SERIOUS QUESTION ... Do you like Licorice? If so, Black, Red, other... I have some thoughts.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION ... Do you like Licorice? If so, Black, Red, other... I have some thoughts.

Post by diablomozart »

never been a fan...it's like a marathon bar, chewy and lasts forever but much less tasty...d.m.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION ... Do you like Licorice? If so, Black, Red, other... I have some thoughts.

Post by ParaDime77 »

My old man never leaves the house for a road trip without a pack of red Twizzlers. Perfect road snacks
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

I like black, red doesn't have much of a flavor to me, it's just kinda there.

When I was a kid Baskin Robbins had black licorice ice cream, it was awesome. Sometimes I'd get a shake made, it looked awesomely gross, like cement in a cup kinda (I think the milk changed the color some) My tongue would be some funky black color, it was fun to stick it out to freak people out.

It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

GoodJudge wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:37 pm That includes drinks like Pernod.
Are we talking Pernod liqueur, or Pernod absinthe? Because absinthe is fucking excellent. That particular brand isn't my favorite, and I've never tried their post-banning liqueur, but there are a ton of brands I like. I have no problem with anise flavored stuff. Fennel is great, too.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

diablomozart wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:54 pm marathon bar
"The Marathon bar was introduced in 1973 and was sold until it was discontinued in 1981. Cadbury has come up with an imitation of the Marathon Bar called a Curly Wurly but they are only sold in the UK & Canada."
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

I love both red and black licorice. Fave go-to are those giant packs of assorted red/black licorice made by Red Vines.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

GoodJudge wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:37 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:54 pm
VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:43 pm Can’t stand black licorice
I like Jäegermeister tho…
🤔
Lol same. Guess it's different to eat it than to drink it.
There's liquorice in Jaeger? I can't taste it, which is a good thing. I can eat or drink pretty much anything, except aniseed and liquorice. They are vile. That includes drinks like Pernod.
There’s liquorice and anise in it. A bunch of other stuff too of course.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Black licorice is one of my favorite candies. If I want the cheaper stuff, Good & Plenty will do, too! Get a lot of shit from people I know, but more for me!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

I like black liquorice- could take or leave red.

Speaking of which, does red liquorice even have liquorice in it? It basically just tastes like random candy to me.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

If I have to suffer the taste of licorice, I'll take it in Sambuca, Galliano, Oozo, Jager and others
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

I love red, I don't hate black but won't seek it out.
I'm not a fan of traditional Twizzlers though, shit is like wax and lacks flavor but their peel apart cherry kind are delicious.
My go-to is Australian licorice, there is a brand called Wiley Wallaby that can be found in most Target stores.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

demolition23 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:33 pm I like black liquorice- could take or leave red.

Speaking of which, does red liquorice even have liquorice in it? It basically just tastes like random candy to me.
Same. Red tastes fake to me. Black liquorice is good.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
SikkiNixx
Sharing sandwiches with street kids

Post by SikkiNixx »

Love it!
All of it!!
Even Grandma Kettle's after church All Sorts candies. Apparently black licorice is a laxative sometimes
New World Under Attack
No Telling If We'll Make It Out
Or Turn To Black