being on that deck (11), it can be possible to lose your balance at some spots by the rails & go over. You can actually visualize it happening. Ive been drunk on that level at late hours & dont get anywhere near the railing due to that.
Was told the running was security was just one guys statement & the ship was saying that it wasnt true.
With the engines churning, Ive always thought if you do go overboard.....dont you just get sucked into the engines being that close to the boat IF you fell
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

LAglamrocker wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:39 pm Putting heavy metal drunks on a boat is fabulous idea!

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
factchecker
Picking a Band Name

Post by factchecker »

LAglamrocker wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:39 pm Putting heavy metal drunks on a boat is fabulous idea!
a- sharks like metal, yes they actually do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzCbsw3WgTk

b- sharks like boats at night because fish take shelter under them from predators as a floating reef which attracts the sharks too.
https://youtu.be/YWuPp1v-sI8?t=324

c- if you jump into the sea with the two of the above you become a Cameron Robbins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYZRT5QAoNo
SikkiNixx
Sharing sandwiches with street kids

Post by SikkiNixx »

This happens more often than we'd like to think.. just this summer a guest was on the cruise with what seemed like a good college party with dance music playing.. she got outta control and they slapped the handcuffs on her, and this poor young lady made a terrible quick decision and she got away from security and threw herself overboard, while handcuffed from behind, and that was that. Theres video if you care to see her go over, but I don't think you can see her in the night waters. Also a drunk dude, college age as well, jumped in and started swimming away from the orange life saver.. never to be seen again. People think they can do that shit and have no problem being rescued.. but the waters fukin cold and the boats can't turn on a dime, it takes like 30 minutes to make a u turn. Sad stuff
New World Under Attack
No Telling If We'll Make It Out
Or Turn To Black
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

SikkiNixx wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:38 am This happens more often than we'd like to think.. just this summer a guest was on the cruise with what seemed like a good college party with dance music playing.. she got outta control and they slapped the handcuffs on her, and this poor young lady made a terrible quick decision and she got away from security and threw herself overboard, while handcuffed from behind, and that was that. Theres video if you care to see her go over, but I don't think you can see her in the night waters. Also a drunk dude, college age as well, jumped in and started swimming away from the orange life saver.. never to be seen again. People think they can do that shit and have no problem being rescued.. but the waters fukin cold and the boats can't turn on a dime, it takes like 30 minutes to make a u turn. Sad stuff
Very true. Acting like an idiot and cruise ships do not mix.
The power of Sludge compels you.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Black Stuff wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:29 am Acting like an idiot and cruise ships do not mix.
Case in point:
This guy is no longer with us.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Cruise Death Boat put that on FX!
Get all college people drunk and watch what happens!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

SikkiNixx wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:38 am This happens more often than we'd like to think.. just this summer a guest was on the cruise with what seemed like a good college party with dance music playing.. she got outta control and they slapped the handcuffs on her, and this poor young lady made a terrible quick decision and she got away from security and threw herself overboard, while handcuffed from behind, and that was that. Theres video if you care to see her go over, but I don't think you can see her in the night waters. Also a drunk dude, college age as well, jumped in and started swimming away from the orange life saver.. never to be seen again. People think they can do that shit and have no problem being rescued.. but the waters fukin cold and the boats can't turn on a dime, it takes like 30 minutes to make a u turn. Sad stuff
You would have to be retarded if you think you can be easily rescued. Like top level stupid.

Being shitfaced or not thinking and jumping off a cruise ship is incredibly stupid (there is a great chance you would die from the impact, but if you are thinking "Oh, they will just rescue me" that's missing severe mental deficiency.