Review : PISS Hollywood Bowl “Soundcheck” experience

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Review : PISS Hollywood Bowl “Soundcheck” experience

Post by BernieTaupson »

Lots of crew onstage doing extensive pyro checks while the “soundcheck” audience were all seated. Probably a law against that.

Gene hobbled out like Ozzy Osbourne. He’s really looking old. The crowd cheered. He points out some Fox News anchor in the audience, no one cares.

A minute later Paul walks out in a polka dot blouse. Crowd cheered.

Shortly after, Tommy walks out. Crickets. Really embarrassing, not even a sympathy clap.

No sign of Eric Singer AKA The Black Scabbath.

Paul says they’re going to play a few songs and later they will let the crowd ask questions and if they don’t want to answer them truthfully they’ll lie. Audience claps because they’re well-trained KISS Kultists and being lied to by KISS reminds them of the feeling of being ignored by their parents when they were young.

Eric “sometimes referred to as a bop bag” Singer finally decides to show up. Appears behind the drums, one person notices and claps.

First song Plaster Caster, same first song as every one of these sort of shows since they dropped Comin Home about five years ago. Despite playing it at every meet n greet for fifteen years Eric still manages to come in on completely the wrong beat. Paul looks at him in confusion and Eric does a big goofy fill to get back in time for the first verse.

Paul does the joke about “we’re not really playing or singing” because he thinks the audience are complete morons.

The audience are complete morons.

Hotter Than Hell, real vocals but he sounds like Donald Duck, it’s all in an artificially high register because he can’t sing anymore.

Got To Choose. Even though Gene lied about “surprises” for the Hollywood Bowl show to sell some tickets last week it’s just the same boring songs as always so far.

What happened to all that claptrap in 2004 about this being the ultimate lineup and now they’re finally able to play songs from all eras? It’s all the same 70s shit. Play Unholy. Play We Are One. Play Rock N Roll Hell. They worked them up for the Kruise, it would take hardly any effort to play them for these. It’s not like these people are the same casuals who come to the real show. They just don’t give a fuck. Let Thayer sing one of his Scab Space Songs from the last two albums, since he’s “the ultimate KISS guitarist” like Paul claims in interviews.

Paul on the mic again, says Gene used to steal his song titles, Gene says Paul used to steal his song titles and that he wrote Strutter. Paul not happy. Eric plays the drum intro to Strutter and gets totally ignored, they don’t play it.

Christine Sixteen.

That’s it.

Thanks for your money suckers.

PS : there were no “surprises” in the main show either. Same boring shit as always.
Last edited by BernieTaupson on Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: PISS Hollywood Bowl “Soundcheck” experience

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Same as Palm Desert. Apparently, word for word. Except Tommy came out first I think.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:38 pm Same as Palm Desert. Apparently, word for word. Except Tommy came out first I think.
Kiss played Palm Desert?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:05 pm
Fat_Elvis wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:38 pm Same as Palm Desert. Apparently, word for word. Except Tommy came out first I think.
Kiss played Palm Desert?
Yes. On Wednesday.

https://acrisurearena.com/event/kiss/
Opening Act in Local Bars

Re: Review : PISS Hollywood Bowl “Soundcheck” experience

Post by Sticky »

Paul does the joke about “we’re not really playing or singing” because he thinks the audience are complete morons.

:)
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

I wanted to go to that so I went on Ticketmaster and man there were a lot of tix available. I didn't end up going but that seems like a strange place to haul that stage to possibly lose money.
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
jens
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by jens »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:15 pm Paul on the mic again, says Gene used to steal his song titles, Gene says Paul used to steal his song titles and that he wrote Strutter. Paul not happy. Eric plays the drum intro to Strutter and gets totally ignored, they don’t play it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

For all the "they're phoning it in!" complaints, it's amazing that they still have this little hissy fits. Old bitches bitching, love it.
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:15 pm Lots of crew onstage doing extensive pyro checks while the “soundcheck” audience were all seated. Probably a law against that.

Gene hobbled out like Ozzy Osbourne. He’s really looking old. The crowd cheered. He points out some Fox News anchor in the audience, no one cares.

Shortly after, Tommy walks out. Crickets. Really embarrassing, not even a sympathy clap.

Paul says they’re going to play a few songs and later they will let the crowd ask questions and if they don’t want to answer them truthfully they’ll lie. Audience claps because they’re well-trained KISS Kultists and being lied to by KISS reminds them of the feeling of being ignored by their parents when they were young.

Eric “sometimes referred to as a bop bag” Singer finally decides to show up. Appears behind the drums, one person notices and claps.

First song Plaster Caster, same first song as every one of these sort of shows since they dropped Comin Home about five years ago. Despite playing it at every meet n greet for fifteen years Eric still manages to come in on completely the wrong beat. Paul looks at him in confusion and Eric does a big goofy fill to get back in time for the first verse.

Hotter Than Hell, real vocals but he sounds like Donald Duck, it’s all in an artificially high register because he can’t sing anymore.

Got To Choose. Even though Gene lied about “surprises” for the Hollywood Bowl show to sell some tickets last week it’s just the same boring songs as always so far.

