Slipknot Fires Max's Son

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Slipknot Fires Max's Son

Post by FreddyFender »

And made sure let the fans know he was fired and that he wasn't shit compared to Joey, in their statement.

"We would like to thank Jay Weinberg for his dedication and passion over the past ten years. No one can ever replace Joey Jordison's original sound, style or energy, but Jay honored Joey's parts and contributed to the last three albums and we, the band, and the fans appreciate it. But as ever, SLIPKNOT is intent on evolving. The band has decided to make a creative decision, and to part ways with Jay. We wish Jay all the best and are very excited for what the future holds."
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: Slipknot Fires Max's Son

Post by Indy_Rob »

Slipknot is a mess. They used to boast about being all original members and now it’s a revolving door of members.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Fire the guy in the band who’s the most proficient at his instrument… makes sense.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

They should go back to beating the shit out of one another the way they used to.
Last edited by killdrum on Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Yeah that’s a really passive-aggressive and likely dishonest way to put it.

“Creative decision”? So they’re gonna bring in someone who’s gonna be a writing partner? At their level that would have to be someone who’s established.

Pretty sure all they’re doing here is bringing in a nameless drummer to save money, but they’re pitching it as a creative decision.

Alrighty then.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
The Prez
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by The Prez »

"Creative decision" Yeah, right :lol: We was hired to play the drums (which he did well) and probably had close to zero input on the material the whole time he was there.
HNB

Post by HNB »

**UPDATE**: SLIPKNOT's social media post announcing Jay Weinberg's departure has been removed from all of the band's official platforms.

Bmouth just moments ago
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

I’m guessing that they can’t afford what they’re paying him anymore.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

So if the band is all Corey’s and he is doing all of the songwriting why aren’t all of the other masked goofballs replaced as lower level base pay players to fill the spots?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

I would have thought their fanbase of disenfranchised teen age boys would have moved on from this shit band by now.
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

I was working for against me when he bailed on them via text. Him leaving madball because they were married men who went to brothels on tour in Europe was also funny.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:17 pm So if the band is all Corey’s and he is doing all of the songwriting why aren’t all of the other masked goofballs replaced as lower level base pay players to fill the spots?
It's Corey and Clown... those 2 are THE guys who run the band and all related.

The guitarist that OD'd was part of the OG click, but obviously went out the way he did, as did Joey Jordison.

Then there was the 1 guy (Percussionist, Chris Fehn) who sued, and likely went uphill that whole way... but settled in 2022.

> https://www.loudersound.com/news/the-ch ... en-settled

In the end, it's essentially Corey and Clown who are 100% in charge. Everyone else is a salary guy.

$tEvil
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

Curious timing. Weinberg was nearing the 10-year mark with Slipknot. Probably asked for more money and was told to fuck off. There are plenty of guys capable of the job who will do it for peanuts. Weinberg's double kick work is sloppy and his meter is ass.

Potential replacements:

Eloy Casagrande
El Estepario Siberiano
Shawn Crahan's son (could see this happening)
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Newsted's FU Money wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:46 pm El Estepario Siberiano
Aaaahhh, but would he do it with one hand?
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

Indy_Rob wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:55 pm
Indeed! That frees up his other hand for Corey...and his mouth for Clown.

It's things like this which will guarantee a long tenure in the band.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Newsted's FU Money wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:09 pm
Indy_Rob wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:55 pm
Indeed! That frees up his other hand for Corey...and his mouth for Clown.

It's things like this which will guarantee a long tenure in the band.
:lol:
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Wild Obsession wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:43 pm I would have thought their fanbase of disenfranchised teen age boys would have moved on from this shit band by now.
You don’t see any irony posting this on a board where 50 year olds still rave about hair bands?
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

HNB wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:01 pm **UPDATE**: SLIPKNOT's social media post announcing Jay Weinberg's departure has been removed from all of the band's official platforms.

Bmouth just moments ago
There was nothing but negative comments on the post, like people declaring they are done with the band, for whatever that's worth lol.
It was also really poorly worded, I'm surprised it was approved by anyone to post. What's funny is that it seemed like such corporate speak but also insulting to Jay, like they couldn't find a good middle ground.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

demolition23 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:07 am
Wild Obsession wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:43 pm I would have thought their fanbase of disenfranchised teen age boys would have moved on from this shit band by now.
You don’t see any irony posting this on a board where 50 year olds still rave about hair bands?
Or older....👍
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

WOLF wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:02 pm Fire the guy in the band who’s the most proficient at his instrument… makes sense.
This^^^

Never liked this band. Pure shit!
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

At least it's the guy that can probably afford it the most. You know Max is going to leave a pretty hefty estate one day.