What happened to all that claptrap in 2004 about this being the ultimate lineup and now they’re finally able to play songs from all eras? It’s all the same 70s shit. Play Unholy. Play We Are One. Play Rock N Roll Hell. They worked them up for the Kruise, it would take hardly any effort to play them for these. It’s not like these people are the same casuals who come to the real show. They just don’t give a fuck. Let Thayer sing one of his Scab Space Songs from the last two albums, since he’s “the ultimate KISS guitarist” like Paul claims in interviews.

Paul on the mic again, says Gene used to steal his song titles, Gene says Paul used to steal his song titles and that he wrote Strutter. Paul not happy. Eric plays the drum intro to Strutter and gets totally ignored, they don’t play it.

Christine Sixteen.

That’s it.

PS : there were no “surprises” in the main show either. Same boring shit as always.

This was a brilliantly written review, true to Sludge form. 5 stars.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Darrien wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:36 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:15 pm Lots of crew onstage doing extensive pyro checks while the “soundcheck” audience were all seated. Probably a law against that.

Christine Sixteen.

That’s it.

This was a brilliantly written review, true to Sludge form. 5 stars.
Yup. Seems Jingles has infected this board with 3 word reviews. I appreciate Bernies effort here. Well done
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Earl Skakel wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:16 am
I wanted to go to that so I went on Ticketmaster and man there were a lot of tix available. I didn't end up going but that seems like a strange place to haul that stage to possibly lose money.
I'm guessing they were overpaid to play that arena. They are trying to put that place on the map. You live in Hollywood, so you've probably seen all the ads. I'd say the place was 80% full.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

If Madonna plays that place it’s legit
All seats are 500$ mostly

I’m definitely going back when Seth Rollins is scheduled Monday at 5pm

It’s a fun drive out with Hooters on the way in Ontario and strippers (female) after

Kiss casket show was way more fun in h the desert 🐪 9/10
Hollywood Bowl Casket show ⚰️ 3/10
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

I really barely care about Kiss especially relative to most here but thank you for the enjoyable read!
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:43 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:05 pm
Kiss played Palm Desert?
Yes. On Wednesday.

https://acrisurearena.com/event/kiss/

Every time I glance at the name, I read it as "Are-You-Sure Arena" which seems perfect for KISS.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

Christine Sixteen.

That’s it.

Did you pay for the soundcheck VIP or did you know somebody to get in for free?
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

I sucked Paul Stanley’s cock in the back of a limo.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:03 pm I sucked Paul Stanley’s cock in the back of a limo.
Got it, so you paid to do the VIP and then you bashed the entire thing. Sounds like a good idea to spend that much on a band that you think sucks. That write up says more about you than it does about Kiss.

"there were no “surprises” in the main show either. Same boring shit as always."

For somebody who thinks it's boring shit, you sure know a lot about the show.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

VinceVanLane wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:46 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:03 pm I sucked Paul Stanley’s cock in the back of a limo.
Got it, so you paid to do the VIP and then you bashed the entire thing. Sounds like a good idea to spend that much on a band that you think sucks. That write up says more about you than it does about Kiss.

"there were no “surprises” in the main show either. Same boring shit as always."

#triggered

#kisstard
Nibbler
Forming a Band

Post by Nibbler »

haha they posted this on KISSFAQ so they can say what a meanie you are!
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:58 pm
VinceVanLane wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:46 pm

#triggered

#kisstard
I'm not a Kisstard at all, and writing a novel about how horrible Kiss is during a soundcheck you paid for sounds more #triggered than anybody.

I don't give a shit how you waste your time and money, but it is funny to me. I don't like Justin Bieber so I'm not gonna buy a ticket to his show and then write a long review bashing it. If you don't understand that, I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this to you.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:24 am
Earl Skakel wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:16 am
I'm guessing they were overpaid to play that arena. They are trying to put that place on the map. You live in Hollywood, so you've probably seen all the ads. I'd say the place was 80% full.
Interesting and my God have I seen the ads, there were a TON for The Killers and I can't I imagine how much they got for that gig?
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Outstanding review! Has a fan base ever been gaslit so hard through the course of years than KISS fans?? Their consumers expect as if there’s going to be a sudden reunion of all original members in the form of 1977. This band has largely been a modern era travesty since 2001. they are a walking PR machine that people keep consuming with out any great payoff. Similar to politics. Gene and Paul have mastered the system As to how to manipulate their masses.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Something else I should have mentioned.

PISS do a “soundcheck” concert with three or four songs.

McCartney - who is ten years older than Gene and Paul, who plays a three hour show (PISS do two hours) without any stupid drum solos or guitar duels or blood solos or other time wasting garbage, who also doesn’t lipsynch, does pre-concert fan shows like this :

Thirteen songs. Then he plays thirty-five DIFFERENT ones in the main show a few hours later! And he’s the only lead vocalist in the fucking band!

What is PISS’ excuse for not playing a ten song set and sharing the vocals out a bit between the four lead vocalists in the band? It’s just a lazy cash grab.