But yeah, Corey has seemed like an egotistical dick for a while now in the press, just a lot of unnecessary passive/aggressive shots at people. Maybe some of it's deserved, maybe he IS that talented, but I think you also have to learn to not say certain things, even if they are true.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:22 am
Or older....👍
My comment was more that IMO Slipknot is all gimmick, the "music" :roll: doesn't stand on its own.......
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Yeah, none of the genre we talk about here has anything to do with gimmicks, like big hair, makeup, wigs, white leather outfits, glam image to biker image, etc.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

You guys sure know a lot about Slipknot...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Wild Obsession wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:03 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:22 am

Or older....👍
My comment was more that IMO Slipknot is all gimmick, the "music" :roll: doesn't stand on its own.......
Poison says hello....
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

He's blind to irony.
ImageImage
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

FreddyFender wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:40 pm And made sure let the fans know he was fired and that he wasn't shit compared to Joey, in their statement.

"We would like to thank Jay Weinberg for his dedication and passion over the past ten years. No one can ever replace Joey Jordison's original sound, style or energy, but Jay honored Joey's parts and contributed to the last three albums and we, the band, and the fans appreciate it. But as ever, SLIPKNOT is intent on evolving. The band has decided to make a creative decision, and to part ways with Jay. We wish Jay all the best and are very excited for what the future holds."
Wait, max Weinberg's kid is the Slipknot drummer?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jens

Post by jens »

Newsted's FU Money wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:46 pmWeinberg's double kick work is sloppy and his meter is ass.
Can only judge him from the short tour in which he took his father's sport in the E Street Band, where he showed little feel for the tempo of slow songs.
Might be a good punk/hardcore guy where just rushing all the stuff is okay though.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

https://thehardtimes.net/music/jay-wein ... n-tickets/

SIOUX CITY, Iowa — Slipknot announced they parted ways with drummer Jay Weinberg after it was revealed that he exaggerated his ability to use his father’s connections to procure Springsteen tickets, the band’s reps confirmed.

“I didn’t think this lie would come back to bite me on the ass, but after almost ten years in the band they were bound to find out that I can’t actually score Bruce tickets whenever I see fit, let alone nine of them. I just told them I had connections when I was auditioning as a ‘perk’ of letting me in! In reality, most of the time I went to a show I was just my dad’s plus one,” said Weinberg. “But the guys just kept nagging me every time Bruce and the band would go on tour, and I could only blame Ticketmaster for so long before they discovered my ruse.”

Lead singer Corey Taylor said the decision to kick Weinberg out of the band was swift and unanimous.

“It’s one thing to lie, but it’s another thing to string me along thinking that I’m eventually going to see Bruce play ‘Spirit in the Night’ live when in fact the only times he ever hung out with Bruce was at his goddam horse ranch,” said Taylor. “I always thought ‘Iowa’ and ‘Nebraska’ were companion albums, and the band pitched having the E Street Band to play KnotFest with us on six different occasions, but Jay would always come back with some excuse about Bruce needing a break from touring which we all know is bullshit. That dude is a machine. So yeah, he’s leaving the band due to creative differences in that he needs to be more creative about having actual connections.”

Despite the discourse within the band, Bruce Springsteen himself was surprised his name even came up.

“Hang on, Jay was in Slipknot? I thought he was in a jazz quartet or something, at least that’s what he told Max,” said Springsteen. “Well if I can be honest, I don’t know why he’d say they could come to one of our shows when everyone knows I’m way more into ICP. He’s seen how much Faygo I consume. Shaggy, Violent J, those guys have a standing invitation to any show I perform, and I’d love it if they let me wrestle with them a little. Come on Jay, get it together.”

Band reps have also reported Weinberg is attempting a possible reconciliation with the band after proposing he could possibly get Conan O’Brien to hang out with them backstage next week.

Photo by Kaanislek.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:52 pm Wait, max Weinberg's kid is the Slipknot drummer?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When Jay was ~13 years old, he was backstage at a festival in Europe with his dad. Lars autographed a snare head for him and wrote, “Someday, this will all be yours!”

Always loved that story, and indeed it happened for awhile.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com